Core i3 8300 with Four Cores and Eight Threads Spotted

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    if this comes on the price of 7300 ~ 140 usd this would be a great gaming cpu ! especially to non overclockers

3. Chechar51

Chechar51 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Finally, upgrading is gonna worth now

4. mnemo05

mnemo05 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 980Ti AMP! OC
    if this is true, it will be a big FU by intel to all i7 6700 and up customers.. it sure is nice though if it is true

5. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Look what Ryzen do to market.
    6 months after premiere of Ryzen, i7 (Haswell, SL, KL) will be at i3 performance level. It is 2 tier reduction in single CPU generation

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  6. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    new 4 core processor, new motherboard?

7. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    We know that Coffe Lake will require to work new motherboard with 300 series chipset.
    If someone have Pentium or i3/5 processor from last 3 generations(Haswell and up) and want to upgrade to Quad core CPU, from pure perf/$ side it is not CPU for him. Person like that should buy old generation i7. We should expect that old(quad core) i7s price will go down after CL premiere. also used CPUs will flood market.

Also owners of (haswell and newer) i7s probably also should not upgrade and buy new six core i5/7. Purely for gaming upgrading will not give huge performance gains, especially comparing with CPU like 6700k, 7700k.

Another question is upgrade path. 1051 will be used 3rd time. Next year we will have Coffe Lake successor and i personally think we will have not only new chipset but also new socket.

I will skip this generation and maybe next one also, so far my 4790k is strong enough. I should be ok for next 2 years. And then we will have Ryzen 2 and Icelake

8. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    So they should not release new products because people that bought the old ones years ago will be annoyed? What kind of logic is this? Can't make the new CPU too fast, or the old customers will be upset!

9. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Personally this actually might be the first new chipset that i wouldn't mind having a new series of motherboards and it actually feel like its worth it.

AMD has really shook the bee hive with their CPUs, who would have thought an i3 4/8 core/thread would ever exist XD feel a little bad for kaby lake owners, but someone like me who has a sandybridge still, these upgrades are going to be great, and a decent price

10. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Fake.

This comes straight out of the blue, no rumors, no nothing...

11. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Knowing $hintel, more like $179.

If you don't count the company that innovated and made this happen yes, finally (since March) it's worth it.

I don't see why. i5 will be 6 cores and i7 probably 8, they're updating the lineup.
    This i3 will probably be expensive with 8 threads.

Now people realise they've been sandbagging the market for 6 years.

Didn't think about this, but as you mention it...having an i3 with the specs of an i7 is strange.

I was heavily against W10 but my computer is running W10 Enterprise LTSB right now and have no complains at the moment.

12. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i am still on 3770k i do not see why motherboards have to cost 250 this is a non k chip most likely you will be able to get an Hxxx chipset and be tottaly fine and yes updating from a 2600 or newer i7 will not make much sense but people that need to buy a new pc for gaming this can be a killer deal and the price i just assumed will cost as much the 7300 costs i have no idea what the final price will be so i assume it will be around the same price

there is a chance they will add few clicks to the price but depends when those will land if they land close to zen2 release ... i do not see em keeping this price for a while although we have to wait and see there is no announcement about a price at all ....on the other hand this might force the ryzen cpus to lower their prices 1400x and 1500 x on 140 and bellow will be also amassing deals ! oh the joys of competition ! yes yes intel and amd rip each other throat out and give me cheaper cpus yeS !!! :banana::banana:

13. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Hopefully this is true, bought time i3 dual cores died!

14. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    If so, only because they had to.

15. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Not excatlly new news, in just one year we have a revolution:
    i7 was 4/8 now 6/12
    i5 was 4/4 now 6/6
    i3 was 2/2 and 2/4 now 4/4 and 4/8
    Pentium will be the only dual core left

16. RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel Guest

GPU:
    Intel Iris 6100
    Second hand value of Intel CPUs will be getting nuked! AMD too, not that there's too many of those haha. Personally I think an 4c8t i3 is too soon though, and that this is actually fake...

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That price is reasonable cheapest 4:8 ryzen is $165. This chip would likely match the 1500x in general tasks and have the edge in FHD gaming.

Doubt we will see 8:16 in mainstream from Intel this gen.
    There will likely be no K sku i3 this time though as that would cannibalize i5 sales. (again assuming this leak is true)

No one said they weren't sandbagging. Wish AMD had launched Ryzen back in place of sh*tdozer.

Will likely have a lot less cache than 6700 and 7700.

18. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I for ones can't see how this is true. If it was called an i5 then yes, but i3... No chance. Going forward I can see Intel doing i3 with 4 cores straight and i5 4 cores with HT.

19. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I believe it is fake too, need a cpu-z screenshot to confirm.
    I can have any cpu i want right now with a simple registry tweak.

Just go to in registry and change down below the "ProcessorNameString"= to any cpu you want or come up with,
    as long as you don't change the speed ghz number.
    Only the cores, threads and ghz displayed won't change.

if anyone wants to try it out got to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0]
    "ProcessorNameString"=" here type anything you can imagine"

and then check your specs (don't worry upon reboot windows will automatically revert to your original reg state).

20. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^^ It could be fake yeah, I mean it does seem a little weird that an i3 can have more threads than an i5

i3 4c8t
    i5 6c6t
    i7 6c12t