MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    How about adding an option to popup the list of monitoring graphs into a resizable window? The biggest issue for me is not even the lack of multiselect, it's that if you want to move something from the bottom of the list to the top - you have to do it in multiple phases, moving on 6 positions and then scrolling up and moving another 6 positions, etc.

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The one we got from DigiCert took like 30 minutes :p

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Yep, I'm thinking about something like that for future releases. And small useful trick, you don't have to do it in multiple phases when drag'n'droping something - just keep dragging the item above top or below bottom edge of the list and it will autoscroll in desired direction ;)

cookieboyeli likes this.
  4. Unwinder

Besiders provider itself, validation time differs drastically depending on your and certificate provider location (i.e. depending on the provider's need to translate your ID documents) and depending on your status (individual or organization).

5. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Glad to see some multi select getting added , it'll help.

While we are dreaming, how bout the ability to create categories/folders that you can expand/collapse? Make a Category/Folder and call it "CPU" then you can put all the CPU related items under that. This would really be helpful if you start adding things via the Plugin since you could separate them into their respective categories (CPU, GPU, HDD, Temps, Power, etc...).

With the ability to make your own Categories you could even go further. Say have all the temp related ones in one category, all the voltage/power in another. Gives the most flexibility.

This would also help with the scrolling as you could expand/collapse the category/folder.

EriksR and cookieboyeli like this.
  6. Unwinder

I'm doing final changes, preparing context help for new GUI items (to let localization creators to update their language packs after releasing the beta). Once I finish it we'll launch the beta, I guess it is a question of couple days.

Vulkan, boogieman and LocoDiceGR like this.
  7. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    BattleEye whitelisted new digital signature ( Arma 3 & DayZ ).

Unwinder likes this.
  8. Unwinder

That was fast, thanks for good news :)

9. Unwinder

Just got a notification from EAC as well, new signature is expected to be whitelisted in most of EAC-protected games this week. And next week for the remaining ones. So huge thanks for fast response goes to both Bastian @ BattleEye and Aarni @ EAC :)

Tomatone likes this.
  10. Unwinder

New MSI AB beta is online:

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta17.rar

The major key features of new release are:

- Hardware monitoring plugins support, now you can monitor more data out of box and can create your own sensors and share your work with community
    - OSD layout editor. Now you can customize modern OSD layout in details
    - Improved programmable critical thresholds in hardware monitoring module. Now you can configure you system to play sound alarm or perform emergency actions (e.g. downclock GPU, boost fan speed or even power down the system) when some monitored parameter reach critical value

Full changes list (comparing to beta 16) includes:

And a couple of new functionality demos for those who missed it:

Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017

11. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Unwinder...you are unbelievable! Thanks for the new beta

12. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Welcome back Rivatuner ! I've missed you girlfriend :D

burebista likes this.
  13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    One small issue with alerts is that they only color the text label but not the label on the graph:

[​IMG]

It would be cool to have the alert color the graph as well.

Also I may have missed this but is there any way to switch the Modern OSD separator back to spaces, like in Classic OSD layout? I don't like the tabbed look of the Modern OSD, too much of a spreadsheet resemblance.

And maximum frametimes graph is a bit strange here, no? Considering that I run with vsync on 60Hz it shouldn't look like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i'm trying to activate the HWinfo plugin stats like Mobo temps/SSD temps ..etc

anyone figured that out ?!

15. Unwinder

That's a good idea, I think I'll add it.

Expand "Value alignment" node in the layout editor and set all child items to "default" or simply remove them. Then do the same for "Units alignment" node children. And finally expand "Separators" node and specify comma as group data separator.

Nice 3D engine with "good" frame pacing.

16. Unwinder

There is nothing special in enabling it, just enable the plugin and ensure that HwInfo is running, its sensors window is active and shared memory support (on by default) is enabled in HwInfo properties.

17. p833415

p833415 Guest

GPU:
    rx 580
    would be nice if finally the installation path of the previous version would be recognized!!!
    Also it should be possible nevertheless finally times to set reasonable standard values with the sensors eg. RAM usage is standard Max 16GB, I have 32GB.
    Or a standard min voltage of 0V, but is absolutely impossible such values

18. Unwinder

You can redefine the limits for each graph since the very first version. So _finally_ RTM please.

19. p833415

p833415 Guest

GPU:
    rx 580
    All right!
    Auto detection or at least more sensible values would be better.
    The fact that you have to manually adjust the installation path every time you Update with both programs is just annoying.

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Thanks for the update Unwinder :D