The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It suffers from being a bit simplistic, I haven't played very far into the game myself yet but that's the main impression I get from the Steam forums after reading those for a while.

With a decent discount it could be worth a try, Steam wants straight up 60 Euro though whereas I picked it up for around 34 GBP on Gamesplanet which after a quick conversion comes out as 37 Euro, there's probably cheaper stores too.
    (GMG seems to have it for 36 GBP as a "VIP" deal and then 10% off via a code that expires on August 20th which ends up at around 33 GBP after that.)

EDIT: Steam has a refund system too as long as you ensure the total play time is under the 2 hour limit at least though looking up a gameplay video might work just as well to see what the game offers although the author of said video might try to do commentary or have 1/4th of the screen covered by some face camera. Heh.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    Skyrim SE 4k with a tons of mods

Skyrim SE 4k with a ton of mods.
    [​IMG]

Under Riften
    [​IMG]

More Under Riften
    [​IMG]

Some where near Riften with subtle god rays
    [​IMG]

Some where near Riften
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2017
  3. Cosworth

Cosworth Guest

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia GTX760
  4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No Man's Sky

[​IMG]

The rest of the images. (To not make the post too lengthy, seems the new forum handles scaling better though so with a few less images it might no longer be necessary.)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: Heh, well I'm not going to get used to these forum changes any time soon it seems, I do like the overall changes though but this is going to take some time to get adjusted too. :)
    (Looks like a whole lot of posts went MIA too but eh, probably happens when migrating all the data like this, it'll probably be sorted out soon enough.)

Anyways, not much to say about the game really, flying around and exploring. Ha ha.

EDIT: Now using the full-size images.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    WhiteLightning likes this.

5. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    It's been a while since I've visited here and suddenly the forum looks very different o_O

But hey, the forum auto-resizes images. Yaaaay.

Is there still a width restriction on screenshots?

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Not anymore , will be nice to see some of your awesome screenshots again!

Ive also updated the rules. GUYS , IMAGE SIZE RESTRICTIONS HAVE BEEN SCRAPPED!

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Max Payne 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Serotonin likes this.
  9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Max Payne 3 was such an underrated game. I loved that thing from start to finish. Fantastic game.

rflair likes this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Turbo dx9api - single core drawcalls limits xD

[​IMG]

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Agents of Mayhem

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
  13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No Man's Sky

[​IMG]
    Well that's a big ship. Ha ha!

Rest of images.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

kx11 likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Agents Of Mayhem

[​IMG]

The rest of the images.

EDIT: Need to try and be careful about motion blur and temporal AA ghosting for future screenshots, Ansel probably helps a lot compared to backing into a corner and having the character model being made transparent along with cleaning up artifacts from post-processing effects but I can't make use of that since I'm on a AMD GPU.

Something to try and be more mindful of in the future, games with a lot of post-processing effects and other shaders are prone to having little glitches or artifacts after all. Was a bit too quick on some of these shots.

Trying to vary things a bit too, No Mans' Sky gives a lot of interesting material for screenshots but it does eventually get a bit repetitive focusing on a single game.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  15. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    Skyrim SE in 6k with ENB and 315 mods. INI work done since last post
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

vonSternberg likes this.

16. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Mafia III
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    [​IMG]

mustard sword final form

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Deus Ex - Mankind Divided

[​IMG]

Rest of images.

More backlog clearing, unfortunately it seems Square is content to hold this franchise so who knows if the story will ever be resolved or in what way if they ever do decide to resume work on Deus Ex again.
    (IO got out with Hitman and seem to be making a bit of a recovery, unsure if Eidos and franchises like Deus Ex or Tomb Raider could do the same or if it would help much, they have or at least had a pretty nice list of franchises to their name.)

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've been replaying Mankind Divided myself, I don't get a lot of the hate the game gets. I feel it is just as good as Human Revolution, just with a more focused and contained story. Instead of the big, globe jumping story the previous title had.

But... oh well.

Also, started replaying The Syndicate...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bloom is a bit overkill, but still a good looking and fun game.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I remember the bloom effect, spent some time using the in-game console to see if some command couldn't perhaps reduce the strength a bit but I don't think I found anything.

Starbreeze had it pretty rough during those earlier years I believe, Enclave, Knights of the Temple and The Darkness weren't among the big sellers but had some popularity though Riddick is generally considered a pretty good game and Payday in particular gave the studio a bit of a breakthrough finally.
    (Wonder how much EA interfered with Syndicate and it's direction actually.)

EDIT:
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Breaking into the Palisade bank, though I kinda fumbled it by triggering a alarm with one of the door hacks, oops ha ha.

[​IMG]
    (No idea if this thing has any deeper meaning, got some credit chips from it for some reason.)

[​IMG]
    (The game really, really tries to push the Augmented and not-Augmented friction and divide but it's a bit too lenient with Jensen being able to come and go wherever without consequence, same with picking up pretty much anything so long as it's not a restricted room.)

[​IMG]
    (While the NPC variety isn't the greatest there's still a couple of different variants though expect to see a lot of clones too especially in the more densely populated districts, also the loading times are complete ass ha ha.)

[​IMG]
    (Animations work fairly well but occasionally glitch a bit, takedowns in particular feel a bit stiff or forced but overall it's serviceable, black-screen to change positioning is a bit poor though.)

[​IMG]
    (As usual the main actors and Jensen himself have a lot of detail, hair in particular sees a good improvement over Human Revolution via not-TressFX or PureHair as it's also called.)

[​IMG]
    (The bank itself, pretty surprising you can actually clear most of it out early on aside from mission critical areas.)

[​IMG]
    (Even one of the worlds most secure bank isn't immune to Deus Ex and vents being man-sized and traversal friendly, even in Deus Ex 1 it felt a bit silly but was acceptable as a means of stealth but yeah, no security means what so ever in these ha ha.)

[​IMG]
    (The lower level vaults, hacking these was a pain even if only a few actually had stuff in them or were locked at all, hacking sees a few additions over Human Revolution and more item types for circumventing them but get ready to trip alarms more often than not.)

[​IMG]
    (More super-size vents for easy traversal, feels a bit like droid maintenance shafts or something from a campy sci-fi but it's not like Deus Ex is the only game to over-size vents as a means of traversal, or sewers, or both. Ha ha. )

[​IMG]
    (Fooling around with the civilians, just remember to save and load if you do happen to knock out someone who might have actually had a name, sometimes mission critical actors don't even have name identifiers so best to be careful if you don't want to risk side quest snags later on.)

(Kinda pointless to knock out civilians as it just wastes resources and they generally carry nothing, you won't really want for ammo or supplies even so though as it's abundant and spread out just about everywhere with tons of little things to search or discover by just exploring a little bit, inventory space on the other hand remains limited.)

Game runs pretty well most of the time, still some frame drops here and there as you traverse the Prague district and data is streamed in and out and once VRAM runs low you'll see more frequent dips and stutters which can hamper things a bit.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.