Windows 10 Build 16273 broke AB and RTSS ?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by phatbx133, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's just a workaround for service management related calls, Unicode usage covers just 0.001 percent of application's functionality. Whole application, the core, libararies are still ANSI and cannot be ported to Unicode that fast and easily.

2. JacobKlein

JacobKlein Member

Hmm.. Well, typically it seems that devs will let a problem remain so long as Microsoft is at fault (as is the case here). I mean, in your case, older versions of AfterBurner are also broken, so maybe the workaround is only useful for educational/testing purposes to help us isolate the exact cause, which you've done. :)

3. Unwinder

Btw, I've also informed all my friendly devs affected by the problem about the problem source and possible workarounds. So you can expect similar workaround in AIDA and other tools soon.

4. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

i can confirm RTSS/MSI Afterburner plus AIDA don't work with latest insider.

5. Unwinder

Try to read the thread before posting!

JacobKlein likes this.
  6. JacobKlein

JacobKlein Member

Today's Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring Build 16278
    ... still has the problem that broke MSI Afterburner.

MSI Afterburner v4.4.0 Beta 16 Build 10482 ... still allows full monitoring, even with "Enable low-level IO driver" checked. It works great!
    MSI Afterburner v4.4.0 Beta 16 Build 10473 ... and prior, still requires that "Enable low-level IO driver" is unchecked, to monitor the GPUs while losing some hardware monitoring.

Thanks,
    Jacob

phatbx133 and Dude1070 like this.
  7. Dude1070

Dude1070 Member

GPU:
    RX 6950 XT
    Jacob beat me to it, confirmed working for me

8. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    And its the same deal for todays insider build (16281). v4.4.0 Beta 16 Build 10482 works with low level io checked. Other builds still don't

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Valerys likes this.
  9. JacobKlein

JacobKlein Member

Microsoft has fixed this problem, in Build 16288, according to their release notes (mentioning EasyAntiCheat) and according to my testing.
    Both old and new versions of Afterburner, work now, on that build.