AMD Radeon Crimson 17.6.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ReaperXL2, Jun 15, 2017.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    need some battlefieldfront 2 ready drivers...

2. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    What is this HBM cache future you talk about? I just bought a Fury Nano, so any improvements to HBM are of interest to me now :infinity:

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You need to watch YT RotTR Tomb Rider Video at 4K and 2GB HBM + HBMC ! :)
    For example:

When im Playing Forza 1440P 4xMSAA i have some Drops to 44FPS -> with HBMC i will have constant 61-70FPS on same settings -> and That's Progress :eek2: (If this is possible i will be more than Happy)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  4. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Ah, so HBM Cache is already a thing? Since you already experience it in Forza? Then why are you asking for it? A google search for "fury hbm cache" does not come up with anything noteworthy. I did look for ROTTR and HBM cache and found this article: https://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/02/29/rise_tomb_raider_graphics_features_performance/14

In the section 'Vram' it talks a little about such an option.

But then again, why are you hoping for HBM cache for Fury if its already there in some games, and seems to be something that is added by game developers instead of AMD? Or am I not understanding you correctly?

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Since NVIDIA released a new driver, Im expecting a new driver from AMD (17.7.1 New branch probably) next week, since they release together for quite some time, lol!

Havent installed 17.6.2 for myself, im on 17.6.1...my friend had lower perfomance in GTA V with RX 570.

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    No it is unavaible in ReliVe atm !
    Im hoping for it in near future, becouse it's a Vega HBM Feature.
    Since we have HBM and its latency etc. it might be possible to add such a function to a Fury GPU :nerd:

7. nexuseven

nexuseven Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB Ref CF
    have a prob with ReLive.it's locked to 40FPS when record game res 4K? anyone?

8. Strike105X

Strike105X Guest

GPU:
    RX480Nitro+@4Gb
    Hi i have an issue, and i'm wondering if others have it to, i'm on windows 10 creator's update and installed the latest catalyst driver, but whenever my computer monitors turn off the system hangs (tried turning monitors on and off (using a dual monitor config), unplugging and plugging them in, but the system remains frozen) by frozen i mean it stops responding and not even the caps lock light function on the keyboard works), from what i searched this seems related to windows and AMD drivers, so i wonder what are the chances for a fix in the next update.

9. DrunkenDonkey

DrunkenDonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

11. Strike105X

Strike105X Guest

GPU:
    RX480Nitro+@4Gb
    Thank you, i removed them, but unfortunately that didn't work.

12. alpha007org

alpha007org Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3
    I have fresh installed W10 and this driver version.

I can OC my 7950 and it works when trying MSI Kombustor.

But OC clocks doesn't persists in games. Like Forza 6 or Rise of the Tomb Raider.

1175 core clock results in playable 60+ in ROTR but default 900 struggles around 50FPS. It's not playable at default clocks for me so I'm desparate to find the solution.

I tried OC with ReLive only and MSI Afterburner. +20% power and all.

Can someone point me to right direction?

13. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Anyone has this driver installed on an r9 390? i0m getting random black screens during gameplay when alt-tabbing and consequent pc freezing. No idea if it is the driver causing it. Im playng assassin's creed brotherhood, so maybe is ubisoft's fault :D. Just wanted a feedback from same gpu owners.

14. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Dude, sounds like a similar issue to one that I have with this driver.

The Division (dx12) is broken after latest update. Front end loads/runs fine, CTD on level loading. DX11 runs like a boss though. prior to update & using this driver, DX12 had stellar performance.

Further testing revealed that when OC'd, even just 10% on the core only would cause CTD on level loading. No OC would allow the main game to load but after around 30 seconds play, scenery will start flashing, few seconds later CTD 'Radeon Settings have reset to default'. Switch to DX11, stellar performance once again.

This happens regardless of the DX12.dll in use (system32\DriverStore\Repository\etc.).

Point to note is both your game & mine are Ubi games & I have noticed no other dicey behaviour with any other Brand games so far...

After contacting Ubi, I was informed that NO changes were made to DX12 code during the update.

If this is correct, then how the hell is this happening. 17.6.2 worked fine before game update, now it doesn't. Issue appears to be on Ubi's end.

Hope this gets fixed although in Division, DX12 seems to offer nothing over DX11 as DX11 gives me over 60fps with game maxed out, so not really losing anything. Visually, they both look identical.

Peace peeps :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  15. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Hehe i knew it it was evil Ubi!My game though is dx9 and old, so there were no changes to it, and doubt there will be, only 3 patches were released. My card is clocked as well, but less than yours 1333/1250. You should get a consistent increase in performance with dx 12, at least when i still played the division i got 10-15 fps more. Dx12 should be better in performance than dx 11 for amd cards. This is not the case for nvidia that run better on dx 11

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    What OC settings are you using? Include power settings.

17. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    http://imgur.com/a/dKr8C

Black screen happening only in assassin's creed games when alt-tabbing though. played 1-2 and now brotherhood,same issue all 3

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    GPU-Z v2.2.0 (July 6th, 2017)

Added AMD Radeon memory timings section to Advanced Tab
    Added driver date to driver version tooltip and to Advanced Tab
    Added settings entry to set sensor default display mode (cur, min, max, avg)
    Added right-click menu to Advanced Tab to copy to clipboard
    Improved GPU-Z startup speed, especially on slow or single-core systems
    Query_External files will be deleted from temp folder immediately
    Fixed order of OpenCL entries in Advanced Tab (CMD Queue Properties)
    Fixed missing sensors in shared memory
    Fixed display corruption on older NVIDIA GPUs
    Added EVGA iCX fan monitoring support
    Added die size and transistor count for AMD RX 560
    Added support for Intel Iris Plus 640 & 650, GMA600
    Added support for NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030, GeForce 810M, Mining P104 & P106, Quadro P3000

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Now I know why the Elpida memory won't overclock past 1750MHz on the 390, the timings in the BIOS are set to the same settings as running at 800MHz when above 1750, and thus fails. Sabotage!!

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I can't for the life of me, find the section where the timings are...

[​IMG]