AMD Driver DLLs Repository and Performance Survey

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrMinisterGR, May 30, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    17.4.3 DLL are up.

I actually don't know that. I believe it needs a custom driver package and a digital signature on top.

2. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
  3. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    17.5.1 DLL are up

4. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    It doesnt work for me.
    Im using the 17.1.2 drivers because they run Forza Horizon 3 and TW 08 great on my rig but any drivers newer break/cause bugs in those two games that i play.
    So i put the 17.3.3 DLLs in the mass Effect Andromeda folder and i do not get the same performance increase in Mass Effect Andromeda that I do if i install the whole 17.3.3/17.5.1 driver packages.
    So I'm stuck having to choose between keeping my drivers updated and which games run best on which drivers....and yeah,it sucks.

Of course,It's easy enough to test for yourself.

EDIT: I got it to work...This works for me.
    1: I downloaded and extracted the 17.1.2 drivers. (the ones I know work fine with my older DX games)
    2: I downloaded and extracted the 17.5.1 drivers. (or just grab the dll files from here of course)
    3: I replaced only the relevant dll files needed for Mass Effect Andromeda optimizations in the 17.1.2 drivers with the newer/optimized dll files that were contained in the 17.5.1 drivers.
    aticfx32.dll - aticfx64.dll - atidxx32.dll - atidxx64.dll
    (they are located in the packages/drivers/display/WT6A_INF/Bxxxxxx folder)
    4: I then did a clean install of my "newly modified" 17.1.2 drivers.

I now have perfectly working older DX9 games as before AND I have the newer performance optimizations for Mass Effect Andromeda.

Last edited: May 12, 2017

5. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That means that you're basically replacing DX10-12 with the one from 17.1.2 for the whole system.

6. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    It's the only way i seem to be able to get the Mass Effect Andromeda optimizations to work for me.
    Just copying the dlls to the MassEffectAndromeda.exe folder doesn't give me any fps increase, while doing it the other way gives me a 10-15fps performance increase in MEA.
    Can anyone verify that they get the performance increase in MEA by just copying the dlls to the MassEffectAndromeda.exe folder? Ive tested it many times and it just doesn't work for me. (i wish it did)

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Unfortunatelly I don't have the time to revert the driver right now.
    Btw, the 17.5.2 DLL are up.

8. Bleed

Bleed Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 480/8 GB
    So is there anywhere I can see the results of these tests? What are the better drivers for Rise of the Tomb Raider, for example?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the results, just not enough testing, no Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I tried using some earlier DX9 packs with SWTOR and discovered the .dll's were being ignored. I was able to delete them during gameplay, which tells me they were not in use.

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So the game probably uses hardcoded paths for it, which would align perfectly with the quality of its development history :nerd:

The 17.6.1 DLL are up.

11. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Had a very weird experience.

Wanted to play DOOM with Vulkan. With 17.6.1, the game wouldn't boot whenever Vulkan renderer was selected. Verifying game cache didn't help. Clean install of the latest 17.6.2 drivers didn't yield any difference either. Then I looked at the logs it wanted to submit and saw something regarding Vulkan-1.dll being involved. I downloaded an older Version of Vulkan-1.dll and voila, game works. I found this very weird.

BTW, the Vulkan API dynamic link libraries that are available here is missing the most important Vulkan-1.dll which comes in two flavors, a x86 and an x64 one, found in SysWOW64 and System32 folders, respectively.

I'll appreciate if if someone can download the Vulkan-1.dll from previous AMD drivers, as the Vulkan-1.dll I currently have is a year old almost.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    vulkan-1.dll and vulkaninfo.exe (And version specific copies of them.) are from the Vulkan runtime and not the drivers, AMD's Vulkan driver .dll is instead called amdvlk .dll :)

If you want to try the latest 1.0.51.0 runtime you can get it here:
    VulkanRT.rar
    http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/Q5CY6B8j/file.html

I just update these manually via the full SDK from:
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/1.0.51.0/windows/release_notes-1.0.html
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows

AMD is still bundling 1.0.39.1 in their drivers though going by the release notes the 1.0.51.0 runtime has a new AMD extension so they are working on the API even if the current drivers use a older version, runtime is also backwards compatible.
    (As for Nvidia I think their current Vulkan beta branch driver uses the earlier 1.0.49.0 runtimes.)

As for Vulkan games I currently only have Serious Sam Fusion to test against, they recently switched to the 1.0.49.0 SDK so it makes for a pretty up to date testing environment for Vulkan though the API implementation is considered beta, as is Fusion itself but it's getting pretty complete now with only Talos Principle remaining to be ported to the new engine platform.

EDIT: Also I tend to uninstall old Vulkan runtimes as they otherwise stack, you should only require the latest but I don't think having multiples will conflict but I'm not 100% sure. :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  13. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Google DOOM Vulkan Crashfix and see the results pile up.

The Vulkan Runtime bundled with 17.6.2 is 1.5.0 and it doesn't help prevent DOOM from Crashing at startup.

Using an older version of Vulkan-1.dll alongside the executable fixes things immediately. The amdvk.dll and it's different versions doesn't do anything. The Vulkan-1.dll runtime is what matters, and when creating such a repository, I feel that the exclusion of the runtime dll makes the Vulkan section incomplete.

The latest Vulkan Runtime doesn't fix anything.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    @PrMinisterGR

Please give me .dll for WattMan (Best compatibility will be with 17.7.1 whql)
    I might have a solution for new 17.7.2 not OCing problems :D on some GPUs
    We need only dll for OC or dlls for entire Wattman.

THX

15. Y0!

Y0! Active Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    Laptop, Intel HD 3000 + Radeon 6770M.
    I tried the 14.4 files (DX9) and CS:GO doesn't work, it starts Steam, then the black screen appears for a couple of seconds, then it comes back to the desktop and csgo.exe stays in the process list forever. I put atiumd64.dll and atiumdag.dll in \Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive where csgo.exe was, then - where Steam.exe was, in both cases it's all the same.

Is there any possibility that you shared files for the desktop PCs and that they differ from the files for laptops ("mobility")? Here's the link to 14.4 mobility: copy-paste it to your download manager.

P.S. I also tried to put DX9, OCL and OGL files from 14.12 to \Futuremark\3DMark06 but looks like 3DMark06 didn't care about them at all, because I always get a huge performance drop with every driver newer than 14.8, but this time I got the same fps/results in 3DMark06 as with 14.8 that is installed at the moment.

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hey guys, I'm sorry, I'm in the middle of a big move right now and I won't be able to update this properly for at least another month.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    NP, do you can upload at last new ones?
    17.7.2 -> i will do something then in reg. of OC :)

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Where we can find vulkan-1.dll from 17.1.2 or other?
    I have on 17.8.1 & 17.8.2
    Was solid rock 70FPS all the time, now i have 42-70 fluctuations !

UPD.
    Now i know, it's WattMan + Chill lolZ
    THX to freesync i can't see much of a difference :cool:

But i want to revert Vulcan to Older ver.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    How to Fix FPS in DOOM Vulcan ?

You need Vulcan drv. 1.0.37
    and ATI Drv. 1.0.41

Here files and HowTo:
    (now i have 70FPS all't'time)
    -> My Mega Storage:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  20. Xylber

Xylber Guest

GPU:
    HD7750
    I'm gettings huge boosts on Unreal Engine 3 games using the mining drivers dlls (using both Dx9 and DX10/11):

aticfx32.dll
    aticfx64.dll
    atidxx32.dll
    atidxx64.dll
    atiumd64.dll
    atiumdag.dll