MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nope, you're not missing anything. Beta 7 was discovered via URL spoofing by the person who published the link before I actually posted anything myself.

2. Unwinder

Frametime OSD graph is currently the only supported one, but it is definitively planned to add a possibility to display graphs in OSD for any data sources in future versions.

3. LordHyena

LordHyena Member

GPU:
    4xGTX
    @Andy_K thanks man, i found how to change size, maybe is possible to change the OSD Background Fill position?

[​IMG]

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Any news/info on the final release of RTSS 7.0.0 + AB?

5. Unwinder

Don't think that there will be special option in GUI for that, it's not a traditional representation way of total CPU usage. However, I can add configuration file switch for displaying maximum core CPU usage instead of average.

6. Glide

Glide Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Well it would be average + maximum that I'd want to display, since that gives a good indication of how it's affecting performance without having to display all cores on-screen.
    E.g. 70% average 80% maximum indicates that the game is demanding but well-threaded.
    20% average 95% maximum indicates that the game performance is likely dependent on one or two main threads.
    20% average and 25% maximum indicates that the game is generally not CPU-bound.
    Just one of those values does not give us a good idea of performance.

Perhaps an option for color-coding CPU values would be a better solution.
    It's just that when you have 16+ cores, you start having to hunt around to find where the high CPU usage is, and see if it's just one or two threads with high CPU usage or not.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  7. Unwinder

Adding one more CPU usage related graph and having simultaneous average + maximum CPU usage display graphs is not something I could add fast and easily, sorry. So if maximum core usage display instead of average is not an option, I'd prefer to leave it as is.
    Alarm thresholds and color coding CPU values is already available for OSD.

8. Unwinder

All

There is known issue with latest Gears of war 4 patch (which introduces DX12 explicit multi-GPU support). Multi-GPU implementation of this game is currently not compatible with RTSS OSD and it will crash on SLI/CF systems if OSD is enabled.

9. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    I'm a little bit rusty with AB/RTSS so forgive my dumb question.
    In this new RTSS version it is possible to dynamically change colors based on alarm thresholds?
    Let's say I have green color for CPU and when it reach a certain value automatically change to yellow/red/whatever?

10. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    short: Yes :)

11. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Gosh, I'm so old.

I'll try new version ASAP.

Thx man. :thumbup:

12. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI

So is beta 7 safe to use or no?

13. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    True but if you close AF run the game and then alt+tab and enable it again it works just fine no crashes this on 4.4.0 beta 7 and Rtss 21

cheers

14. Unwinder

New betas are available:

RTSS 7.0.0 beta 22:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup700Beta22.rar

- Improved compatibility with D3D12 application using mixed single GPU and explicit multi-GPU rendering scenarions. Currently the only game
    with such rendering behaviors is Gears of War 4 (with latest multi-GPU patch), it is dynamically switching between single GPU swapchains (during loading the scenes) and
    AFR swapchans (during gameplay/menus).

MSI AB 4.4.0 beta 8 (includes RTSS 7.0.0 beta 22):

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta8.rar

- Added voltage control for TITAN Xp
    - Now MSI AB display framerate/frametime in OSD itself instead of allowing RTSS to do it, if you define a threshold on framerate or frametime
    graph. The feature is implemented to synchronize OSD color alarm indication with actual OSD framerate/frametime refresh rate. Please take a note
    that in this case RTSS settings related to framerate/frametime refresh and output customization are being ignored, and independent per-application framerate/frametime display support is not available (i.e. you won't be able to see independent framerates in each 3D application OSD if you run multiple 3D applications simultaneously).
    - Now you can store hardware monitoring settings in profile slots and dynamically switch between multiple OSD configurations in realtime with hotkeys! New settings are controllable via "Profiles" tab, where you can select desired profile contents (only hardware settings, only monitoring settings or both). Profile related monitoring module settings includes hardware polling rate, active monitoring graphs list, graphs order and graph specific settings.

15. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    thank u

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Nice, thanks! :thumbup:

17. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    wow that hardware monitoring profile sounds really useful, thank you for adding it. I am going to test it now :D

18. Enclose

Enclose Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    So i tried to add the FH3 .exe to the 7.0.0 Beta 19 RTSS for better Frametimes and a Framerate Cap but i cant access the .exe. Im getting blocked, is there any way i can access this?

Thanks!

19. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Are you getting blocked because it's a UWP app in the protected folder? Have you tried to creating an exclusion by holding <shift> while adding a new profile Have you tried holding <ctrl> to create a profile while the app is running? There are workarounds in the software documentation.

20. Unwinder

New card just landed here, I'm starting working on implementing support for it. Hardcore overclocking and overvoltage fans should be happy because... there is no more "triple overvoltage" support. That's everything I can say now, so read between the lines ;)