The Crew 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, May 16, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No info or screenshots yet. only a forum post by the community manager.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1666140

Im looking forward to it. I had awesome fun with the crew 1 (dispite the stuttering on PC).
    So lets hope for a better port this time!

=EDIT= E3 trailer

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Singleton99 likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im still playing the Crew this days. I got it for free and i really liked it. Im hoping second one will be even better.

My Lambo maxed out.

[​IMG]

signex and Singleton99 like this.
  3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I payed the first one when Ubi gave it away for free as this isn't the normally the type of game i tend to play, but was really surprised on how much i enjoyed it ,so much so i even ended up buying a Logitech wheel pedals and stick ,so i'm really looking forwards to this release .

Looks like im going to need to dust of my Hotas flight stick to :):cool:

signex likes this.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I have that one too, great car! I haven't played anymore after i finished the story.

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I saw if you play the crew 1, you can unlock 18 vehicles for the crew 2 launch :D

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Hope they don't lock fps to 60 again.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Launch date 16th of March 2018 :)

10. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Just had a email for Closed Alpha starting the13th Dec to 18 Dec, all invites are under NDA rules , so no talkie talkie ,screen shots or videos and so on

11. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Well, no luck for me then.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  13. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Played closed beta a little, I was surprised at the performance, game looks decent and runs fine. Haven't noticed shuttering like in the previous one. Physics seems improved, cars finally have working suspension, but that driving. Handling is terrible. Feels like ridge racer from ps1 era. Kinda wanted to get this one. But after Forza announcement, still undecided.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am surprised no-one is talking about the open beta of this game which started yesterday and runs until 25th, I believe.

I am really enjoying it. It is an iterative sequel in many ways somewhat disappointingly set in the same location but the addition of planes and boats plus the overhaul of the presentation from the first game's somewhat scrappy one and the much improved graphics (close up textures can look bad, however) make it feel like the Need for Speed game that EA have been trying to make for years and failed to do. It is also a lot of fun whether it's just driving around exploring and listening to music, taking parts in the various events or just taking screenshots.

This is Forza Horizon for the multiplatforms. Yes, Forza Horizon 4 is coming to PC later on this year and it will be great but, oh god, we will have to contend with that awful Store again to play it. Uplay at least works!

Decided to pick up the Gold edition of the game. Not ground-breaking in any way but supremely entertaining IMO.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  15. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    According to pcgamingwiki, the game is limited to 60 FPS. Is that the case?

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yes it's capped, I think you can use a higher refresh rate but framerate remains 60 and the game slows down if it falls below this so it'd likely be sped up if you could uncap it.

EDIT: Which thread am in again? Tabbed browsing doing it's thing I suppose.

Now then let's check this one too.

Yep, capped but probably doesn't slow down or anything if it dips.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/760760/discussions/0/1726450077630025218/

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  17. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I will probably skip the game this time. I just can't take that car driving model. Also, no matter how good you drive, AI will rubber band on your ass. Car lights are ****** up for some reason, some cars doesn't have any feedback from when you brake or accelerate, your tail lights are always illuminated the same. And, wait for it, ... , if you like cockpit driving, mirrors doesn't work. Some sort of engine limitation or whatever.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, this game is bloody awful … I tried it for about 20 minutes and uninstalled it.

Why they couldn't just stick to cars I do not know but 'jack of all trades, master of none' comes to mind along with the nauseatingly vapid 'commentary' which goes something like 'you're amazing, do another really cool trick to increase your presence on social media, social media is so awesome, you're AMAZING'.

Seriously, just f*ck off with this crap and give me a good open world driving game.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, it is, just like the first game but surely that isn't a problem?

I mean I have a 165 Hz G-SYNC display but in all honesty I cannot tell the difference between 60 fps and 165 fps when playing a game. Both feel smooth as long as there is no hitching. Now if a game dips to 50 fps then I can tell. 60 fps seems to be the sweet spot and as long as games support that then it really does not bother me if they cannot be set to higher refresh rates/framerates.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, I noticed the headlights looked odd in the cockpit view as if they weren't even on but switching to the default chase view and there they are, actually working! The cars do have mirrors but they are intentionally misty. I like the cockpit view personally but some vehicles are almost unusable in this camera such as boat you control during the intro tutorial which is so narrow that I could not see where I was going!!!

Like the first game, I suspect this game will improve over time with patches.

One oddity with this game is that it has no support for TXAA unlike the first game (maybe it's another just another NVIDIA feature that developers deem to be dead...?) and only supports FXAA. Normally in racing games, this results in jaggies galore on the cars themselves but in this game the visuals are surprising free of aliasing as if there is some kind of temporal AA in play too (perhaps part of the one of the other settings). Game is demanding though as 4K as maxed out I am unable to achieve a locked 60 fps and even at 2560x1440, there are dips below 60 fps during some of the cutscenes (the racing is mostly fine however).