Project Cars 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 8, 2017.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    At first I didn't like the game at all, but now that I've been able to play around with my G920 and tweaked the force feedback, I'm fairly happy with the GT3 roster, but there's more work to be done.

They will have to address the broken AI (slow and overly aggressive, trying to smash you up against the wall) ffb, view distance lods from popping in and out, game stutter and significant fps drops.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Switching between the Forza Motorsport 7 demo and Project CARS 2, I've come to realise the reason why I find the cars so lightweight in the latter game and why they feel disconnected from the track at times. It's due to the weaker implementation of vibration in the Xbox One controller in Project CARS 2. In Forza 7 you can feel every bump through the controller plus it uses the trigger vibration feature too which makes for a more immersive experience than PC2 which doesn't offer anywhere near the same level of feedback.

It might seem like a minor thing but it's absolutely vital in a racing game when it is well done, as in Forza, as you can literally feel how the car is handling across road surfaces and so on. You also get a feel for how the car is gripping the road. That level of feedback just is not there in PC2, at least not with the controller.

3. kaneos

kaneos Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 TI
    That's simple :
    Forza and Gran Turismo are games built for controller and you see it by many ways, like the vibrations as you said whereas PC2, Asseto Corsa for example are built to be played with wheel, poor controller support. So these games should not be played with controller, the developpers didn't put their time in this support.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By the way, is anyone else experiencing a lot of bugs with the post-race features? For example, I finished a race this morning, which I won, and went to watch the replay. I saved it then entered the photo mode to take a couple of screenshots. However, when I exited the Photo mode I was returned to the replay mode minus any overlays (I had hidden them but pressing Y on the controller did not bring them back). Basically, I was unable to get the game to continue beyond here even with the keyboard and mouse. In the end, I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to switch to the desktop and back and, lo and behold, the game continued as normal!

I don't think I've ever played a game that was so stable (i.e. it doesn't crash) and addictive but so full of bugs as this one. It feels does feel like a game that needed a few more months of testing; that perhaps it had been rushed out to beat Forza Motorsport 7 and Gran Turismo Sport to the shelves.

5. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    They now have a couple of NASCAR tracks so wondering if some of those type cars will be coming out eventually. Also love Indy track and the vintage racer, wish there where more old time Indy style racers to come.

RzrTrek likes this.
  6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -

I was looking forward to do some oval racing against the AI (not my video) but this is very concerning and I hope they fix it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    love me some nascar arcade fun, good old days

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    turn10 is my best racing game dev, forza for the win

9. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Project CARS 2 and Forza 7 are chalk and cheese. Forza is an arcade game with some sim aspects (not many) and Project CARS 2 is up there in the Simulation category with iRacing, rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa.

Technically there's not a lot of comparison between them other than they both have cars in them and use some of the same tracks. Even then the detail level of the tracks and cars in pCARS2 is leaps and bounds ahead of Forza. If anything it's better to compare the detail level to iRacing which beats pCARS2 in many areas especially track feel and surface detail (FFB wise).

Playing pCARS2 with a controller is possible, though I would recommend a G29/G920 at least to get the minimum out of it. Not everyone will spend out a couple of grand on a Direct Drive wheel but in the Sim Racing genre the level of detail it becoming insanely good, with rFactor2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista and now pCARS2 giving you a lot of return for your expensive investment!

Once you get the sim itch, going back to Forza or GT just doesn't really cut it.

Netweezurd and The1 like this.
  10. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Good lord.

Also I want to say that the game controls perfectly with a pad, but not with their awful pad configuration, I needed to increase the sensibility way up and turn down the filtering way down, otherwise even small corrections are a nightmare, it felt a lot like shift 2 driving a crappy tuned car, horrible, like they wanted their game to fail.

11. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Looks like a typical NASCAR race to me :)
    Actually I stopped my car in the middle of the Indy track and watched as the other cars manged to miss me by turning to go around. One car did manage to clip me but that was one out of 20 or so.

12. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Actually the driving is fantastic with the pad setting the steering to 80, speed sensivity to 80 and both dampenings to 39. No driving helps involved.

13. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Do you(or any other guru) mind share all your settings ?

I am having a hard time with my xbox one controller(driving assists off).

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    What's wrong with this?

Oh, my mistake, I thought this was the Carmageddon thread.

15. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    It´s the default setting with only that stuff modidified.

Apparatus likes this.

16. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I find I have to setup the xbox 360 controller differently for certain cars.

Loving it so far and driving the Datsun 240z is a real trip for me because I sold new 240, 260 and 280 Datsun Z's and always had a new one for myself.

Right off the transport truck me and the head mech would grab one and, because we were close to the interstate, take it out for a run. We usually could get to around 130mph before the front end got a bit to floaty.

I also take the Jag 12 cylinder XKE for a spin as I owned one of those at one time and it would do 140 stock.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Same controller:

Throttle deadzone 2, sensitivity 0
    Acc deadzone 0, sensitivity 20
    Brake deadzone 0, sensitivity 40
    Speed sensitivity 95 (default)

I'll probably reduce the braking sensitivity a bit.

Apparatus likes this.
  18. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    What are your dampening and filtering settings at? I've been testing the speed sensitivity between 80 and 99 and I've settled on 90 for now. My brake sensitivity is at 15 and it works well for me so far. With deadzones of near zero, does your car go straight on straight parts of the track? In emulators, I usually have to use between 15-20 deadzone for both of my analog sticks.

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I did a thing. I went ahead and grabbed a G920 Wheel/pedals. Here on Friday. That was a lot for a peripheral but I can always sell if I don't use it enough.

Guess I'm gonna keep this game after all.... and get Forza. =D

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Haha, I didnt notice those Damping settings, they are at default.
    Damping Saturation 100
    Controller Damping 67

I couldnt use a controller needing 20 deadzone.
    Worse I would expect would be 5. I'd send it back if it was worse.
    Yep it goes in a straight line at 2. I havent tried lower yet.