liquid submerged der8aeur Aqua exhalaer

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by kegastaMmer, Aug 23, 2017.

1. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    What do you think is going to corrode?

Solder won't corrode, nor will gold contacts/traces. Copper is also pretty much immune to corrosion as well.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah saw that too today, reminded me of the old days when people were putting their rigs into aquariums filled with oil :D

I wouldn't worry about corrosion with this thing though. I am fairly sure they wouldn't introduce a coolant that corrodes any of the materials they put it on / submerge the hardware in.

The question I have, since that coolant dissipates at ~62°C, what happens if your CPU / GPU go above that? Does it really cool that well?
    I'd love to see Hilbert review that thing though (I know, probably not going to happen, but still Hilbert, please ask them :D)

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    At first I didn't see that the GPU was on the backside... really cool stuff and no dust to clean out anymore! :eek:

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmm now I'm wondering if you have to change the coolant at some point, and if so, if it's every year? Two years? Never?
    How does it work with hardware changes, do you have to take the coolant out and let it dry before you can do anything, making changing the rig a matter of days rather than hours? (I always was wondering about that with oil cooled rigs.)

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I have no idea, but I imagine you'd have to do something like that. I never actually seen anybody have such a setup at home. But since I mentioned dust, I do think this particular water like coolant could get "dirty" over time, unless the case is 100% sealed.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You just have to change the mineral oil out to make sure it stays clean, seen a couple of these builds in the past. Pretty cool stuff.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    i think i saw the build on some online store at 9999 EURO. Damn my kidneys