GeForce 385.69 - WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Sep 21, 2017.

1. I've only installed the Os and all drivers, no settings has been made on.

My display don't support HDR , it is a normal IPS panel. With the 385.41 driver all colors was fine.

I'll try your suggestions

Thanks

2. Spax1171

Spax1171 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 OC
    No problem here. Work fine.

3. My monitor is the LG
    27UD68 if is you useful to help me :)

4. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1

Thanks mate, after repairing it works fine, even much faster than before but at the same time, it looks like BF1 graphics are a bit downgraded? or its just me?...now I can run the game at 260x1080+130% scaling no problems, before only at 120%...are graphics the same?

thanks!!

5. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    They can, but they could just as well add an option to use their working HDR solution that works perfectly fine with previous drivers and override the trash Windows solution instead to give users a choice what they use. Perhaps @ManuelG could poke the driver devs to add that option.

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This will likely prevent them from receiving WHQL certification. Such option would actually break WDDM 2.2 driver design rules. So again, while possible in theory, it's up to MS to allow it.

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Perhaps. But there could be ways around that, such us not "officially" supporting it and offering a tool as they did with other things that would have prevented them to receive the certification in the past.

Heck, I'd be happy if there was a registry entry or a flag in Nvidia Inspector that would allow people to use it (could it be that there is such a thing already and nobody has found it yet?).

9. Thanks dude! I'll try with the icm profile tomorrow morning ;)

Yes, is a FreeSync monitor :rolleyes:, I've purchased it in occasion of a good deal last April... 299€ brand new.

I'll try to find a good G-Sync monitor with IPS panel this year for Christmas time;)

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    You're welcome. I'm still using 1440p59 normal PLS panel.

11. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Is it me, or does this driver perform worse with PUBG?

12. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Don't understand why people argue that it was released in April or May. It was officially released in March, which as you explained was clearly indicated in the 1703 build number (I even remember upgrading from AU to CU in March). If 1709 has been confirmed as the RTM release for the CU2, then as stated above it'll be released in September. Whether it will be pushed to Windows Update in October or later is irrelevant. The ISO should be released this month.

I have been happily using Windows 10 LTSB for a while now since I left the CU. But just realised a couple of days ago when the demo for Forza 7 got released that Microsoft asks that you're on the CU as the minimum requirement. Was really annoyed by it, but oh well. If and when CU2 is released, if everyone's happy with it and there's performance improvements, etc, I will consider switching back to Windows 10 Pro. Until then, I'm happy with LTSB right now, faced 0 issues using it other than Forza 7 being incompatible.

Same performance for me in comparison to the previous driver. No change to the performance that was really noticeable. But could vary from user to user. So it might be affecting negatively for you with your system.

13. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I hope this fixes adaptive vsync being broken in basically every game on my HDTV ... works on my PC monitor no problem. Anyone have any input into why that would be? Also, can I set a different type of vsync for each display or is it just a global setting? I'd like to use adaptive for my PC monitor and fast for my HDTV as I find that fast sync gets me WAY smoother game play on my big screen. Will report back on these drivers if anything changes.

14. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Installs and works almost the same as previous whql in all of my system.

15. Flybyderp

Flybyderp Guest

GPU:
    AMP! Extreme 980 TI
    With this driver I've been getting weird purple artifacts in PUBG. No issues with previous driver.

Installed these with DDU safemode

16. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Not here but I'm on LTSB Enterprise

17. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    No purple stuff here, but i do feel as if it drops frames over time.

18. cyberscott

cyberscott Member

GPU:
    GTX 2080 Ti
    The drop down selection for 10 bit / 12 bit output is not available when the appropriate video signal is sent. Same issue as 385.41. Had to go back to 385.28 to have that option again.

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Anyone is playing NBA 2K18? There's no Game Ready for NBA 2K18 yet. (Released 14th September 2017)

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Fine here, on both DP and HDMI.