Mass Effect Andromeda - Free Demo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A ten hour-long demo has been launched on PS4, Xbox One and PC, basically equivalent to what was available as an early access for EA Access and Origin Access subscribers. ...

Mass Effect Andromeda - Free Demo

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    EA mustn't be making their sales target..

3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    It's probably a last effort to make some money off the game, before they move those last few remaining interns, who were still working on it, somewhere else.

4. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, the poor animation quality blew up in their faces, no idea how they could release a game like that. i did hear some of it was fixed, but no idea how much they could even possibly do honestly

5. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I noticed that too, seemed so out of place in such a modern game that was detailed in so many other areas.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I'll have a go of it.

Not seen it in any sale yet I don't think

7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    According to various info leaks and rumors, game was developed for 5 years, however main developer was not Bioware Edmonton which developed all previous titles, but Bioware Montreal.

Montreal team was always support team, however this time they were positioned by top management as core dev team. For more than 3 years development had no clear leadership, and project was only actively developed last 18 months.

Apparently they have changed two to three animation engines, which made a lot of animations already produced uncompatible with new engine. Hence they had to be re-made from scratch.

Only a year before release date they decided to ditch the procedural generated planets towards a hand made ones, which was also a waste of time.

On top of all that apparently Frostbite engine is horrible for development of an RPG, which results in a need to develop additional tools (example is animation mess i've mentioned above).

Add on top of that a mix of teen developers, SJW's, hardore femenists, anti-whites in dev team and interns.

As a result you get an awesome sauce of Trash.

I played ME 1/2/3 countless times, however this turd i didn't even touch. And don't plan to, such a disappointment. Only thing that can potentially save it, is a full remake top to bottom.

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Back in my day, demos like this were regularly available at or before release day, and weren't used as a desperate ploy to make up for crappy sales.

9. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Haters gonna hate. I read all the trash and still bought it when it came up on sale since I have played all prior versions. Sure it had a few and I say a FEW issues not a bunch as it is made out to be and NONE were game halting. The game may not be as in depth as I would have expected but the weapons, skills and task trees were immersive and interesting with countless combinations and it was very much a great deal of fun for the price. Could it have been better, sure and that is true of all games. Does it deserve the malice many who haven't even played it give it, no. I think a solid DLC and continued patching would have fixed pretty much everything just like all new games do now.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Continued patches huh?

How is that going the fix the abysmal dialogue, or the writing in general for that matter? This game was a steaming turd in every respect, and an insult to long term fans of the series. Hell, I felt ME3 was a poor game, but Andromeda makes it look like a masterpiece.

11. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    I wonder if they'll try to throw the blame on someone or something or pretend it never happened.

Agreed. They should leave the series alone instead of making a bigger mess of things.

12. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    No, it was -50% already.
    https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=andromeda#/page:game/info?plain=masseffectandromeda

I preordered it, even if i do it rarely these days, and it's average. And no, the animationgate blown out of proportion is the least of the problems for me. The whole premise, traveling to another galaxy is a weak sauce after saving the galaxy in previous games. Pea shooter weapons and weak powers were balanced but the whole 3 powers only + favorites presets is just mindbogling lazy consolidis limitation. Stupid fetch quest that are like copy pasted and consist of dull driving around maps and searching for things. This is unacceptable for me in post Witcher 3 era.
    But i preordered it because of co op, and i play it every day, so i don't regret it that much after all. The hiatus is the best thing that could have happened, because they need to reflect and think on what a mess they released.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah as soon a I loaded it up in origin after commenting I saw that.

Fine print did seem to say 10hr trial from start of trial though. Does that mean when I clicked download trial before heading to work?

14. Chechar51

Chechar51 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    It's not worth it, not even for free.
    i will not waste my time on a game made by racists

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    uh..... what exactly makes them racists? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I never heard of any scandals from their dev team, let alone collectively as a team.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It goes back to one of the Devs being a blatant racist... he has since been fired, or "let go"... I forget his name.

When you think about it..... how silly is the term "Free Demo"...

xD

17. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Hey it's free. It could have been a paid demo.

..Perhaps I should stop giving them ideas.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It was a paid demo though.

And what point does it stop being a demo and start bring a trial. You download the full game here and can carry over all progress once unlocked with a purchase

I'd say a demo is more a completely separate made part of the game, vertical slice stuff.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Ahh the good old days, a time when game developers actually made a working game and was so confident of their work, they were happy to allow people to try it first....oh how things have changed. ha

20. aKiss

aKiss Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050ti LP
    What?A patch that fixes facial animations by removing the specific scene from the overall cutscene is still a patch
    I can't believe my name is on this piece of **** credits