Intel Core i7-8700K Cinebench CB15 Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 11, 2017.

1. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    Saw someone pointing out on Anandtech forums that a leak from a couple weeks ago had the 8700K with 901 ST score and 1410 MT score.
    https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/28803237

Who knows if this is accurate at all, maybe it's not, maybe the values in today's leak are more accurate, but, it's too early to be jumping to conclusions I guess.

2. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Don't need to assume a BIOS issue to explain the results. It is unrealistic to assume a full 50% improvement on all cores, due to TDP limits (95W, which is close to the 91W of the 7700K). If Intel was to add two more cores to a 7700K and run them at the same all-core clock speed, they would blow the TDP out of the water. To remain within thermal design limits, the all-core clock speed of the 8700K necessarily has to be lower, and that means the gains will not be an exact 50%.

Of course if you're overclocking then it's a different matter, but the TDP doesn't really matter in that case.

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Did I make a fanboy salty? Clearly looks like, learn to argument like a civil person, not a youtube simpleton.

You have benches right in front of you, argue against them. If and When there will be other benches with different stats, we will have something to talk. For now, your argument is Invalid. Deal with it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    When is 9700K coming out? In 2019? In any case it probably should be compared to the next Zen generation, not the current one.

Silva likes this.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    At the rate that Intel is releasing new CPUs, I would expect December 2017 :p j/k

dean469 and Silva like this.
  6. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    If memory performance is higher then we can expect better 720/1080P (e-sports) performance with high end GPUs. CB isn't really affected by memory bandwidth. Also, AMD's SMT does well in it, so they are over-represented.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    So many choices....Times are good!....

Silva and Ricepudding like this.
  8. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    Things are getting better and cheaper on Intel's side, It's good to everyone.

9. audiophizile

audiophizile Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I will be interested to see overclocking ability or lack of (looking at you skylake-x). Intel has had decent headroom most of the time. If it can get to 4.6+ on all cores that'd be pretty decent. Game performance to any degree matters far more to me than the ~minute I'd pick up editing and exporting a 10-20min video. This is just me though. I care about game first always. My videos never drag me down. If there was something out there twice as fast for videos and had similar game performance I may think differently. I don't ever see single thread speed going away COMPLETELY because that would make no logical sense. Single thread speed for games, even 2017 games, seems to still matter more than cores. Not every game but most. At this point I don't think AMD will beat Intel in single thread so I will probably be with Intel until MOST (not just 1 or 2) games I play run better on AMD.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  10. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    Hmmm My 5820k at 4.5GHz on all 6 cores scores a 1349. So if this 8700K is at stock clocks, which is a safe assumption, it would be at 4.3GHz on all 6 cores. Point being, my nearly 3 year old 5820k beats it overall and if you do the math it beats it clock for clock too because 4.3 to 4.5 GHz is a 4.65% increase and a score of 1230 to 1349 is a 9.67% increase. It can't be right but that would infer that Haswell-E has >= IPC than Coffee Lake. Not very compelling... The question is though, how does it clock?

Elder III likes this.

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Being on the same CPU, I've personally have been itching for a 6-8 core CPU with i7 7700K gaming performance. When Ryzen wasn't that, I'm now turning the Coffee Lake.

I still have hopes for this CPU even after this article. Matching the 1600 in multi, while beating the 7700k in single, I would take that. Trouble is, games are a slight mixture of both. Naturally leaning on the single core side more, but it's impossible to know how single core boosting is going to effect games when likely 2-4 cores start being hit.
    Then again, Intel CPU's typically will EASILY OC to the full boost clock on all cores, and typically past that.
    Until a full review is done, I'm still on the bench.

12. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    airbud7 likes this.
  13. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I have been looking to replace my 4770k with a new cpu for ST performance, for older games and cpu bound games. However, ST is barely improving after each generation.

with my CPU @ 4.2ghz, it looks like I get more or less ~20% performance increase at best.

I guess in 10 years I will replace my cpu.

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  15. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Lol, I wouldn't be surprised if the 4770K were to be faster than console CPUs in 2027

Silva and airbud7 like this.

16. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Yeah, I'm in agreement with you on that. This looks like it might be a worthwhile upgrade for those on quad cores that have the $$$ for a new platform, but if you have your CPU already it would mostly be a waste of money imo. I too am interested in how it will OC, but a bit concerned with how hot it will get considering their Colgate tim used. :p

airbud7 likes this.
  17. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    The individual products arent all that important, it's all about flooding the market.

18. Matty-33

Matty-33 Guest

GPU:
    Wow. At this rate, my i7 4790k should be good to go until 2030. I really had anticipated wanting an upgrade by this year.

Well, it saves me a lot of money... although I am disappointed the new CPU versions don't give a compelling reason to upgrade (I don't need 8 cores)

19. krakenxt

krakenxt Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    The score was already reported as wrong. Not sure why people are acting like it's an accurate representation of the 8700k.

20. gangsta

gangsta Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    I'll wait to see how the ACTUAL benchmarks turn out. I'm not as impressed with Ryzen as the rest of the AMD diehards on this site are. Who really cares at the end of the day? The extra hundred or so bucks I may spend on an Intel CPU is nothing when it will last me for 5 or more years. I'd rather know that there are no games that will potentially perform worse and just get the better gaming processor for my 144Hz monitor. I'll probably wait to hear more about the upcoming Zen refresh, but I'm not expecting miracles. I will only support the company that has the best performance for my use case and that has never been AMD. I wish they would prove me wrong, but I don't think they have the resources or chops to make it happen.