Microsoft strong arm policy

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by brothergc, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Do not forget about the carbon paper

2. b101uk

b101uk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    whatever Microsoft do, it will always be wrong in some self-proclaimed PC experts eyes who will try to whip up a storm over it.

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Every decision, every one taken by a large company will get praise and booing in different procentages.I get it, the ideea to get enough praise to make booing insignificant and not your problem.

I like Microsoft products.They have resources and knowledge to make good software.What i hate is the way they give it to YOU.
    There is always a catch, some hidden settings here and there, some EULA big enough to lull anyone to sleep by reading it....But this is not enough to accept the whole circus that goes with Microsoft products.

There is a tipping point where they realized that they can make more money(or easier) by harvesting your data, and keep NSA/CIA happy.Never been a sweeter deal than this.
    Now, in the no-privacy era, we can nag and complain, but we can do little to no change at all.

Own an Iphone or Android device? Use Linux but have Intel ME under the hood? Have Facebook or Google? Well, there is a sweet irony in all this.
    We lost our right to privacy and our right to decide and we will never get it back.

Microsoft strong arm policy? Maybe, but if only you are accepting it.
    Each one to his own, but once you accepted that your privacy is someone's else priority, you are the bystander and good luck with that.

Forcing everyone on Windows 10 is heaven for MS, hell for you..well if you care. If not, is just an OS with half-backed features, slowly fixing its errors.Almost all software is like that.

I like GNU/Linux.I use FOSS software, and running computers with flavours of *Nix.Am i a happy camper? That's debatable.

4. b101uk

b101uk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    the arguments of "privacy" is a none starter, as there are more than enough information available via the likes of Google that any incompetent PC plebe can turn off/force off 99% of the "privacy" items in windows 10, and if they cant be arsed to do that, that's their fault, not Microsoft.

after all if you have specific requirements in how you want to run your OS then its down to you to configure it to your liking.

5. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    Not really. Kindly note we're all using some version of Windows - I've used (almost) all the versions since Windows 3.1 and I dare to say it's been the best operating system. It's just the newest version I despise completely. I also hated Windows 8, but they managed to pull it off quite nicely with 8.1, which I am using not without satisfaction.

6. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    No. Most software is a (more or less) finished product when being released. Not without errors, but basically complete.
    There are 2 exceptions - PC console game ports or PC games in general (we'll release and then we'll patch) and Windows 10. I'd been Insider since the first build and when they decided to give RTM status to something I would consider an early alpha I was shocked and opted out immediately.

7. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Use NTlite's live mode feature and simply remove all the Telemetry and then some. You can make Windows 10 with a full install print of just under 5 gigs if you wanted.

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    There's a GitHub user that released some scripts that updates Windows' DLL-files to think the new CPU's are still supported. MS will probably block it somehow but for now it's supposed to work:

https://github.com/zeffy/kb4012218-19/releases

9. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    OMG ! Thank You ! :banana:
    I just installed this a few moments ago , and it works . !
    Here is my experence with the fix . 1st be sure to make a backup of your system 1st I have only just installed this so I have no idea of the impact of what might happen. but the "unsupported hardware " messages are gone and windows updates now works normally . You will need to have the offending updates installed before installing this patch . if you don't nothing will be fixed . Run the batch file as administrator

Thanks again for the link , and bite me microsoft LMAF

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Be sure they will.

11. brothergc

brothergc Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb
    well not so far
    well this has indeed worked out great ! I just installed MS quality and securiy updates for may and not once did the ugly " Your processor is not supported " pop up OR did windows update fail to work
    I have played 8 hrs of mass efect and hours of general use and on my machine I can find no ligit reason for MS claim of " Not supported " It is IMO all bulls**t hype desighned to force people to upgrade to windows 10

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, it's just bs to force people to upgrade. My brother's work laptop has an i7 6500u and it is running windows 7 enterprise perfectly fine and adequate for the job. Laughable to even suggest that skylake is fine for win7 but kaby is not.