GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Specs and Details - Based on GP104-300

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    schmidtbag, Solfaur and Silva like this.
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    That's some really nice numbers.

If those numbers are somewhat true, that means RIP short lived Vega RX56.
    RX56 is the only Vega that was worth considering over Nvidia GTX1070. RX64 is a joke.

Nvidia just doesn't give AMD a rest.

4. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    These specs look really good I personally didn't believe the TI rumors and this looks even better than what I would have expected.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Well if it actually gets out, most likely 1080 won't make much sense after it, or perhaps its a better miner 1070?

Let's see the prices and actual performance IF it comes out.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    So it's basically similar to the Laptop GTX 1070, which already had more shader units than the Desktop model. Not too surprising they had to counter the RX56 offer somehow.

Of course they don't. Nvidia probably has a lot more in the backpocket if need to be, too. If the Vegas would at least be priced half of what they are now to really offer unbeatable performance for the price by far, but I guess the profit margins wouldn't be good for that and Nvidia can likely slash the prices even more than AMD ever could if they were to go down that route.

7. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    The discrepancy between the 1070Ti and 1080 is minimal. I mean it looks like they could've just cut down the 1080 price by a bit and save themselves the trouble.

schmidtbag likes this.
  8. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Honestly I would call it 1080-- instead of a 1070ti with those specs

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, looks like it's pretty much rendering the 1080 obsolete, not worth paying 25% more for 5% more shader units.
    Overclocked custom models will beat FE 1080s at stock, so yeah... pretty good performance for the money imho.

10. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    so basically its a 1080 with one SMX disabled and is using standard GDDR5 instead of 'X'Variant... i'm assuming it less memory intensive games there might be very little difference between this and a 1080

Not sure how they will price this, in the UK there is only a £100 difference between the 1070 and 1080... this could go right in the middle... but either this will be much stronger than the 1070, eating away at the sales or the 1080 is just that little bit more that this might not sell well.... Well this is the case of the current pricing they might drop the current 1070 down a notch and this here till take its place

11. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    Looks like it's their response to vega 56. Looking at the specs and if (!!!) the price is around $399 then vega 56 is not really a better option for the price. The only thing AMD can rely on then is miners and hardcore Radeon fans. Bad news for all of us though, as nvidia's "monopoly" will be even stronger.

12. undorich

undorich Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce Palit 1080
    thx nvidia, for the first time since 1997 i bought a nv card. i didnt like the way they abused 3dfx because of glide (now look at g-sync .. lol) also the 15b against 32b was just a marketing fight. now i got myself a 1080 fpr 600 euros !! gamerock palit. just 3 days ago .. :-/ just to find out that they upset their customers again. their business politics is just a disaster and only money focused. they do everything trying to destroy their opponents. even upsetting their customers more and more. not nice. i hope that there will be a third and fourth big player in the game one day. to get a real competition going. 2 are not enough. rockefeller used to say 'competition is sin' !

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, NV didn't know you just bought your 1080, undorich. ;)
    On a serious note, can't you give it back, and hold out a bit longer with your old GPU? So you can wait for the 1070Ti?

14. yeeeman

yeeeman Member

GPU:
    9600GT 512mb
    After that we'll have GTX 1080 TiTiEs

15. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    [​IMG]

Maddness and Silva like this.

16. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Holy cow! I said in a previous thread it would either be at 1080 performance level or be useless with faster memory, guess it's the 1080 option! They really killed Vega, only miners would buy those now.

But looking at this you can see how big are Nvidia gains to be able to afford the launch of new GPU's, cheaper than before and take the competition head on. That's why I don't buy Nvidia anymore, I don't like paying a premium.

17. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    well that is more your thought than anyone elses.... the TI got rumoured days ago now, and even if there was no TI we also know Volta should be coming at the start of next year if rumours be true...and a business focused on money? so like all successful businesses? they need to go on profit to pay for R&D and pay wages etc etc... any business that doesn't do this either gets left behind R&D wise or will go into bankruptcy simple as.
    Either way the GTX 1080 is a great card
    The downside of no competition :/ we need someone other than AMD in the GPU ring really... Nvidia just dominate the mid to top end of GPU's ... with no competition with either the 1080 or 1080ti... now with the 1070ti AMD's only good high end GPU the Vega 56 will most likely be crushed in performance, power and price :/

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    So AMD needs to drop the price by 50$ to stay competitive. It's not like Vega 56 will be that much slower anyways. Which won't happen considering shortages and price gouging.

19. jazh23

jazh23 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 ti 2GB
    GTX 1080 LE...

olymind1 likes this.
  20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I am assuming that this card will have GDDR5x memory rather than having the standard GDDR5 memory that the 1070 has if this rumor is indeed true. Makes me wonder what kind of performance I can gain going from a OCed GTX 1070 to a 1070 ti. Not that I care of upgrading but I was just curious.