MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    tried the new AB beta and the voltage slider is grey !!!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Leave it for OC.net Titan XP owners thread please, no need to bring anything from that place here.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    no problem

4. Scorpion3811

Scorpion3811 Member

GPU:
    ALL
    Hello, any way to get fan control for all 3 fans on the EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3? 4.4.0 Beta 8 only controls 1 fan...or at very least have all 3 be controlled together? I'd be willing to test any beta software needed...Thanks for all your hard work Unwinder

5. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    That would be called EVGA Precision X OC. It has an OSD too.

6. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Have a look: Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades - Page 27

7. Unwinder

MSI AB 4.4.0 beta 9 is available:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta9.rar

New version introduces new Quad Overvoltage(tm) architecture support for upcoming custom design MSI graphics cards, which means that you'll be able to control up to 4 independent votages on some hi-end MSI graphics cards (core voltage, memory voltage and 2 auxiliary voltages).
    New version also includes updated RTSS build, but changes in it are related to documentation and context help only.

8. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Nothing to report

9. Unwinder

Yep, that beta is mostly for internal MSI testing, for those who will be reviewng upcoming QuadOvervoltage capable MSI cards and for translators to other languages.

10. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Any idea what causes Prey's engine (cryengine, dx11) to go completely nuts when Riva OST enabled? I tried different draw methods (all 3), but it still breaks it.

11. Unwinder

Hehe, I'm starting to think that think it would be really fair to make those who report compatibility issues with some specific games to buy a copy of such game for us for attempting to reproduce the problem here. Probably then there will be much less unweighted problem reports. The amount of unnecessary games I purchase is insane, and I just thrown away the next $35 on buying Prey just to ensure that everything works properly.

12. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670

That would be a great smug reply, but unfortunately [to you] I do own Prey (it is moderately cheaper in my country).
    In fact, I was hoping 1.02 path solves it but it didnt hence I made a post.

The issue was reported long before "the crack" existed, which is easy to find out just making 7 seconds google request. I tried the "cracked" version as well but the issue is still there.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I "might" buy them if I had one of those upcoming QuadOvervoltage capable MSI cards. ;)

14. Unwinder

Try to reread the post slowly, maybe a few times in a row. Unfortunately [for me] I do own Prey too now.

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Is there a chance to lower RTSS OSD overhead a bit?
    In Talos Principle Vulkan with total CPU limit, OSD/inject (frametime graph enabled) lowers fps from ~350 to 300 (Steam overlay of course disabled).

16. Unwinder

Unlikely.

17. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Right, sorry, read it wrong.

It is not a big issue, just a bit annoying for benchmarking and stats since either need to multi-capture with OBS or alt+tab.

18. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    So, do we think Nvidia is loosing it's grip on voltage limits, seems most all P's are limited on voltage and the way boost works not sure much can be gained.

I guess we will see either way :)

19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Can't you bring that up with MSI? I would assume it's in their best interest to make sure MSI Afterburner is compatible with as many games as possible.

I'm sure they have special programs for such things and would be able to send Steam keys and whatnot your way?

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    What's wrong with Prey (2017)? It's using DirectX 11 (64-bit game.) and the overlay is working just fine every time I've tested the game though each system is different I suppose so compatibility can differ depending on other software and such.

EDIT: Ah a post from the previous page, interesting.

And if the various modes in RTSS were already tested it's probably not that simple, I'm using the modern OSD or how it was called and frame buffer as the co-ordinate space along with raster 3D.
    (Delayed injection but that's only for compatibility with other software though the Steam overlay might need it but I keep that disabled or as disabled as it can be.)

Last edited: May 16, 2017