Am I the only one that feels Mics have ruined MP gaming?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Jun 13, 2017.

?

Do you hate Microphones in MP?

1. Can't stand them!

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Love them!

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Indifferent!

20 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Stop gaming old man! Find a nice rocking chair and stare at your lawn.

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    to many potty mouth 7 year old in most those games, it why i turn voice chat off alot

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Mics have pushed multiplayer to an entire new level. Yes, I hear you when it comes to the annoying mindless screams and what not, but for example if you play Squad or Arma or even Rising storm vietnam with a good and focused team a mic is almost essential for victory.

When I play commander in vietnam I am brief when I give orders via mic and watching the team follow my commands and accept them with vocal "Yes sir" or "on the way!" its great!

Then there is always that annoying, depressed sounding fool who says "Shut up!". Not implying you're that person.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    When you're playing games like Arma you're usually part of a pre-made group in my experience. I think the main issues people have are with randoms, a lot of games come with voice chat built into them now.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread how it can add to immersion in games like DayZ, where the mic is local (in game) to the person, so only people nearby can hear him. In theory this is true, in reality it usually just results in a whole lot of idiocy in my experience. Most games don't localise their voice comms either, so you get to hear the nonsense no matter where you are in whichever game.

I use a mic regularly when I game, when I raid in WoW or when I play with friends we're always on voice comms. It's playing with randoms with in game voice that's usually a turn off.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Yes sir? What kind of people do you play with? Virtual training with fellow soldiers?

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Never been kicked because i muted everyone. I think you had a nightmare and mistook that for an actual experience in the morning

8. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    No, just guys who like to role play I guess? Not everyone says "Yes Sir" though.

Thankfully (for me at least) I am in the military for a living so I don't mind the occasional guy just wanting to have fun in a game :)

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I've been kicked for not participating. Many times. Not for muting, so to speak. Though muting them cuts off my participation level. ;)

10. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    Voice is with friends only, over ts , mumble, discord or something similar.
    All in game voice are turned off (and text as well in games like cod).
    I never got kicked in any game, but i do not play "survival" gank games either.

11. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I hear you OP cause I also come from that era. I mostly play multiplayer shooters so in-game voice is the first thing I disable when soloing. The toxicity and filth I hear come out of people's mouths is too distracting and takes away from the gameplay. The only time I use a mic is on VOIP programs with people I know.