Rime

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  4. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    What's the performance like with say, 1 gtx 980 at 4k?

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    nice to see txaa

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v-Bmg7S9ZQ

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    ACG says he got stable 60 @1440p with a 980+i7 920.

2:47

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    How big is the Rime download?

I purchased the key from CDKeys yesterday but have not yet received it despite the fact the game releases today.

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rime+download+size

11. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Quick test

performance is not bad but screen space reflection on very high is demanding and I must it set from very high @ high. TXAA and all settings max. Some drops under 60 FPS but 99% 60+ FPS/1440p. Game looks very nice

7673 MB

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    A heads up for those that care, this game uses Denuvo but for some reason it isn't listed on the Steam store page (or wasn't last I checked).

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  14. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    It works really good for me. If you wanna look here is my Reshade preset:

Version 1.0 and 1.1 of my preset is ready to download under video description.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  15. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    this game support ultrawide guys ?

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well it is listed now at least.

What's this game? Is it like Witness?

Huh.. UE4 game. Not used to seeing unreal engine games look like this. Cool.

17. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I have 16:9 monitor but 21:9 and 4:2 works fine but game do not have fov settings. Maybe via config...

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I ended up having to buy this on Steam after CDKeys messed up and ran out of keys to send despite the fact I'd paid for it (thankfully, they refunded it straight away without me having to ask).

Anyway, that hiccup aside, I have been really enjoying this game's change of pace; focusing entirely on exploration and puzzles over combat (of which there has been none so far). It's refreshing after playing Prey and The Surge. This game reminds me so much of The Witness artistically; it could almost be set in the same universe. There's also bits of ICO in there too. It's a great game to chill out to with some superb music that just adds to the atmosphere.

If I have any complaints it's the lack of checkpointing meaning that I have had to redo some puzzles again because I got stuck and decided to exit the game. Why do developers do this? Why doesn't the game auto-save after every puzzle/collectible and save on exiting? It's such a simple thing to do yet it can avoid frustration/annoyance at having do sections over and over again.

Finally, the game uses Unreal Engine 4 and runs at 60 FPS for 99% of the time maxed out at 2560x1440 with TXAA but was dipping way below that to the low 40s FPS at times. I noticed that when this happened that my GTX 1080 Ti was not boosting to its maximum clocks even though neither GPU nor CPU usage were maxed out. I managed to improve this by creating a profile and enabling Prefer Max Performance. Now the runs at 60 FPS for 99.8% of the time with only occasional but brief dips to 56 FPS when panning the camera across long views. Driver optimisation could improve this as I'm not seeing anything here that justifies the framerate hit, especially as I can play The Witness at 4K and 60 FPS, which is not possible in this game without lowering settings.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. The little dog/fox thingy you free in the opening section of this game is utterly adorable and just adds to the game's charm. I like that once you free him he (she? it?) appears on the RiME title screen as the game loads, barking away!

It's a shame then that the character you control is such a blank slate with no personality or charm of his own. Not a game-breaker but it's a pity the developers didn't take cues from The Legend of Zelda games here to inject some charisma into the person you play as.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've just reached what I would call the second area with windmills but performance during the first section was just sub-standard IMO, at one point dropping right down to 23 fps (on a GTX 1080 Ti running at 2,000 MHz!!!) and regularly dipping down as low as 42 fps on a frequent basis. Yet both GPU and CPU usage stayed well below 100% suggesting there is either an issue with the engine and/or the graphics driver.

This is further proven by the fact that I STILL get framerate dips below 60 fps even if I (a) lower all the settings to Low and turn off Motion Blur, DOF, AA, etc; and (b) if I keep maximum settings but set the resolution scaling to 50% (so the game is being rendered at 1280x720).

The game definitely needs a patch or three and possibly driver optimisation in my view.

P.S. The game is absolutely beautiful and I'm really enjoying it. It's a crying shame that the performance is so erratic because, while not game ruining by any means, it is constantly distracting. It really should not be happening IMO on a system such as mine.