Radeon RX Vega Graphics cards out of stock or a 100 bucks more expensive

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    What's all this about? I just checked our expensive shops.
    Vega 64 with liquid cooling costs same as GTX 1080 on air.
    Vega 64 on air costs quite less.

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Rumor or not the fact is MSRP prices of first batch (that run out in minutes) are over and current prices are crazy high in relation to performance and competition.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am beginning to wonder if behind the scenes price fixing is going on here between these two, where is the competition, they seem to be acting like one company prices wise, does AMD have shares in Nvida. lol

I want a 1080ti and i want it for £99, ;)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Cheapest V64 air cooling I see currently is 639€, cheapest 1080 is 507. Might be due to availability that the prices are high, but honestly, at this point, no use in buying a V64 if you have a 1080p monitor with neither Freesync nor Gsync.

6. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    On newegg all vega 64 standalone cards are at the moment listed as $599 and out of stock. Maybe it is due to availability . All we need is a clarification from amd.

7. MorganX

MorganX Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    Supply & Demand

Limited supply, high demand (even if from Miners). It's going toe to toe with the 1080 and on some things, few, but some 1080 ti. Drivers are clearly beta as even the beast Vega 56 is inconsistent, so things will only get better. I hear some features are still disabled due to drivers.

I know I want a Vega 56 for $399 to upgrade my 1070. It's just not available. Also, I think the whole Vega family will have a short shelf life. Probably a major revision for New Year's reducing power consumption and adding a tad more performance.

Not too bad considering no one else in the world can come close to NVIDIA, or AMD for that matter.

They're stretched pretty thin but considering they've changed the CPU landscape and are not competing at the 1080+ level, though clearly rough around the edges, I'd say it's been a great year for AMD and things will only get much better in 2018. I've waited with a 1070 this long, and really don't actually need to upgrade, I can wait a little longer for a Vega 56 which so far based on reviews is exceeding my expectations. 300W should be a concern for anyone with an ATX case. Not going to work for my 600W SFX PSU in ITX, but Vega 56 will be fine.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's all nice. But responsible parties are:
    - Shops inflating price
    - People paying this inflated price

Looking around:
    - people claim that AMD released Vega half year later than they should have. Some even year too late
    - Yet people have no patience to wait 1 or 2 more weeks?

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    linkie please :)

10. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    you quoted the clickbait site who cited the guy i referenced as his only source...who himself cited...nobody. just like the eth hashrate thing. please read wat i wrote - when i say something, its because its significant. i dont just talk to hear my own voice

newegg "raised" prices on their 480 listings when they went out of stock. when they came back in stock, the prices were back to normal. i hope they are doing the same thing, as opposed to price hikes - but if they are, its on them. im not going to harp on this anymore, but unless somebody cites something directly from AMD...this is fluff.

11. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Do you not realize that Vega is sold out everywhere? Prices naturally rise for any product in high demand (Vega is nothing special in this regard). The question to ask is why there is such high demand for this product, not why prices are so high.

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Looking for responsible(s)?

AMD just released a specific miners driver for AMD gaming GPUs instead of selling specific hardware for miners WITHOUT gaming use:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=416321

"Patience"?

AMD should trademark that word along "next week" motto.

1 or 2 weeks?Really? ROFL :D

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    AMD teaser.

LOL

14. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    Don't get me wrong i am no anti-AMD. I wanted Vega to be a success. My plan for the last few months was to sell my 1070 (while i can still get a descent amount for it) and get a vega 64. I have recently just switched to ryzen. And it is nothing short of amazing. And my plan was to go full amd this time ( rebuilt my whole pc in the last 2-3 weeks) right untill i saw reviews and now prices going up.
    But looking at all the sites i tend to believe the quotes i linked.

15. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That driver fixes a major bug with the mining performance of AMD cards (performance degradation over time, which was a major concern for miners, and which did not happen with Nvidia cards). Also, OEMs sell specific hardware for miners (AMD does not directly sell hardware).

You seem to have a remarkably short memory. GPU shortages were an issue with Nvidia cards as well, with shortages of the GTX 1080 lasting for weeks (if not months).

16. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    This is good for nobody, because when there is no availability , there is nothing to sell, or buy. The delivery of AMD graphics cards depends only on AMD and even "if" the prices normalize after some time , still the fact is that this is a bad launch of AMD RX Vega, unfortunately.
    Have a nice afternoon.

17. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    I can wait no problem.

I don't think I can recall any hardware launch where the hardware wasn't massively overpriced in the first several months after launch. Doesn't matter if it was AMD, nVidia or Intel. A lot of hardware never actually hits the price it's intended to sit at here anyway. Then aftermarket versions come out and are priced even higher again, driving prices further up. Price might go down behind the scenes, but the stores keep it up, no doubt.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    There is a key difference in 1080 (and 1070) case:

There was not AMD competing product.

ANY Nvidia price was better than non existent AMD competing products for possible 1080 (and 1070) buyers, same applied and still applies for 1080ti.

19. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    That because there end up on ebay.
    I hope this back fire on them I really hate those kind of people that are only in it to make quick buck

20. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    im just telling you that all the sites youre reading the articles regarding this rumor from...their source is straight from gibbo via OCUK...an employee of an etailer, who is on record lying. hes hardly reputable. thats all.