How old is your mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Loophole35, Apr 29, 2017.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    On my second Samsung look-a-like(this ones a TECA N94B 5.7" Full-HD 2.4GHz 4GB-RAM 18MP )....had this one a little over 2 yrs but wont be buying another smart phone when it only get used as an alarm clock, screens been acting up last six months....have to reboot to get touch screen working so same as last phone, other than the screen its a nice cheapish import.

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Currently have the Mate 9 which replace the S7E, S7E was great with 6.0.1 but Nougat update made it much worse, also Samsung phones do lag, even a lot when compared to stock android or close to stock like Mate.

So far i don't see any phone beating the mate 9 in battery life, it's 5.9 screen packed with 4000mah batt, kirin 960 and nice optimization, leads to the best android XP i have ever had.

3. Jdaisy

Jdaisy Guest

GPU:
    Dell Studio/ 8:00 GB
    Quick question guys..a colleague of mine gave me her iphone (for free) after my phone broke. Is there a way to find out how old the iphone is?

4. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics

5. Jdaisy

Jdaisy Guest

GPU:
  6. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Been using a Lumia 950XL for 8-ish months now. Got it new and very cheap concidering it's "real" price at the purchase time, paid 250e for a ~600e phone.
    How's everyone with a 5.7 inch display managing to keep their phone in their pockets? I have no jeans that have pockets deep enough for this phone :wanker:

On Apple forums:

7. Jdaisy

Jdaisy Guest

GPU:
    Thanks for sharing this mate! Trying it as we speak and i think it will work! :)

8. Jdaisy

Jdaisy Guest

GPU:
    ...Wait, so in the example you gave the fourth digit would be 0..right? Or are you counting the fourth digit from backwards?

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Mines just 5.1" but I rarely keep it in my trouser pocket, I generally wear a jacket with an inside pocket which would easily hold a 5.7"

Only time it goes in my jeans pocket is if it's far too hot for a jacket, but I always have other stuff like a big bunch of keys and bottle of water etc, so always try to take a jacket out with me

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    have 8 year old samsung impression.. If it were not for fact the battery no longer holds charge there is nothing wrong with it, I refused to replace it with smart phone and also refused to get a new battery XD

11. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    Still on my Samsung S6. It was on its dying legs, front glass had 2 cracks, battery was seriously handicapped (less than 2 hours SOT) Camera sometimes kept focussing infitnite, USB connector broken (only wireless SLOWWW charging).

So I decided to do a refurbish myself and replaced everything that I could replace inside and outside.

Midframe
    Glass front and back
    USB charger board
    Camera
    Battery (Galaxy S7 Edge 3600mah)

And it's practically as new now. Super smooth on Android 7. This baby will keep rocking as my daily use phone for a while. The size is perfect for on the move and the battery is giving me 7 hours SOT and about 1.5 day in total on one charge. The screen is still better than most other new phones and the camera is solid enough to capture my daily stuff.

That said, I just ordered a OnePlus 5 for a bigger screen experience to study Chinese from and play some games on. Also I want a back up phone.. When my S6 died a couple of times because of the battery issue, I became aware of how my life in China depends on my phone... Sad but true..

Don't use any cash money and pay everything with phone.
    Ordering taxi's on my phone.
    Stored all addresses in there.
    Using the navigation to get to places all day.
    Translating everything with the phone.
    and not to forget WeChat! without WeChat you don't have a life here anyway..

Hahaha. Welcome to 2017..

12. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF
    OnePlus 3T, since the release, very happy with this one.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Mate 9, 4 months and it get's faster each day, never seen a phone like it, tbh i think it's the best phone atm and it's grossly underrated.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nexus 6P... Around 6 months I guess... It's flaky as can be, but it still works most of the time. Eventually I'll have to reset it.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I still use a two year old HTC One M8. It's still an absolutely terrific phone IMO and when my contract came up for renewal I just went with a SIM-only option instead of buying the latest model. I really don't see the point in upgrading phones every two years; it's not like they change that much and my current phone still does everything I need plus has great sound and a 1080p screen (which is perfectly fine for a screen of this size).

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Had to replace my M8 after only 9 months. USB port when tits up and would randomly restart or just start playing music in my pocket.

17. ROTOR

ROTOR Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    note 2 five to six years old lineage os 7.1.2 :)

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Moto Z Force Droid. 5 months. Awesome hand gestures and what not. But I get bored quickly and like jumping to different platforms. I'll probably get the new iphone in Sept because I have "idiot consumer" written plainly on my forehead.

19. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    S7 Active bought in April this year.

20. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    I've had my Samsung S3Neo for over 3 years now and it's still running quite well. I keep it in a case and I don't install too many apps. It still looks like it has just come out of the box (if I wipe the fingerprints off the screen). But then again I have a 27 y.o. TV set :D