OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Fan settings are properly changed, I just checked
    Ask AMD why the made such stupid fan controlling in wattman. Personally i don't use wattman fan controlling, and my GPU fans always behave as i want.

PS
    Here is 0.1.9 beta2 with up9505 i2c support added (MSI RX500 and others) To test it "Rescan lines" must be clicked in settings

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    cofd and plywood99 like this.
  2. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Tede thanks for this amazing tool!

3. cofd

cofd Guest

GPU:
    Intel / 2G
    Hello, great thank for this great tool.
    Just one thing, can you make the function to get the current temp of card? GPU-Z suck and it is easy to hang the rigs when mining. When we have temp, it is easy to desire which card need lower voltage.

4. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    hi
    i think i have fan control problem when using my 7970 with overdriventool when apply profile fan speed stay locked 20% even is listed auto in msi ?!!
    and with msi ab all normal when apply profile instantly fan go up
    and i unlocked wattman with registry then they added option temp limit and is 97c with -22% power limit so maybe this is the reason for the bug any tweak fixes cause i need overdriventool profile load with simple click the best software :)

5. wiak

wiak Member

GPU:
    RX 480 Gaming X
  6. KillBill

KillBill Guest

GPU:
    Rx470 4 Gb
    Hi, tede!

Thanks for the app, it works like a charm!

I faced a problem with my .bat file: if there is no external screen, the first GPU is Radeon (with id = "0"), but if I need to connect the display, I'm receiving an error that the first GPU is not supported (because it's integrated Intel card). It's OK, but it blocks all other commands in the .bat file. Could you please add an attribute to show errors/notifications in command line instead of GUI?

As a temprorary solution, I'm using the following .bat file:

start "" "C:\OverdriveNTool\OverdriveNTool.exe" -r0
    start "" "C:\OverdriveNTool\OverdriveNTool.exe" -r1
    start "" "C:\OverdriveNTool\OverdriveNTool.exe" -r7
    timeout 6
    start "" "C:\OverdriveNTool\OverdriveNTool.exe" -p0"1"
    start "" "C:\OverdriveNTool\OverdriveNTool.exe" -p7"1"

It works correctly: if there are any errors, all other command are executed without pending the result of another command.
    Also, it is handy when one GPU is not functional for some reason.

Thanks!

7. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Hi
    In 0.1.9 beta3 I've added possibility to show messages in console only instead of gui messages. Add -consoleonly command into your commandline.
    Position where you put -consoleonly will affect only rest of the commands, so:
    "OverdriveNTool.exe" -consoleonly -r0 -p0"1" -r1 -p1"1" -r2 -p2"2"
    will affect all commands
    "OverdriveNTool.exe" -r0 -p0"1" -r1 -consoleonly -p1"1" -r2 -p2"2"
    will affect -p1"1" -r2 -p2"2" commands only

It will eventually show messages in cmd.exe parent window, so you would need to use "pause" or something else to keep this window open to read them.

I also changed GPU displayed on startup to first supported rather than just first one. This can be helpfull for people that have integrated gpu with gpu_id=0
    I'm not going to add any monitoring features. Even if I add I wouldn't give you different temperature than GPU-Z. For lower temperatures just increase fan speeds.
    No, it's correct. Overdrive Next api uses new fan controll algoritm which behavior is sometimes hard to explain.
    When you use other software custom fan controlling it uses probably older api to controll fan, fan speeds depend on gpu temperature only (fan curve). "Manual" means "use old api" for them I think.

BAZOKA1942 likes this.
  8. staman

staman Guest

GPU:
    rx580
    Wanted to ask you, did anything changed lately? I set p7 state for my RX580 to 1200/850 but the voltage is being set widely.. 0.938 now, after restart 0.925, after another restart 0.933
    It was working just fine for a long time.. i don't get it (blockchain driver 23-aug)

Please tede, can you stop using zippyshare as you upload destination? we can't download the file from there.. no matter what I do, it simple won't allow me to download it from there
    Finally found a time to test the new 0.19.x version and I can't downloading it :( (again!)
    So frustrating!
    EDIT: Managed to download it after 10 minutes of fight!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  9. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Yes, I must resign from zippyshare, just checked my link without adblock :confused: I must find new site which is easy in usage like zippyshare but without ton of ads.
    Here is google drive link for 0.1.9 beta3
    @staman check your PM

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  10. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Non-OC
    Since updating from 3.1 to 8.1 I now get Win10's smartscreen protector when I run ONT. I have a profile in startup but it again asks whether I want to run it. I did not get this with 3.1. How can I disable smart screen for this specific program? I tried giving it admin privs but it still asks for permission.

EDIT: From readng around you need to digitally sign your app. Can you please fix this as it is causing problems loading profiles at Win10 startup and I don't really want to disable the protection.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

11. KillBill

KillBill Guest

GPU:
    Rx470 4 Gb
    Wow, great solution! Works perfectly on my rig, thank you! No GUI error messages anymore.

Thanks!

12. wiak

wiak Member

GPU:
    RX 480 Gaming X
  13. wiak

wiak Member

GPU:
    RX 480 Gaming X
    thats a great leap windows 3.1 to windows 8.1 :p

14. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    @tede
    tnx bro
    maybe we need 2 extra stuff static voltage and force max performance state like clockblocker wow it will be perfect all in one package

15. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Great tool Tede, thanks a lot :)

Got my Vega64 up to ~1700MHz, pretty stable.
    1.22V for P7, and 1722MHz for the requested clock.
    It gets up to about 1710 max.

Strangely, in the Superposition Bench, the clock is much higher in the 1080p extreme test than the 4K optimized.
    ~1700 vs 1640 in 4K test.
    GPU-Z showed 397W max for the GPU alone. 47°C max :)
    Is there any way to get above 50% power limit?

OnnA likes this.

16. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Evildead666 likes this.
  17. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Thankfully Hellm also posted the files on a german site, which allows downloading of attachments without being a member. ;) Did a google search for the zip file, and there were only 2 results.

18. masteratarms

masteratarms Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 56
    Thx for making this tool, Tede. Is there a way to auto set a profile when it loads? I have it in startup folder. Also the way you laid the GUI out explained what the second temperature was to me (a point where the GPU will start throttling).

19. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Hi masteratarms, use commandline -p[gpu_id]"Name" to set your profile.

20. masteratarms

masteratarms Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 56
    overdriveNTool.exe -p0"50% 950mem 38'c"

So I can use the task scheduler to run a command line with these parameters?

At log on
    Action Start a program:
    <program > < argument >
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe overdriveNTool.exe -p0"1"

I have copied overdriveNTool.exe (and ini file and made new profile named "1") to C:\Windows\System32\

I can't get it to apply settings via task scheduler but it works when I paste command into command prompt, verified with GPU-z.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017