Battlefield 1 DX 12 & RX 560 Crossfire performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by opusss, Sep 21, 2017.

1. opusss

opusss Guest

GPU:
    270x
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    The framehitching/pausing is real, not to mention the graphic anomalies.

Here's a tip, never SLI/CF low end cards, buy a decent card in the first place.

3. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    It's BF1, it has issues in DX12 multiplayer anyway - sometimes it's super stable and other times it's got a lot of stutter (I play BF1 under DX12 on my Fury and get these issues from time to time but having said that, the mGPU config could be exacerbating those very issues) and the shadows are a known issue anyway, only tip there is to reduce them until DICE fix it (I think the shadow issues are also attributed to the wide fov).

Anyway telling someone to get a better card doesn't really help (that's just rude), they might have been only able to afford one card during their initial build or perhaps they acquired a second card cheaply or whatever other reason.

Honestly though, this looks more like a proof of concept thing and aside from the stutter and the dodgy shadows it does look like there's promise.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    mirh likes this.
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    DX12 runs bad in BF1.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No it's not rude it's just the smart thing to do.

Never a good idea to mGPU low end budget cards.

I get budget constraints but you should never go in with the mindset that you'll buy another in a month or w/e.

A 560 costs 130 USD, a GTX 1060 which is more than twice as fast for 200 USD.
    You're paying more for less performance, not to mention that mGPU will have poor scaling or bad experience depending on the title.
    That person spent 260 for 2 RX560s when they could have saved money by selling the first RX560 and buying a 1060.

A 1060 is much cheaper and much faster than 2 560s, so a win win.

Anyways with the common occurrence of lazy devs not caring about mGPU I wouldn't have considered it in the first place with a budget card.

signex likes this.
  6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    So what's the smart thing to do when you don't have a budget to consider a better card now and would have to wait some time before being able to?

$70 might not be a lot for you but for someone else it could mean not eating for a week, do you understand? This is why I said, this could be a case of an initial 560 build, paired up with another 560 later on, or, just a proof of concept trouble being, we don't know the circumstances, so we shouldn't be judging like that, hence why it's rude.

I'm not saying you're wrong in any of this, multi-gpu setups aren't worth the hassle when better performance can come from a card that would be cheaper than two 560s put together if we consider the two 560s bought at the same time (I'm guessing you didn't include 570/580 due to mining craze) but I don't think this is the point of this video (lets be honest, 560s are really cheap in the 2nd hand market).

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20

Exactly why i said *If you can afford 2 new 560s, only 1 upfront and the 2nd at a later time, sell the first 560 and put it towards the 1060*.

Judging on ebay prices, they are bidding for 80-90 USD on used RX560s.
    for an extra $20 you can get a 1060.

If I had to wait a little bit I wouldn't have bought the budget card in the first place, I would have saved my money for the 1060 instead.
    But everybody thinks differently.

Totally offtopic but if someone has to starve for a week over buying $70 worth of a GPU than their priorities are messed up.
    More important things to take care obviously

signex likes this.
  8. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Do you really like mincing what others say? I'm alluding to the point that a person would not get something they cannot afford.... (I don't disagree that getting 2 GPUs outright new is bad though, that's just going to cause headaches, heat, power, compatibility and of course not being as reliable as a single card that'd be better at the same cost).

And yes we would all get something better if we can wait to do so, should I/would I/could I hindsight there, we all get the best we can when we can unless you buy a prebuilt machine.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    A used 1060 6gb goes for quiet alot, he might only be able to get the 3gb version wich i think isn't worth it.

But prices in Holland are steep anyways, and i never buy from ebay unless it's coming from Germany.

EDIT: Not sure where OP lives, there are some cheap one's on ebay ranging from 200-250 euro.
    But tbh, RX 560/460 are pretty terrible cards, i've owned a RX 460 it was even slower then a used 680 i had.

Especially in PUBG, the GTX 680 doubles my performance over the RX 460.
    He would be even better off with a R9 390/X wich are still very much capable cards and might be cheaper as well.

Hell, even a 1050 Ti would be a better option even if it's not a big upgrade.
    Then he wouldn't even need to add more cash after selling his RX 560's.

And about the hitching, it's probably due to server lag as people are complaining about it in chat.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  10. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    The rx 460/560 is an hd 7870 class gpu, so yeah its gonna be alot slower than a gtx 680, it's also 100-120$ not exactly high performance .... you get what you pay for, 1050 in the same price range isn't gonna be much better against a gtx 680 either..

1060 is definitely the way to go atm though for the most bang for your buck if you're buying new, very well priced compared to the rx 400/500 cards atm, mgpu is essentially dead , even if you can do it, you wouldn't want to, there is virtually no proper support for it by any newer games, mostly sketchy profiles these days.

11. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    These days I think you could go 4-way crossfire of RX560 (assuming low end cards support that?) before getting to the prices of a freaking 1060.

12. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    2way isn't sensible for gaming, 4way is complete trash. But if you say so, we'd love to hear the gpu prices in your location, in the region 100-250$