Nvidia GeForce 382.05 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, May 4, 2017.

1. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    seems to be directly related to some systems and fastboot, fastboot works fine for me, but im on an amd rig most people seem to think cant game so..yeah ;)

2. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    While this is not a bad thing to do, the installer itself calls home. I guess you haven't firewalled the programs that get started from %temp% by the installer?

Yea except it doesn't work with win 10 telelemtry, there are loads of reports that hosts file and firewall are overridden for this.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I have a G-sync monitor. If I don't turn on V-sync in NVCPL (and apparently in game too), I get tearing. Tried the same thing with Prey, if I disable V-sync in game I get tearing even if G-sync and V-sync is enabled in NVCPL.

@ManuelG - Honestly I don't understand how you're thinking nowadays regarding G-sync. For me G-sync is V-sync so if I enable it in NVCPL, I shouldn't have to enable it anywhere else. It feels strange having to enable three settings in order to have G-sync working:
    1. G-sync (NVCPL)
    2. V-sync (NVCPL)
    3. V-sync (ingame)

Why not simply enable G-sync in NVCPL and and be done with it (potentially greying out the V-sync setting)? This setting would obviousl override in game settings. And if I for some reason would like to benchmark, I simply disable it (which also turns off V-sync). And if I want to run the game in ULMB, I get the V-sync option back.

4. littespy80

littespy80 Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX 1080 FE SLI
    Do you have SLI or G-Sync?

5. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    It´s not called being naive, it´s called understanding what lawful and understanding how software development works.

Windows has packages that can be removed because Microsoft allowed you to do it. It´s their choice. Not yours. You are just a consumer, you mean nothing. They can do whatever they want, unless it´s against the law. Why would Nvidia change ANYTHING?

I am done with you guys. Go live in your fantasy land where companies can´t do lawful acts and where you can choose what features you want included in proprietary software and whether you want to send your IP adress to Nvidia or not.

Just sell your VGA and stfu, reading your arguments is unbearable, since they make zero sense and are generally stupid.

Good luck making any exceptional career with your common sense and understanding this world.

6. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Really?
    You don't know anything about "us". However, because you disagree with opinions, now you are saying we are handicapped from having a good career and lack understanding.

If you look at the myriad of forums, you'll see that many of us contribute and give more than we take. And, even though for some folks, tearing down is easier than to build, some of us persevere the trolls, flamers, and those who have a unique point of view. At the very least sometimes the truth lies in the mean (of the discussion, and is not as polar as others make it out to be).

This is simply input a driver (this thread) it would be nice to have a good driver without the bloatware and telemetry. Yes, we can disable those bs add ons, but it would be nice to have it without to begin with.
    Sometimes I get lazy to reverse engineer out all the things that are unnecessary in a driver or OS.

So chil, no need to make it personal on other forum members

Have a nice day

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Hey guys and gals! Just an update on my battle with Watch Dogs 2 pausing and 381/382 drivers....seems it was the game all along and NOT drivers/my system...adding "-disablepagefilecheck" to the command line argument section of the launcher completely smoothed out the pausing and app crash when shooting :D:D:D

Though I'm running an unofficial/tweaked release of this 382.05 driver, base driver being the official one is stable on my end.Benchmark apps and gpu overclock is stable....excellent driver. :thumbup:

Side Note:

Troubleshooting that game forced me to apply every logical tweak and optimization I could find on the web for Win10...I was surprised there were so many, considering I didn't have to with the Anniversary Update...but it made a huge impact on overall system performance....way way more than MS Game Mode.

For me the main culprits were in the Visual Effects Tab under Performance Options and Advanced Network Adapter Settings.

Happy as a pig in proverbial poop! :D:D:D...enjoy your gaming, life is too short!....aaaand new Afterburner beta released with updated RTSS beta baked in, just in case you missed it...running great, like the gems they are! :thumbup:

8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Don't know about PREY but every game I've played so far(WD2,Division,Witcher3,GR Wildlands,ME Andromeda) -thankfully- no problems with Gsync, having Vsync OFF ingame and "use 3d app settings" on control panel.

Try this,

choose "use 3d app settings in NVCPL on global (don't change it in game's profile there,leave it the same as global), go ingame, have Vsync on and change resolution (1 down or up if you have dsr or any bigger custom) then change Vsync to OFF,restart game and change back to your native res. Weird but that's what I did back on 378.49 (was my previous diver before these..) on Division game because I had tearing too..

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Netherwind What's your monitor? I think quite wasted if you purchased so expensive monitor, but you ended up turning the V-sync on. Why don't you use RTSS to cap the frame rate you desire?

10. littespy80

littespy80 Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX 1080 FE SLI
    Ha! I have fixed it. I have changed Monitor refresh rate value in nVidia Control Panel 3d settings from "Maximum monitor refresh rate" to "Controled by application". After reinstalling the drivers/OS update this value must have changed somehowe causing conflicts. SO far 1h in BF1 and in the OS and no issues. Still using 381.89 and W10 1607. Let me know if it helps anyone else!

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah nod32 fw warns me right before it installs it tries to connect, if I allow it it will show those promotional banners on installer otherwise its blank - just dark green nv logo.

Is this WD2 specific or windows settings?:nerd:

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  12. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Windows settings.

13. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090Ti
    I'm curious. Could you describe which settings you disabled or modified? :)

14. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Sure, links below:

This one I used for Windows.I only used the Visual Tweaks as everything else I took care of already.Only service I have disabled is Defender AV, don't really want to mess with anything else.

https://forums.redacted.tv/threads/ultimate-windows-10-gaming-tweak-guide.1205/

This one for advanced network adapter settings.Followed all except I have side scaling enabled.Have not noticed any issues.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...by-tinkering-with-ethernet-card-driver.88083/

They're very common tweaks across all Windows versions.Just took me by surprise how effective they were in gameplay.Hope they're as helpful to you as they were to me.:)

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Got a hard lock on desktop browsing in FF54b6 with these. Pretty sure that it was video driver related as after power cycling PC (reset button didn't work) I got all the icons on the desktop messed up.

Happened only once for now though.

16. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    So after some more trial and error, With one of my monitors going completely off when a exclusive full screen game is running, I figured out if i disable SLI this problem goes away. and games run fine with both monitors working normally. but if i enable SLI, my second monitor will always turn off when i play a game in full screen and will not turn back on unless I restart my pc or unplug/plug back in the monitor.

So has something to do with SLI and multi monitor setups

17. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Was just going to ask about this. Annoying as hell. Any way to resolve this short of disabling SLI? This wasn't an issue with prior drivers, right?

18. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Are all monitors running off of one GPU?

19. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    yeh both displays are plugged into the displayports on the first gpu.
    first display is a 4k Asus PA329 and the other is 1440p PG278QR (gsync).

any driver after 378.92 has this issue, Haven't found anyway to fix it, SO annoying! completely impossible to use multiple monitors like this.

20. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Yes. Main is gsync monitor at default 60Hz, connection is displayport. Second is a 4k tv, connected via HDMI. NVCP recognizes the second monitor if connected to the second card, only in the Configure SLI portion, Windows doesn't see the monitor at all if connected to the second card.

This happens if I run a fullscreen game on my second monitor, the 4k tv. If I run the games on my "main" monitor there is no issue.

No changes other than the recent driver upgrade.

Last edited: May 11, 2017