16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by user1, Jul 28, 2016.

1. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

I got error -43 even with modified inf.

2. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    with this drive 16.101.X_Repack_radeonset_17.1.1_Jan30_dxva-nocl_[WIP] the mass effect andromeda had green flash but with 16.2.1 work good,any idea to change ?

3. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    Hello,
    Can you make one with 17.4.4 settings or teach how you make?

4. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    no idea whats wrong

i think maybe 1 person in the thread was able to get a wrestler card working, though it wouldn't suprise me if its broken since amd didn't even offically support it on the crimson betas on windows 10.

there isn't much point it will be less functional than CCC and buggy.
    , not sure that the adl libraries are compatible anymore either.

5. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    @user1
    I'm using Driver Easy to keep my drivers updated. Today strangely it found an update for my 7670M and 8650G, so I cleaned up with DDU and istalled it but they made my pc very laggish. Did you know something about that? Maybe new driver for non-gcn gpus? This drivers is dated 2017-06-05 and their version is 22.19.161.0. I look on amd sites but they are not mentioned. Thanks

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Could you upload the drivers from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download, please?

7. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I'm not downloaded this drivers from WU and I reverted to 16.101.X_Repack_Catalyst-Win10_64_17.1.X_Feb9 because they not working properly for me, seems the installation was not complete (Catalyst is missing). Like I said a program named Driver Easy do that, and seems it not save drivers download.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  8. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
  9. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M

if you use drive booster they will install too, i think the problem its the dual graphics doesnt work beacuse catalyst dosent work too

10. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    driver doesn't contain anything weird, just has legacy entries that allow you to use the driver with new gpus(gcn) if you have old gpus installed, otherwise it would fail for both.

It doesn't actually install anything on old gpus.

blame windows update for being dumb and assuming that it's a legit driver.

11. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I'm very sad to hear that...I'm hoping they give us last legacy patch with some fixes...

12. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    Forget that my friend,i email with amd about that , and try to push them to make a final legacy driver and no way , its really a shame

13. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Some times you just gotta let things die, gcn has been around for nearly 5 1/2 years now, even a cheapo rx560 or almost any 300$ gcn apu based laptop will be a major upgrade over even the fastest vliw gpus.

14. Spectrobozo

Spectrobozo Guest

GPU:
    8600GT
    RX 560 is better but $300 laptop? APU? not really, I've seen the 7870K delivering lower performance than my 5850 in some heavy games, those things have really terrible memory bandwidth bottlenecks.

hopefully the new APUs will be a huge step forward, whatever sorcery Nvidia has with memory bandwidth efficiency is what AMD needs for their APUs.

the little GT 1030 is keeping up with some stuff with 128bit memory with only 50GB/s.

15. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I wasn't suggesting replacing a desktop vliw card with an apu notebook,

I meant that if you owned a vliw card/ apu you could replace it with a modern gcn product of the same type for little money and be an upgrade.

should have been more clear

that being said the igpu of the 7870k is probably better than any vliw gpu in the sense that it can play any new game with low settings where as the vliw cards can't play some at all or with major issues.

16. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    well i try one think and works ..... fps around 20 in dawn of war 3

with your drive and flem3 beta.

open flem 3 beta and browse to your driver pack with the new driver amd 17.4.4 .
    the idea of flem is to extract old dll but i try the contrari, i extract dll from 17.4.4 to deploy to your drive and works really good, now the profile games it isnt there do you know how extract them ?

17. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Today I noticed drivers Mesa 17.1.4 has been released (https://www.mesa3d.org/systems.html). So if i'm not wrong they are made for linux, but they can be useful for us? If you click on "AMD Radeon series. See RadeonFeature" in that page you can see supported GPU card. For example, there are some old AMD Radeon cards, like HD7600 (Without "M" thought). My knowledge in this things are very poor, so forgive me please if I'm writing something impossible.

18. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Mesa is actually a linux thing. Some drivers can be ported on windows, but DX driver must be rewritten.
    Shortly, nothing that can help with windows drivers.

19. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    mesa is unrelated to amd`s Driver, mesa is composed of opensource drivers for many cards including radeon cards, it is used on linux almost exclusively and is written by many people, mesa is opengl only and is not 100% complete for vliw gpus (like what you have).

if you want to check progress on mesa`s drivers look here under r600

https://mesamatrix.net/

20. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    thanks for these detailed answers:)