Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Mrlu

Mrlu Guest

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    Yep, I just wanna to know what they actually do, thanks
    1. I'm waiting for the new animations :/
    2. About the E3 that's great :D
    3. How are you going with the bullet trails?

2. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    Im not really the author of Bullet trails , i found the method but i didn't work on them much

3. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    So I did some messing around with KAOS's Revival mod today since it had the sprint animation that Aiden used to have when he held a one handed-weapon. I think I realized the reason it loops incorrectly when turning. It loops correctly when running straight forward, but when you turn for too long, Aiden appears to teleport a bit. If you watch the PS4 reveal demo, when he turns the corner through the back of the pharmacy, you can see he turns really widely. My theory is that he was originally planned to turn widely like that. If you run in circles with the sprint animation, Aiden appears to move from the inside to the outside then loop back when he turns. My theory is that is tied to how tightly you input for him to turn. So, currently, when you turn the input engine takes it and tells it to display the animation for a wider turn than is actually taking place. If we could somehow mod the way the game determines which animation to play, like for how tight the turn is, we might be able to fix the animation and making running a lot more like it was in the E3 and PS4 Reveal demos.

4. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Move.bin ^ i think , AFAIK ModAiC found the "slick turning" animations but they were broken AF

5. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    The animations in Revival or whatever mod you're using that has them is fine, it's a matter of finding what files tell the game which animation to apply to what action. Also, I meant to say that Aiden drifts from outside to inside, and he's a bit more forward at the end than he was at the beginning. My guess is that they added tighter cornering, but didn't have cornering animations that would suit them. So, when you use the vanilla settings with the E3/Relaunch animations, it displays an animation for cornering that's meant for a wider turn than you're making, thus the looping error. Can you edit stuff in move with the entity library thing? If so, I might try messing with that sometime soon.

6. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Yes , thats exactly what im talking about (its related to the move.bin stuff to make it loop correctly and other crap) , and entitylibrary has 0 things about animations

7. Mrlu

Mrlu Guest

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    Slick how can I put the same environment inside the buildings or undergrounds or tunnels?
    I mean the same bloom and fog, cause I dont like when I go inside a tunnel and the exterior is like no bloom or fog or nothing...it seems bad for me, help me, I know are some lines of the windy city xml but not which ones :(

8. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
  9. TrumpetPro

TrumpetPro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Another question about datablocks: Will Watch Dogs automatically load the .dat file, or do I have to export the model again with ZModeler? And how do you load models in ZModeler that give the error "Failed to load high-detail geometry file"?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  10. TrumpetPro

TrumpetPro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    I was just experimenting, and it appears the coat moves far better when capped at 30fps. Does anybody know how to stop the physics from running at double speed when above 30?

11. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    You need to export , and you need the xbgmip , and you need to add one more lod level which I explained in my zmodeler tutorial
    And everyone knows about the 30fps physics , it's not possible to do this , it works even better with 1-2 fps

12. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    The turning was also broken during the 2013 build. Watch the 14 min demo and look closely when he runs out of the gunshop :)

13. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Yeah, I noticed that the other day too. That was after the E3 2013 build so I assume that was after they added tighter turning radius, if they did that.

14. TrumpetPro

TrumpetPro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Removed;
    Did nothing, I was being a moron.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  15. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    o_O i need to test , if you made it better then from my understanding the Engine is overloaded and the limits need to be raised

16. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
  17. TrumpetPro

TrumpetPro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    That is basically what I did (-: I just raised fNormalLoadPhysicsTimeMilliSeconds="5.0" and fHeavyLoadPhysicsTimeMilliSeconds="7.0" by 10 until I got a good result (-:

18. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    I didn't see any huge difference , tried changing the values myself and nothing , feels the same as before

19. TrumpetPro

TrumpetPro Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    If it helps, I set it to near-500. The coat, again, still clings to his legs, but it should move smoother. Also, I'm using char01_torso from Revival 1.1.

A sidequestion: Have you figured out how to stop the coat from hanging down, or clinging to his legs?

20. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    No difference , and no