Hurricane Irma category 5 , 185+ mph winds /Strongest Storm of the Century and i'm in the path of it

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by chispy, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Yea Cowie^....we still waiting on chispy to check in....they got it bad.

chispy likes this.
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It is with gret sorrow to inform you guys that the the island of Puerto Rico is no more , paradise lost.

We are completely devastated , the whole island was sent back to the stone age :( we have lost everything. There is absolutely no infrastructure left on the island , no electricity , no water , no food , no gasoline ( petrol ).

The closest thing i can compare Puerto Rico right now is the attack of Nagasaki and Hiroshima in Japan with a nuclear bomb. There is no trees standing , no birds , parrots or beatiful wild animals alive anywhere on the island. The death toll is way over 100+ and counting. 60 percent of the homes are gone , my house is made out of concrete with very solid foundation but it was damage very bad. My windows were gone at the instant the 165+ mph winds started. I save myself and my family because we went into a bathroom with no window and a very sturdy door , otherwise we would have died for sure.

Thank God me an my family survived this horrible experience. I lost my uncle and we have not found his body in the ruins and ruble yet :( . I'm crying as i'm typing this , i am sorry i cannot handle this situation anymore.

I shed so many tears today when i looked at the sky and it was filled with c130 hercules and c45 galaxys huge us air force airplanes , around 25 of them , God bless America !. I got weak in my knees and fell down on my knees giving thank you to the lord for sending us the much needed help from USA , also one aircraft carrier and a lot of ships from the Navy are on the way with water , food , medicines and help. This is so hard guys , so hard. We are hungry and thirsty. We will need the whole world to give us a hand in order to stay alive and survive for what is to come.

I am typing this on my mobile phone on a help center for communications and might be my last report for a while as we are given only 30 minutes to use the internet only , im lucky i get to use it today.

Please help us and pray for us.

Kind regards: Chispy

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Chispy ...we love you here Bro......so sorry for your loss...:(

I'm sad but still glad to hear from you...please hang in there.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Jeez I have no words glad you made it ok and sorry about your uncle I hope the US stands up and really gives you the help you need.

JaxMacFL, boom12a1, airbud7 and 2 others like this.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hold on chispy, our thoughts are with you and you guys in PR. I'm sorry to hear about your loss....

jura11, JaxMacFL, boom12a1 and 2 others like this.
  6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    So very sad Chispy.
    Please update us when you can how things recover.
    It looks like it will be a long slog, I hope the weather is plant friendly from now on.
    I'm glad you survived but not for what you have to go through.

jura11, JaxMacFL, boom12a1 and 2 others like this.
  7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That is such awful news my man. Condolences from me and the entire staff on behalf of your uncle and those close to you that are missing. That is unbelievable news man, hang in there chispy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you buddy.

jura11, JaxMacFL, boom12a1 and 3 others like this.
  8. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Absolutely heart wrenching, chispy. God bless.

9. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    I am so sorry. Praying for you and your family.
    I'm so glad the military has come in force. That's a very good sign.
    Things will get better. Stay strong,stay safe.

jura11, Mufflore, JaxMacFL and 2 others like this.
  10. boom12a1

boom12a1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3060XC 12 GB
    Chipsy I'm so sorry to hear about your losses and the loss of your Uncle.
    But I'm also happy to hear that you and your family is OK.

Will continue praying for you and your family and also all the people on the island.

Keep safe and stay, it will get better.

11. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    So sad and happy at the same time here Chispy, happy that you and your family are ok, sad for your terrible loss and the many others who lost loved ones.
    Glad to hear the good old USA is trying to (as always) get help into you all asap.
    I'm wondering if, when the power and supply lines get going again, we (Gurus) can get a collection of stuff you might need together here and ship it to you and your family, a box of stuff to make you feel better.
    I want to help somehow, its heartbreaking to see what has taken place there and on many other islands that got hit.
    Please keep us posted, we are with you 100%.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thats terrible chispy, sorry for your loss :(, thoughts and prayers with you all my friend.

13. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Hang in there Chispy!

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Was hoping to hear news of you. Not that kind of news though. Losing family is never easy; especially when everyone's thoughts are when one's next meal will be. No amount of words can express what you are feeling and what everyone is experiencing over there. Stay strong, help is there and hopefully will get to you and yours soon. God bless and be with you. Memory eternal, for your uncle.

15. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    It's in hardship that great people are born. Stay strong man

16. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Hang in there my friend - everything will settle soon and things will get better.

jura11 likes this.
  17. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss and devastation in Puerto Rico. I have never been there, but my brother went there last year with his family and brought lots of pictures back of the beautiful place and spoke very fondly of the local Rum and friendly people. -- I'll be praying for you man.

18. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Evidently a huge amount of supplies have arrived but there is either no fuel or blocked roadways, preventing delivering of them. The supplies end up sitting at the runway or dock!!!! Not acceptable!!! We can airdrop, helo, clear the roadways!! WTF!!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  19. Bro love you so much, thanks for your support, this is very sad, you are very well Know as a Humble Person that put your effort and support to help others.
    I'm really sad for your lost, but i know you will recovery soon! wish i can have some money or things to send to Puerto Rico, also I would love to give you a hug and a hand in person.

The karma exist bro, You just did born again bro, and the life have good things for you. no matter what happen, you keep strong and keep doing good things in this life, believe it or not, but life has good things for you and your family.

Sorry for my Poor English, i know that i have repeat this phrase many,many months, and i'm being lazy to fix my grammar, it is because maybe my mind is full depressed or depressing and is hard to put attention, but I believe in you my friend

Have good life/day/morning/noon/night

Take care :) @chispy

20. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Oh my God... Chispy, man, I'm so sorry to hear about situation there, your uncle... Couldn't imagine how are you feeling right now, one moment when you think it's not going to happen and then all that hell coming your way...

And just when I think how mad I was when strong wind 150+ Km/h striked 2 times my town this September and I had to repair roofs a bit on three houses twice in two weeks period, I was so mad at that one above... But now when I think about it I feel so so stupid right now because it was nothing compared to your loss, it was just a small damage on few roofs, a bit of a chaos in my backyards and in the front of the houses and nothing else, no lives lost...

Couldn't fell a sleep after I've read your last post somewhere around 5am, made myself coffe and woke up my lady to tell her how lucky we were this month....

Stay strong man, nothing else comes to my mind atm, feeling so empty right now... I'm going to pray for you, your family, friends and other people there. Take care and keep us updated next time when you grab some internet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.