Radeon RX Vega Photos From AMD LA Event

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Ok, so are we still going through this blind-test thing, or are they giving some solid numbers for comparison now?

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    LOL @ AMD and their secret squirrel till the bitter end method. You'd think they'd take the wrappers off by now if they had confidence in their product.

4. poornaprakash

poornaprakash Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/Nvidia
    Vega which is rumored to be barely faster than 1.5 year old GTX 1080 consuming 300+watts not going to win any market.

5. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Been waiting a very long time, Still no release yet, Taking alot longer then I originally expected.

Got alot of hopes for vega but sure is taking a very long time to put reviews up(talking about it in general about the card itself), Hmb2, I believe is what holding the card release back a bit, if it was like gddr5x, It would have been released, I believe, long time ago, What other reason is holding this darn thing back, holy moly, shakes head.

Very eagerly waiting reviews on this bad boy, Hopefully It will live to the hype, On par with the 108ti, the top dog vega? ergh, probably a close one, just got to wait and see, can't wait for full review.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  6. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    well! i can't say if Vega will be faster than 1080 or slower than 1080Ti but Man! look at that design! AMD seriously take the design crown on this one!

7. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I have so much respect for Hilbert Hagedoorn. he want to share us Data of RX Vega but he can't due of he under NDA.

Lucky someone in the Press leak info about AMD Radeon RX Vega is 10% faster then Nvidia GTX 1080 FE using Pre Beta drivers aka Press drivers (17.8.1) drivers

AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 has 4GB HBM2 & will launch in September while RX Vega on Aug 2.

Me, i find it odd but that what my friend said because he buddy's with a person who was in the event AMD was showing.

8. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    I loved AMD because he keep trying to alive competition.But now AMD lack in every department and Technology.I guess everything goes to Money(Blue)and (Green)

9. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    Hmm. Will my rig fit inside Vega ?

:)

10. combatant3219

combatant3219 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
    Really? I think the exact opposite. Fugly looking thing if you ask me. Definitely NOT a thing of beauty!!

The aluminium cover looks like something I've whipped up in my back shed.

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    From the AMD Rumors thread in the AMD section:

Price is not "bad" but not good either since Nvidia can just drop 50 USD and ruin AMDs game. If the GPU are on "par" it will be OK but not the impact we all would have wanted.

12. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Seriously?Are u saying this in manner of Sarcasm? because this is the most crappy design ever.

13. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Like you said Nvidia can do a price drop anytime & AMD will be in trouble once again. AMD CAN"T sell RX Vega for $649 since it's a 1080 level card & $499 is the right price for it since 1080 cost $549. Liquid Cooler for $649 sound right because 1080 Ti cost $699 & it's way faster then RX Vega.

Limited Edition is Factory OC Edition by a few Mhz & using RX Vega FE cooler which cost a little more.

Update:
    [​IMG]

14. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I wonder how much heat those 2x 8 pins are going to put out with that air blower design... I really wished AMD would have made Vega similar to Fury Nano size but perhaps FE editions are the only way to cool it down without a ton of engineering resources thrown at it. Will want to see if AIBs put out better designs.

15. MisterGutsy

MisterGutsy Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 Ti AMP Extreme
    I hear a lot of AMD Fans talking about Intel's anti-competitive tactics and how it hurt AMD CPU sales and amd lost fair amount of market share due to it. Ok for arguement sake lets assume its true but then what about GPU market?
    Did Nvidia also indulged in some anti-competitive practice in gpu market now?
    According to steam hardware survey, AMDs Market share in both CPU and GPU market is ~20%. So let's face it, poor market share is due to AMD failing to deliver performance for the past decade in both sections. Price/performance can only take you so far and not to mention that finding AMD products at MSRP in my country (Asian) is a challenge in itself while intel/nvidia is always abundant and in stock at MSRP. AMD also need to step up their inventory stock in other countries. More then half of world's population lives in Asia.

16. combatant3219

combatant3219 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
  17. MisterGutsy

MisterGutsy Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 Ti AMP Extreme
  18. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    im quite intrigued to hear concrete info tomorrow (well, later today)

that part is a reductive statement with an illogical extension tacked on in order to reach your perspective that you state here as fact. no offense.

poor market share is much more complex: as you mentioned, its due to AMD being subjected to a relentless assault of anticompetitive tactics on multiple fronts for 20+ years. the only time theyve had anything beyond a shoestring budget was in the athlon/a64 days. intel engineers are on record stating their respect for team reds technical capacities. the only reason theyve failed to deliver in the high performance sector is plainly because theyve been repeatedly kneecapped.

whether ATI has been plagued by these same issues is less clear, if only due to less litigation...but one aspect remains the same: their budget is a fraction of nvidias money-burning R&D, & yet they are still only one step behind.

now, im not thrilled at all with ~1080 performance at high wattage a year late to boot. im noones fanboy. im not going to blindly assert things out of bias...but the bizarre hyperbolic notion that AMD/ATI are second-rate with nothing to offer needs to stop circulating in hardware enthusiast circles like ours.

you want the absolute fastest per clock? fine, buy intel. you game @4k or need 144fps at 25x14? buy nvidia then. but be aware of the climate youre contributing to, & dont make these sweeping statements...even accidentally...trashing companies that are actively propping up & advancing a hobby (or to plenty of folks, a career) that we all love.

sorry for the off-topic rant :wanker:

19. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I don't know why they even bother tbh. It's clear as day it's a ****ing fail.

20. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I don't really understand what you're trying to say here but AMD is wining the CPU market for 2017 in my opinion.
    Nvidia is at least 2 years ahead of AMD and it's been an unfair fight because Nvidia budget is huge, thanks to fanboys always buying the overpriced GPU's, so it's natural they're pulling ahead each year. Even so, AMD has tried to keep up and maybe 2017 is a turning point for them.

AMD can't pull 2 rabbits in the same year, they don't have the budget for that. Let's hope the money Ryzen is making will help the company evolve more.

You need money for R&D if you wanna push out good products.
    It is true AMD was and still is hurt by Intel bad business practices. That helped degrade the company and slow down progress.

^^ I agree to what this person said ^^

Why do people always say it's a fail if it doesn't beat the competition?
    The card has plenty of new tech in it and we haven't seen benchmarks yet.
    I believe it won't be much different from a 1080 but at least they didn't quit tracking Nvidia. AMD did an amazing job with Zen, now that they have some more money, let's hope they can innovate with the next GPU.