Hunt: Showdown

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 5, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Like the look of that

"If you move to far away from your partner they can no longer hear your voice"
    Should make it pretty interesting

3. DaRealGuru

DaRealGuru Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 4GB
    This should be pretty interesting, I hope it can live up to at least some of the potential. For some reason this has the feel of an indie game that is stuck in development to me.

4. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    The anti-aliasing is horrible in this game. I had to use 2k DSR(1080p) and 60% sharpening just to get this game to look right. Otherwise the game looks like ass without those two things.

Unfortunately the game now dips to 50fps and sometimes into the the 40's. My GTX 1080 has done a good job. An RTX 3070 should do it.

5. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I agree that the game’s AA could be better — it is SMAA 2TX so it’s not as bad as many older games (and they improved it from early access where there was noticeable ghosting on scopes), but even at native 1440p, there are a lot of visible jaggies and the image just doesn’t look “sharp” to my eye (I play at native 1440p + max settings).

DSR in the control panel does help with this though it comes with a hefty perf cost.

To clarify I do think the game mostly looks really great, but it’s a shame Crytek still haven’t moved their tech stack off of DX11 and it kinda feels like their engine is still stuck in the Crysis 3 era (which in fairness was a staggeringly good looking game for its time and well multithreaded to boot considering it's a DX11 game).

I toyed around with forcing sharpening externally, but I didn’t like how it made the UI elements look and it made aliasing more noticeably. I also experimented with FXAA forced externally or combined with the in game AA and then combined that with sharpening, but in the end I gave up lol. DSR was the only way I found to meaningfully improve the image quality without getting artifacts that I’d notice VS stock.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  6. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I absolutely love this game, i’m glad the devs are still working on it :)

Best multiplayer FPS I’ve played in years I think though I wish they’d implement modern TAA (their SMAA 2tx implementation isn’t the best in my experience though it’s certainly better than the AA solutions in games like Overwatch), maybe give us an adjustable CAS sharpen in game (so as to avoid the artifacts that often come with sharpening externally), then move the game off of DX11 and onto Vulkan/DX12 if it would achieve better CPU scaling. Would also be cool if the resolution slider could go above 100% so we didn't have to use DSR I think (lots of other games do this like Overwatch or BFV for example).

They put DLSS into the Crysis Remaster so it would be amazing if they put it into Hunt. Especially since it’s a competitive game so performance really matters (and their AA solution doesn’t seem to be the best whereas my experience with modern DLSS is that the AA is very good).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Susahamat likes this.
  7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I also love this game. I play it everyday. I am really busy these days, so this is the perfect game for me if I want to jump in quickly for an hour or less. Sure games and draaaag on, but with the right team it can go pretty smooth.

The only thing that REALLY annoys me is people who don't revive and run away. Absolutely drives me nuts, sure the game can be a gamble if you have a really expensive load out and not much money, but still. Take a freaking chance to revive your buddy if you know you have a chance to do it.

Quite a few Chinese hackers on it as well. Blatant hacking. Hope this doesn't turn into another PUBG where the Chinese players flooded the US servers and just screwed everything up for everyone.

BlindBison likes this.