Download: AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Newbie2012, Aug 24, 2017.

1. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    do you have amd stocks? why so angry about, i have my old 780gtx that runs well, and for my work is way better on the mercury engine in premiere, i wanted to try freesync but amd does not deliver. dont be mad, maybe they come up with better drivers, but for me its a deal breaker

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    i dont have amd stocks no, and im not mad...but i see that phrase from some people, and i dont like it at all.

AMD drivers are not the only factor that problems come from the system.

Anyway, never had problems with my 380.

3. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    good for you, as for me i have this problem

so yeah back to green until they fix their attitude with drivers, ffs polaris isent that old to forget about the foundations they so much claim to offer.
    the ¨factor or what ever you want to call it is in that video¨ i can reproduce.

my monitor is a samsung cfg70. so yeah Amd drivers are a mess, Vega is a mess, and fanboys are the worst.

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    but nvidia is GREAT SUPER DUPER WOW. yea whatever.

5. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    delete double post

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

This is what I get for updating my graphics driver?

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Actually, you are incorrect about the info from that video. The video shows that there is flickering going on with the Vega56 card, but that the flicker is currently not being picked up by the human eye. That is not the same as saying there is no flicker. It could become visible depending on panel, or other variables.

I think the Samsung CF series just has a design flaw in implementation, since you don't hear about this issue with other FreeSync makers, or even other Samsung series. I have no such issue on my Samsung UE510. If possible, I would return the Samsung CFG70, and replace it with a different model.

8. s0x

s0x Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    That test was conducted with the previous driver, not this 17.8.2 nor 17.8.1.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Does the problem only show under Vulkan?

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    In both OpenGL 4.5 and Vulkan.

11. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    CRU works again for overclocking monitors.. Custom Resolution in the drivers is now broken for me.. Before I had to set it to CVT - reduced blinking and I could change my refresh rate to 75 hz.. Now it puts it into some manual mode when you adjust the refresh rate, but it doesn't work. But CRU does again.

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I tried to play a bit of Far Cry Primal with these drivers, I seem to get less than half the framerate I was getting before. I'm starting to get seriously sick of that crap every time.

13. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Everything fine here, both r9 280x and 390x.

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Same here R9 380.

15. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    this is the reason why im posting here, the claim that issues with samsung monitors are fixed, are not accurate, as with the new driver 17.8.2 and 17.8.1, i still have the brightness flicker problem.

16. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    if it where the monitor, why would amd address this issue at driver level? and claim to be fixed in 17.8.2 and 17.8.1? shouldn't Samsung update a firmware?
    cant return it mate, here in Ecuador the policy are pre historic in retail sales. Plus i love the 100% srgb that i need for my work in video and picture editing, so i just rather swap (witch i did) the rx to the 780ti.

ps: i will just have to set my mind that i bought a 144hz monitor with 100% srgb, with no freesync. Its hard, but il live hahaha. The money spent is what bothers me, and i wont rely on amd video division for a loooooooooong time.

My kid is happy with his rx upgrade for his 60hz monitor thoe for that is worth.

17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

18. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    I would have to drop back to 17.7.1 driver just to play Overwatch but then i loose Radeon Chill and display settings of which im using saturation because my TN is black&white almost

19. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    So far these drivers are good for VEGA.

20. s0x

s0x Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    Can't recall if here on Guru3D or over on Reddit but someone changed their displayport cable from 2m to 80cm and fixed issues with the flickering on this driver.
    Just throwing this out there.