Samsung 24 Inch CFG70 vs rx470&Freesync

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by xodius80, Aug 23, 2017.

1. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    hey guys I've seen a lot of drama because this monitor has heavy flickering issues with freesync(with polaris and older cards) , and having bought it for my rx470 i can say its true, any eta on driver or firmware that reverts to a normal operation with freesync enabled?

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try 17.8.1 WHQL

==
    Fixed Issues
    • Some protected content applications may experience an HDCP error code while playing Blu-ray content.
    • A limited number of HDR enabled TV's may experience intermittent HDMI signal loss.
    • Grand Theft Auto V may experience an intermittent application crash.
    • With Enhanced Sync enabled Video playback on desktop or YouTube playback in Google Chrome may cause tearing choppy playback.
    • Forza Horizon 3 may experience long or extended load times.
    • FreeSync displays may experience stuttering when watching fullscreen video content.
    • FreeSync brightness or flickering issues have been resolved on a small amount of Samsung FreeSync enabled displays that may have been experiencing issues.
    • Tekken™ 7 may experience a crash (Chapter 13) on some Radeon RX 380 Series graphics products.

xodius80 likes this.
  3. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Hey man, how are you?, yes im on 17.8.1, and i can reproduce:

=( i guess i have to wait for another driver update. the brightness strobing is just a deal breaker to have freesync enabled.
    • FreeSync displays may experience stuttering when watching fullscreen video content.
    • FreeSync brightness or flickering issues have been resolved on a small amount of Samsung FreeSync enabled displays that may have been experiencing issues.
    • and on the amd windmill demo.

4. DrunkenDonkey

DrunkenDonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    I read somewhere that no driver can help, this is VA panel thingy and happens with nvidia/gsync models too. VA is generally slow and in order to make response faster they use overdrive, but it has different settings depending on the refresh rate. So variable refresh rate tech triggers the different settings and it is visible as flickering.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Great, THX
    Sometimes we need to wait (unfortunatellY) :oops:

Try to use FS in games that don't brake visual....
    and wait until they fix this unoying pesky problem :)

Also you try and install CCC from 15.11 ->
    https://mega.nz/#!IBdHFYxS!9UCzEQZtvVV_yo26OIbNYQJ3Myf-bY-9eVsEnLAResI

Install only CCC -> they look into Settings there :cool:
    I have this installed with 17.8.1 so it will work NP

xodius80 likes this.
  6. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Hello, with this particular model your information is not correct, There is evidence that Vega does not have the issues, yet Polaris does. Id like to share you the video

So yes its seems its a driver issue or a polaris hardware fault. lets just hope is a driver issue.

7. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Thank you, i will just turn off FS until further notice, lets hope its a driver issue with this fairly new panel, i miss my aoc 2640pf worked like a charm, BUT yes this monitor does offer better colors.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try FS with CCC from 15.11
    Maby it will work :p tweak Moar

xodius80 likes this.
  9. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    i would my friend but i have tons of work. and at night i rather play video games.