GeForce Hotfix driver 382.19 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, May 11, 2017.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I doubt that 378.92 is any different from 378.78, which added DX12 optimizations.

As of right now, on 1703, 381.65 are the fastest drivers but the difference between all of them after 378.78 is very small.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb

Thank you , will be using this in future:):):):):):)

3. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Why do you want to exclude the audio driver? :wanker:
    The out-of-box generic "HD Audio Device" driver (from Microsoft) can't properly utilize half the capabilities of HDMI 1.3+ / DP audio (it's limited to something like 2 channel 16-bit 48kHz instead of 8+ channel 24-bit and 192kHz -> not like you need all that, 48kHz is fine and 24-bit is for audiophiles but IMO stereo is very mediocre compared to >=4 channels). Even if you don't use an HDMI AV-Receiver, the driver itself won't hurt, it's just a device driver, not telemetry/advertising/annoying stuff.

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    All depends on your usage, if you use HDMI audio of course it's recommended to keep it, but most people use speakers.

I have a TV and I still use my speakers which are connected to my Soundblaster Z soundcard. So I don't need HDMI audio.

5. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    I have been using this script from a previous post when someone posted it before (may have been you as well, can't remember, it's been a while). Works great.

I'm now using Shadowplay though and want to redeem my free game, so need to have ShadowPlay and GFE to stay. Do you guys know which ones are required to keep this working? With the last drivers I just kept the full package, so probably it installed more than needed.

I assume I need the below ones to stay, but has anyone tested this yet? Or does anyone know if there is more required?
    rd /s /q GFExperience
    rd /s /q GFExperience.NvStreamSrv
    rd /s /q GfExperienceService
    rd /s /q ShadowPlay

Currently at work and will have very limited time to mess about with this myself sadly enough. Otherwise I would just run multiple tests. Just hoping someone already knows it.

6. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    I use realtek drivers for my speakers and logitech drivers for my headset
    the beauty of using this is if you wont to use the nvidia driver delete the command and if they add other folders you don't wont you can easily add them, all to easy :)

@SaiBork no it is not mine originally, i believe it was cookieboyeli who i mentioned in the original post but i could be wrong i have been using it a long time

7. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    I noticed, but I was just saying that I don't know who I copied it from, only that it was one of the previous driver posts :) So thanks whether it was you or not ;)

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    YES! I need this since I got the stutter :)

Apparently the V-sync setting in NVCPL doesn't seem to have any effect on games. You still need to enable V-sync in game or you get tearing if you exceed your monitor's refresh rate.

I've not tested this extensively but I did notice that WoW was running at 155fps outdoors and that I got higher than normal FPS in Overwatch when V-sync was disabled. When I enabled V-sync everything was back to normal.

9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Again crap drivers ! :realmad: This driver does gives me lower performance in all my games that i play :/ , tested on Forza horizon 3 , Need For Speed 2016 , DiRT Rally. I loose between ~10-20 fps on every single one of those games , it seems this drivers are a big step backwards in performance as well as many other bugs like HDR not working and sometimes i'm welcome to a black screen when i try to enter windows at bootup. I re installed whql 378.92 and everything is normal again and performance , HDR and everything else works also no more black screens ! It seems i'm stuck with 378.92 the last working drivers for me forever :infinity: ...

10. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    If you had the problem with 382.05, you'd have the problem with these. This set is only a hotfix to fix a specific issues. So nothing is wrong again compared to the actual driver set.

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I don't have this issue.

NVCPL VSync On ingame off. No tearing in OW

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Gsync causes stutter issues in Prey

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sorry to hear that Chispy :(
    About Forza 3, I had major issues too the first time I played it (~45-48 fps and constant stutter). Then I ran it yesterday just for fun and was amazed how much smoother it ran this time. And the most amazing thing was that I drove in Surfers Paradise through the tram section and held 60fps!! I just did it once so maybe I was lucky but I never thought that would be possible. On the other hand I did get occasional stutter (1sec) on random locations (like every 10mins).

Maybe I should try DDU after I've tried the hotfix.

Just launched Risen 3 (V-sync disabled in game) and had 159fps so clearly I have some kind of issue.

14. rstalcup

rstalcup Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    Great Driver

This is a great driver for me, no Issues at all on any of my 3 systems.

1. Core I7 32GB, Dual ASUS GTX980Ti (SLI)
    2. Core I7 64GB, Dual ASUS GTX1080 (SLI)
    3. Alienware M17xR4 Core I7, 32GB, GTX1080

No problems at all with this driver, on these systems, Looks like a keeper for me.

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    With Vsync off in game(Default nvcpl is App controlled) i see no issue here.

Gsync can't cap FPS. When you turn Vsync on FPS gets capped by VSync to refresh rate and gsync is disabled.

As for NV cpl not affecting games, make sure that you add the correct game exe.

I had an issue with Overwatch settings not applying correctly because i added Overwatch Launcher.exe and not Overwatch.exe

16. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I've had good results from past hotfixes even if the fixes are unrelated to me. So... giving this one a spin.

17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Haven't had any problems with games (csgo, Quake Champions, Doom, Rocket League).

However, when quitting out of CSGO, I noticed my monitor goes black with "no signal detected" for a few seconds before going back to desktop which I didn't see before.

18. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Indeed.

[​IMG]

Nvidia's driver has become a bloatware.. I have not even installed PhysX component for several years now.

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @chispy You should get VEGA which suit your rig. Confirm higher performance. Cheers.

20. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Without container... Don't you lose the NVcontrolpanel? :O