Am I the only one that feels Mics have ruined MP gaming?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Jun 13, 2017.

?

Do you hate Microphones in MP?

1. Can't stand them!

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Love them!

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Indifferent!

20 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Stop gaming old man! Find a nice rocking chair and stare at your lawn.

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    This..

I played alot in wow raids with 40 players or more in voice chat, and rarely we had problems.

Now with this easy MP formula, any player can score some easy wins with luck (or not) and talk trash.

A few years ago i tried tekken in online mode, ofc i know i would regret it, beat'em'ups + online never worked properly unless the opponent lived close to you, but anyways i still won some games versus random opponents and when i closed the game for my surprise ii had a bunch of hate mails in my PS inbox.. i was like WTF? .. i was just playing for 1h or something...

I played alot beat'em'ups in arcades for years and no similar thing ever happened, wtf is wrong with these guys?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    MMO's and the like tend to be played by older gamers or gamers with a normal mental state.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Right now I find the current voting hilarious. Just as many people are for mics in gaming as people that feel I should stare at my lawn.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Depends. How nice is your lawn? I may change my vote.

5. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
  6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    No but I think not setting them to "Push-To-Talk" by default ruins it. The amount of idiots streaming the conversations and baby cries from their entire household in The Division is freaking borderline annoying.

7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    ^^ so true.

8. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I just stay away from the survival games like Player Unknowns Battlegrounds and pure stupid **** like garry's mod. They're filled with annoying 12-14 year old geeky kids who wear reddit and Minecraft t-shirts to school.

Then again, I find old men in their mid-30's to late-40's (who seemingly make up the majority of users on this board) who talk about their beer and kids over and over in old games like Day of Defeat just as annoying.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  9. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I just turn off MIC kinda silent games but some of us still use text for talking ingame

10. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    The problem is just terrible mic implementation. Todays games forcing so called "social gaming", by enabling mic by default and not giving you an option to mute players. Also, the point when all players in the game share same room.

This is the main issue people living in europe, if you join a game with lots of people, all you can hear, constant heavy breathing, people talking russian, polish, german, french, [insert any language here] at the same time and you can't mute them, or you have to manually mute each and everyone of them every time you join a game.

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2

[​IMG]

People in there 30's are old now?

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Nah. 60 is old.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    All these young whipper snappers with the fang dangled internet... back in my day... we used to play video games on floppy drives.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    And the floopy disks were as big as a console. :)

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    "don't kill the messenger" :infinity:

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Those things were the size of small records back in the day. And who said 60 is old? I'd say 70 these days. 60 is getting old. But if you live a healthy lifestyle, you can still do quite a bit at 60 and also have a good 20 years of living left to do.

17. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    you can always block the communication
    btw i have to rant on people and kids who i end much matchmade with on cs go, because they have high rank and still like noobies..

19. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I quit multiplayer games for a few years but before that I was in a guild in Wow and I also played with a group in rift (the game not the headset), using the mic became par for the course but to be fair the people I played with where really nice, no annoying brats having rage fits. It's only since I got into VR I started playing Multiplayer games again and as the mic's are built into the headset you can't really get away from it, I find for the most part though the VR crowd are quite relaxed with the chat, occasionally you get a few idiots cursing or some annoying kids screaming down the mic but so far it's been alright and I even had one guy interview me for his gaming channel, so yeah I'm warming to the mic again.

20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I suspect this is partly due to the cost of entry for VR.

Once prices start coming down the same thing will happen with VR as has happened with the rest of online gaming.