RYSE: Son of Rome is now available for free

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 8, 2017.

1. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    There is no, there never was

and there will never be the thing called "free lunch". Even the Salvation Army will charge you, someday, somehow...

2. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Meh just get session ended application closing after about 3-4 mins even in gladiator mode. Uninstalling.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    [​IMG]

Yeah this has happened about 3 or 4 times now, and every now and then the game just...Pauses. I don't think it's an issue with the game, it's more like the launcher.

4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    It’s because that “clever” launcher is P2Ping in the background. 8 wiped all traces of this from my machine. No invert aim in game was first strike, the launcher was strike 2!, I wasn’t giving it a 3rd

5. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Very underrated game. While the combat may be repetitive, its still fun (at least for one playthrough), graphics are impressive, storyline and locations are interesting.

6. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    game works fine for me EVENTUALLY percivere, it crashes 1st few attempts but eventually reaches 5 minutes then unlocks ,but be warned,its free for a reason ,after every 10 minutes you get a popup pausing the game and pushes you too there site too offer you more games,i think this is what is crashing it the 1st few attempts as there kickthrough software is buggy the way they worked it into the game after u unlock game after 5 minutes it doesn't crash again just the kickthroughs are annoying in battle.

7. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Serious question: Are you just trolling people with all the snarky criticism posts, or are you being serious? It seems like it's trolling since I haven't seen you add anything meaningful to the topics where you're being snarky.

I'm still new-ish here and if this is just an act, I can't get a read on it. If it's a troll, it's a good one. :)

8. Wault

Wault Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900XT 310Black
    Hello,

As someone has stated before, the GameSession launcher seems to not like AfterBurner (or RTSS).

The game crashed two times.
    I closed AF and RTSS, and then, the game activated (I was in the colosseum).

9. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Good point. The first time I ran it I was running FRAPS(no overlay tho I use my G19 LCD) It crashed and even popped a warning about FRAPS

10. nuked

nuked Member

GPU:
    NO GPU
    Exacly. I closed Afterburner game not crash again. Owned.

11. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Thanks, Hilbert! Don't know if I'll enjoy it that much, but it seems (to me) like a decent game at worst.

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I enabled supersampling and then the screen went black, even after alt+tabbing. I can't find where the game settings are stored (despite what many sources say, it isn't the root directory of the game, or at least I can't disable supersampling from there).

When alt+f4'ing the game, GameSessions showed a bug report saying the game was suspiciously closed too soon. I was going to mention the bug I encountered, except the submit button didn't work.

At least the first 5 minutes of the game played smoothly and looked nice otherwise...

13. mmicrosysm2

mmicrosysm2 Guest

GPU:
    8 MB SDRAM
    GameSessions app keeps unloading game! Their PR stunt is going to back fire if they do not fix this issue. I'm going to pay the $4.99 for the steam key and remove GameSessions from my PC. Cannot play this game in its current form.

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Bought it on Steam for $3.74 last week and its an awesome action/adventure game!

15. Yeah... seems to be going around; appears to be an in-game AMD logo while you play the free version too...

[GameSessions] Ryse:Son of Rome

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2018

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    no thanks if i cant add it to steam or gog, i dont care for it

TheDeeGee likes this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont know i get like 50mb/s + from steam downloads, that pretty damn good

18. Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2018
  19. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Not on steam so i dont really care to grab it. But hey its free thats nice.

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just finished the campaign and it was incredible. Also been playing Co-op on steam and its really fun. Awesome game!