Do i have sufficient juice?

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by sina, Dec 14, 2016.

1. sina

sina Guest

GPU:
    RX470 4GB @ 1355
    Hey guys my psu is AcBel iPower 510 (PC7013).I have a phenom ii x6 @ 3.8 @ 1.4V and 3x2 GB DDR 2 800 Mhz kingstone memory and a 120 mm case fan.So if i buy GTX 1060 or RX 470 does my psu have enough juice to feed either of them?
    Thanks for help.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

You should be fine with that power supply unit on any of those 2 graphics card as it will provide sufficient voltage and amperage for the whole system including the vga of your choice , be it RX-470 or GTX-1060. That psu provides 2x 12v rails @ 18amps. each on the PCI-E 6+2pin.

http://www.acbel.com/eng/Product.aspx?id=48&&sd=31&&pid=183

http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_rx_470_strix_gaming_4gb_review,5.html

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1060_gaming_x_3gb_review,7.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No, get rid of that bad power supply.

A Phenom X6 at 1.4v will use near 200 watts alone.

With a 1060 or 470 that leaves nothing left on the 12v side.

Again, you should replace that PSU regardless; It's a very crappy group regulated one with terrible ripple and among other things.

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    X100000 agreed.

5. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Not many PSU's will actually do what they say on the box. And even if they can get there, they are not going to like running at 90-100% for a few hours while you game.

No-one wants to sound elitist here given the PSU's of the members who have replied, but a solid PSU running at 50-60% will last forever so long as it lasts a day. Don't buy another cheap one to go with your nice new kit, you will regret it.

6. sina

sina Guest

GPU:
    RX470 4GB @ 1355
    Thanks all of u for the answer.I bought an Asus rx 470 and a 680w psu.After few hours i had a new problem.One of my memory slots already stoped working thats y i only have 6gb memory.Last night another slot stoped.Damn now i have 4gb single channel memory which uis awefull.Btw i checked my cpu a few pins where bent so i carefully fix them with a credit card and tip of a knife but nothing has changed.I know my platform is weak but i cant affors an i5/i7 platform right now.So my only option is buy a used am3/am3+ ddr3 motherboard but hey is the problem i mean faulty slots comes from my motherboard itsel?Or the faulty bent cpu?Thanks already

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ Reseat everything, could have knocked something while fitting PSU/GPU

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Faulty slots are usually mobo, but can be CPUs fault.

Only one way to test that out.

BTW what 680w power supply did you get

9. sina

sina Guest

GPU:
    RX470 4GB @ 1355
    Its GREEN

10. sina

sina Guest

GPU:
    RX470 4GB @ 1355
    Could be from the ram itself?Cause my modules aint geniue.They r somehow fake kingstone.

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Need exact model number and brand. The colour of it doesn't say anything.

Take a picture of the module.. Never heard of fake ram

12. sina

sina Guest

GPU:
    RX470 4GB @ 1355
    Actually green is a brand of psu google it green psu.:)
    Well that ram and mb was a mess.I got an ASRock am3+ mb with 2x4 gb crusial ram now every thing working great.Btw thanks man for ur help and hey rx 470 is some kind of bitch in overclocking.:bang:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  13. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    not fond of a mr magoo make, even more so with Chinese lettering . Cheap imports, cheap parts. I maybe wrong!

Seasonic has always been my choice - psu is the heart of the system, why be cheap in that area, 600 watts is enough.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  14. insp1re

insp1re Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB
    never heard of green psu's, still if its cheap it probably wont be pushing 680 it says on the side at all. I'd look for at least a bronze certified psu from a decent vendor. Be rippling all over the place.

15. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    cheap parts only seek to kill everything it touchs with vibration, shock, shortting out etc

16. Forkinator

Forkinator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Classified
    With a PSU, its just not worth it to go cheap. It could possibly destroy your components.

17. judi

judi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1050/4gb
    Talking from personal experience. Dont ever buy cheap and used PSU ever. Always go for best quality when it comes to PSU.

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Old thread and not really relevant now no doubt, but look at the picture in Chispy's reply. At the bottom it says your need to switch it according to region. I would go as far as to say any power supply where you need to manually switch the voltage is either ancient or cheap quality using grossly outdated technology.