Gurus living in America, advice please!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Omagana, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    one thing people tend to forget when buying cars is this:
    check the KBB (Kelley Blue Book https://www.kbb.com/) for any vehicle you plan on buying or even thinking about getting- it will show you what you SHOULD pay as apposed to what the seller is asking. Thats KBB's main function but also gives you insight into vehicle reliability, resale value and reviews specific to year, make and model!

Also when i saw the title of this thread i immediately thought of this song (from GTA 5) haha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvdFnINlN6Q

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not sure how drivers are in general in the U.K but here in the States there are drivers out there that can be complete jackasses.

Also about ISPs if you can get FIOS from Verizon I would go with that.

Another major issue about Comcast is that god damn data cap crap they pull. Its not 2002 anymore we do not need data caps.

3. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I'd imagine it varies by state, but yes I have heard several times that people don't indicate or give space when joining the motorway (freeway, highway?)

4. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Best of luck, Omagana! You'll need it!
    Play safe until you learned area.

Your imagination?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    my imagination is being broadcast out live!?

I know Theresa May loves invasion of privacy but I wasn't aware we were at that level yet

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yup it does vary state to state. I just watched my local news and they said that Pennsylvania is one of the discourteous states for driving during on them serveys.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    True...down south we are nice and courteous though...I even helped a woman deliver a baby girl on the side of the highway one time.

8. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Ventus 3X
    Welcome to America, Omagana. Hope you like the heat! :grin: I have relative lives at Northern Silver Spring so I do travel down to MD quite often. Get a car with very good AC... you're going to need it and expect to have patience with the traffics down there... it's actually worse than California.

On the brighter spot, there is a large MicroCenter in Rockville which has tons of PC stuffs you can actually pickup and see before buying. Great place to build your next rig. I used to get most of my stuffs from NewEggs and now I mostly get them through MicroCenter.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You've obviously never been to Florida.... Last time I was down there, I decided I'm never going back. Absolute worst drivers I've ever seen.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I meant...The Deep South...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017