MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Yeah I did restart it and tried using different fonts, etc. Currently looking through other OpenGL games I can test.

edit:
    Half-Life, Jedi Academy and Unreal Tournament are working properly. Maybe it's just those 2 games or something on my end.:confused:

edit 2:
    Apparently Pyre uses "custom engine written in C#" and OpenGL 4.2 (not quite sure about version)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've seen the same issue in Doom OGL when launching it for the first time after OS reinstall. Also, as I've said earlier, it's 100% reproduceable in DOSBox OpenGLNB renderer.

3. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    I have same issue with the two OGL games Mincraft and StarStable (F2P).
    When alt tabbing out of game to e.g. browser and then switching back it looks like in your screenshot. Only with raster 3D.

Don't know what is it about, changed font to Vector 3D for those two games.

4. Vulkan

Vulkan Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    Why are you using Raster 3D anyway? Imho it's just difficult to read on screen. So I'm using Vector 3D, which is much better. In fact it was the first thing I changed in RTSS. :rpg:

5. Putzo

Putzo Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wut? Are you confusing both 3D modes? Otherwise, makes no sense that Raster3D is "difficult to read" since you can configure your own ttf/otf font for the OSD.

6. Vulkan

Vulkan Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    Oh, I mean Vector 3D. Of course I use different font in Raster 3D. :)

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

The first experimental build with Ryzen CPUs support:

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/Guru3D-MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta14.zip

- Added experimental CPU temperature and CPU clock monitoring for AMD Ryzen CPUs.
    - CPU temperature graph is now displaying data from dedicated package sensor on Intel CPUs instead of maximum core temperature.
    - OSD graph labels can be renamed now.
    - "Monitoring settings" option under "Profile contents" is no longer enabled by default.
    - Improved PCI bus scanner provides support for low-level GPU access for the secondary graphics cards in Crossfire configuration on some (Ryzen) platforms.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  8. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090

Does this also detect new X299 2066 socket cpus frequency ?

cheers

9. Unwinder

Do you see anything like that reflected in the release notes? I don't.

10. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    thank you very much for time you took to answer

it is allways pleasant to engage in a conversation with you

no i dont see it in the release notes to answer your question

once more thanks

cheers

11. Unwinder

No need to troll please.

12. djmorgan

djmorgan Guest

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    Small feedback on RTSS beta 26

-Added experimental CPU temperature and CPU clock monitoring for AMD Ryzen CPUs. don't have AMD
    - CPU temperature graph is now displaying data from dedicated package sensor on Intel CPUs instead of maximum core temperature. i7 950 not working wish it was
    - OSD graph labels can be renamed now. YES
    - "Monitoring settings" option under "Profile contents" is no longer enabled by default. OK
    - Improved PCI bus scanner provides support for low-level GPU access for the secondary graphics cards in Crossfire configuration on some (Ryzen) platforms. Not applicable for me

13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    How does this equal feedback? It looks like nitpicking to me as Ryzen CPU support has been asked about if you've bothered to read the thread. If you have an Intel CPU temperature and frequency monitoring have been included in RTSS for quite some time (maybe not older models, but does unwinder doesn't really have the money or time to test obsolete hardware).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  14. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Best feedback since the dawn of times.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well it is feedback, on that note it's nice to see Ryzen supported in some form. :)

Getting hold of the new Intel CPU's can't be easy either when it comes to extending support for the i9 series and the upcoming CPU's although I guess AMD's "Threadripper" is in a similar position, hopefully MSI can help out a bit with access and hardware when it comes to supporting these models.
    (One thing at a time though.)

And for the sensors I guess it comes down to particular CPU models with the 950 being a bit older isn't it?

EDIT: In general Afterburner 4.4.0 (With Rivatuner 7.0.0) is starting to pick up quite the feature set now. :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017

16. Unwinder

Sadly no, CPU monitoring is not a part of commercical functionality so MSI is not helping with hardware in this functionality area. I add CPU related things on my own and focus on hardware I can access myself. Ryzen support became possible entirely due to Hilbert's innitiative and AMD's wish to help and see their new CPU family supported.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well there's some hope for Threadripper then at least for AMD's side of motherboard and CPU hardware since availability is better but then for Intel well going by the multiple posts from Hilbert in his reviews for their newer CPU and motherboard models well it would appear Intel has some really curious decisions on how they "support" reviewers here in Europe (Everywhere but the US?) so general availability appears to come down to review sites banding together and sharing hardware.

Not sure how long that could actually hold, perhaps with AMD finally upping competition Intel will come around and revert that decision but that remains to be seen. (And up to how much AMD can shake up both on the desktop and server side of things as Intel is still in majority.)

Price wise the i9 series appear to start at around 600 or some dollars for the 7900 so it's not exactly cheap either plus the motherboard for it.

I suppose it's a separate issue though and not part of Afterburner 4.4.0's ongoing development discussion as to avoid derailing the thread by going into speculation and guesswork on what might or might not be. :)

But since it's inclusion in system hardware monitoring and it's functionality well even with Afterburner being primarily focused on GPU support hopefully CPU support can be expanded on over time but it would come down to availability.

18. djmorgan

djmorgan Guest

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    WOW what a response, yes I have a 13 year old computer that I assembled myself and that still is reported in the top 8% at 3D mark, I process images as I am a photographer and play all the major AAA games. :banana:

I have not come up with a reason to build a new box, when I do I'll look at the choices Intel/AMD, right now I can't understand why people are spending money on tech they will more than likely never use to its capacity. :pc1:

So my so called review was to simply show that in terms of MY setup the new beta worked fine. Perhaps you might be capable of writing a review rather than being critical of others! :bang:

Yes, my CPU is old still keeps pace with most out there and AIDA64 is the only app that gives me CPU/Frequency reports rather than single core frequency.

19. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Looks like AMD did something with ADL in the new 17.7.2 drivers at overclocking no longer works with MSI Afterburner v.v

20. Unwinder