Samsung CF791 or Asus ROG PG348

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by sakiboj, Sep 19, 2017.

1. sakiboj

sakiboj Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080ti gaming x
    Samsung CF791 or Asus ROG PG348 for nvidia 1080ti? I am not competitive gamer but I dont like when stutter occurs :) Or maybe something else? I like bigger curve on samsung. Do I really need gsync?

Had to return one asus pg348q because of faulty hdmi.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I would've picked the samsung. I'm fine with 60fps vsync so I'm not really interested in gsync and chosen the curved screen. You might want to have gsync if you want the high refresh rate. I wouldn't choose the curved monitor if you're going to use it from a distance to watch a movie or something.

3. sakiboj

sakiboj Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080ti gaming x
    No I would use it for gaming mostly. That samsung will have 100hz refresh rate if I have amd gpu? Otherwise with nvidia will be 60?

What do you think about acer z35p?

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You'll get the same refresh rate on both AMD and Nvidia. You just won't get to use the gsync module with an AMD card. The acer monitor looks good too. I like that it is both curved and has gsync. Just read some reviews about the panels for all 3 go with what you like. For me it is between the samsung and the acer. I don't like ultra wide monitors which aren't curved.