The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    vga plays fifa 17 at 4k and farcry primal at 1440p no problem, some other games at 4k aswell, a beast of a card

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Good God , i put up for sale my GTX 1070 today for $349 US Dollars and not even 5 minutes later i sold the video card :eek: . If you guys want to make a quick buck , the GTX 1070 are selling at an average of $500US Dollars on ebay and slightly less at the forums from $349US to $450US :eek2: , . Newegg it's price gouging big time on the GTX 1070. Have you guys seen this $997.77US Dollars GTX 1070 lol at newegg in pictures below. This mining thing is craaazyyy ... people mining are buying this video cards like there's no tomorrow.

[​IMG]

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Sold a GTX1070 a couple weeks ago for 400US. Took maybe 10mins to sell.The guy was a miner and he was buying every GTX1070 he could find.

4. krugern

krugern Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 SLI
    Aye, I am buying 1070's myself. A total of 13 now.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    13 GTX 1070 not bad at all,are they hard to find in Norway cheap or the prices veryhigh.Do you have to look in other places like Denmark for them.

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I don´t know if this is the correct place to post this but i´m having a serious problem. Every time i play some demanding game, like Witcher 3, Doom or Deus EX, the games crash to the desktop or the system crashes entirely. I´m using a recent Windows install, I´ve tried installing different drivers, i´ve used GPU tests and another stuff i googled but nothing works!!!
    I´m starting to think that maybe my 1070 is broken but i don´t know how i can be sure...

I can really use some advice/help because i don´t know what to do right now except returning the card...

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Is your card/system overclocked? Does this only happen recently and was fine before? Also, install Afterburner and check the temps you are getting with the demanding titles.

8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    My CPU is overclocked to 5,0 Ghz but the card is at stock settings. Before this didn´t happen but i also didn´t play this type of games because i was saving them for when i had my new monitor...
    I already used MSI Kombuster to test the GPU and the temps don´t go over 65 degrees.

Maybe i can try do add some voltage to the CPU although it already passed stress tests.

9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    try dropping that 5ghz overclock to 4.5 or even stock

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah this might be it, I often found "rock solid" OCs to be not so solid with certain games. Happened with CPU and GPU OCs.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well i had already thought about that possibility but this afternoon i stress tested the CPU again with CPU-Z and had convinced myself that the CPU OC wasn´t the problem.
    I´m gonna try to reduce the clocks or add more voltage to the CPU to see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the quick help guys!

12. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi H83

Try lower OC on CPU as first as guys suggested to you already

Stress testing with CPU-Z not sure if I would use that or say this is good stress testing SW, you want to use Asus Realbench or Prime95 or OCCT 4.4.2, don't use 4.5.0 this will put lots of heat which you will never see in any application

CPU-Z stress test is not good enough as for stress testing, try above these SW and you will see if you are will be stable

I have saw in my case,in Mass Effect Andromeda I needed add bit more vCore around 0.050v to 1.315v but strangely in other games like is Deus Ex Mankind Divided and few others I can run easy 1.30v

Same can apply for other rendering SW which I use, in Corona or in C4D renderers I'm easy using 1.295v or 1.30v as max but in Poser FireFly I need push vCore to 1.325v

Due this I would recommend try other SW which will put lots of stress on CPU because CPU-Z will never put such amount of stress on CPU like others, just have opened monitoring SW like HWiNFO and check temperatures and compare this to other SW

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I just checked prices for the GTX 1070 and they go for around $460-480 bucks depending on the manufacturer and thats on Newegg. Which is $15 bucks more than what I paid for my card @ $480 for the EVGA FTW edition version of the GTX 1070.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i went to best buy last week, and they had 1070 PNY for 430 usd

15. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Have you tried swapping your monitor first to see if the problem is really coming from the card? We have a Zotac 1070 mini with Micron memory and is working just fine even in overclocking.

16. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    There's a vidcard BIOS update that somewhat increases the memory voltage for cards w/ Micron memory.

As always there are risks when updating the BIOS so be sure first that it's actually the Micron memory at fault here and not some other component in your rig.

+700 oc of the memory is actually already in the upper limit. Maybe you should back it down to about+500 to +600 which is a safer range.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  17. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Just got mine for my new rig. Exactly 3 years after I bought my 970. Better late than never, I suppose.

18. khrl06

khrl06 Guest

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Should be normal for a mini. They had to downsize the cooling parts to make it a mini. So... smaller heatsink, smaller fans, but same GPU core and same TDP = higher temps.

20. khrl06

khrl06 Guest

just received the card 2 days ago. Still testing and fan at 100% down the temp to 81c.

Guess I'll just limit the FPS or try to change thermal paste. But, i'm not sure it will void the warranty.

Btw. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.