Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.4 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Apr 27, 2017.

1. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    Hi,

Is there an another 390x owner here, and does wattman saves overclocking settings ?

Rgrds,

Ld

2. Pholostan

Pholostan Guest

GPU:
    390X 8GB
    I just tried with my 390X, and nope, no go. As per the release notes under known issues, it doesn't work.

3. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    thanks for your feedbqck.

I had some spoirs, since they only wrote "may" and not fully confirmed.

4. mikstra

mikstra Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 470 4GB
    I have VSR problem, all resolutions appear fine in desktop display settings but do not in any game settings (the ones higher than native). Every 17.4 driver behaved the same. I just reverted to 17.3.3 that has VSR working fine everywhere without any hassle. I hope they fix this thing, i did send a report but eh.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Holy hell. What kind of scaling do you get?

They seem to improve them, but they're braking their old stuff at the same time. The only indication I have for that is CEMU, which is cross platform and I bet that AMD doesn't have a profile for. Everything past 17.4 seems to give me zero artifacts and better performance. Haven't tried any "normal" games yet.

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Still artifacts with some DX12 titles. I can't enjoy my HITMAN elite. FU amd. Reverted to the most stable driver until today. 17.2.1 whql 28 feb

After 16.11.5 the next stuck driver is 17.2.1. WTF is AMD doing? Are they idiots? Ryzen is not gonna save their software engineers neither vega.

Outside there are tons of developers and programmers. Maybe it's the best time for new recruits. Enough with these trash packages.

7. feegus

feegus Guest

GPU:
    Rx 480
    The Division is CTD with most newer drivers for me. Should I roll all the way back to the WHQL 16.4.2 for my 480?

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Indeed.

At least you don't have a GCN 1.0 Crossfire system where having ULPS enabled (which it is by default when installing a new driver) will cause Windows 10 to crash on restart/full shutdown and can corrupt your Windows Update/Windows Installation irrepairably if there are any Windows Updates pending installation (unless you reinstall Windows) unless you take care to disable crossfire and ULPS manually right after installing the driver before you reboot (which is required to finish the driver installation...), which has started with the 16.7.3 driver in July last year (16.7.2 is the last one without the issue) and still hasn't been resolved... ;)

Seriously, though, AMD's driver division needs to get their act together, especially supporting the non-current generation of products.
    Unfortunately, the grass isn't much greener on the Nvidia side of driver development either. It's a sad state the software industry is in. Pick your poison, I guess.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That makes little sense, the RX 580 is a rebranded RX 480 with some minor efficiency improvements, there is nothing architecturally that would allow for a 7 percent boost over the RX 480 at the same clock speed. This is unless they're now going to hold back the performance of the 400 series, but I see no point. There aren't going to be too many people going from a 480 to a 580, they like me will be holding out for when the major architectural improvements of Vega make it to upper mainstream cards (which the 480 and 580 are). I'm surprised they didn't include some of the new tech from Vega in the 500 series, it would have helped significantly. There are a one or two architectural improvements in Vega that could have easily been applied to a polaris update. I guess they are holding these out for the 600 series.

10. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    I might have found a clue about what causes the FH3 issues, seems like a memory leak somewhere. With 17.4.4 I was experiencing stuttering and missing road textures sometimes, much like running out of ram although it was at 9GB usage. The committed memory however was almost 21GB (having 16GB ram, the rest was messing with the page file). After installing 17.2.1 the RAM stayed the same while the committed is now around 16GB which makes the game play well although it's still too much compared to the 8-9GB it shows being used from RAM.

11. AMDMan2016

AMDMan2016 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1660 Super
    I spent days and hours reconfiguring my Windows 10 Creators system, couldn't figure out why 2 Programs kept giving Directx failed to Initilize please install correct video driver for your card, I had 17.4.4 in or so it said

2 Clean Installs
    1 System reset
    Finally was like fine i'll try 17.4.1, and low and behold holding in working status right now

And Techically still not done configuring a lot more to install yet

What the Heck AMD do after 17.4.1 with the darn drivers, so many unnecessary writes to my SSD drive, not to mention my high blood pressure going on, plus dealing with newly diagnosed liver problems, I don't need this aggravation

Card I'm using is R7 240

(if I could afford a newer one, i'd get a newer one and new power supply for my AMD FX 8310 8 core system)

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Report it directly to ATI/AMD :nerd:

13. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Anyone else has problem with VSR and custom resolution? If I add custom resolution and I don't change anything. I just press save&exit then I lose 4K VSR. Is that normal? And I if I want 4K VSR back I have to uninstall display drivers and reinstall. Restoring default settings does not get it back.

14. Pholostan

Pholostan Guest

GPU:
    390X 8GB
    I tried the API Overhead bench in 3dmark, haven't run that for a month or so. I get a higher score for Vulkan now than for Dx12. Earlier Vulkan was always 1M+ draw calls behind Dx12. Vulkan is not leading by much though, and I get some inconsistent numbers too (Vulkan runs on the second GPU with no screen output when Crossfire is enabled for example). They're both well behind the old Mantle scores ofc, Mantle scored like 23M while Dx12 and Vulkan is like 18-18.5M.

15. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    I've noticed a few times now the clock of the GPU stays in 3d mode after watching videos or playing games, even though the memory clock itself drops back down to 150mhz........ Anybody know why?

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    17.5.1 Prey Driver tomorrow probably!?

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hopefully and while the year.month.release # numbering doesn't really bring much or mean much I do hope there's some further driver fixes in general and hopefully one day they can migrate over the missing CCC2 things to CNext/Crimson and remove the little legacy part of the RadeonSettings altogether.
    (Meaning actually bring over, not remove or hide in the registry or whatever.)

They will have to fix that downclock or low-speed lock issue with some of the GCN GPU models too the sooner the better though it's already been a while now.

Not really sure what AMD is focusing on currently aside from probably readying Vega and probably fine tuning the 400 and 500 series GPU models a bit further though.

Guess we'll just have to see what will be in the release notes for the next driver release.

Fixing the known ReLive issues would be nice rather than just copy/pasting said known issues into the next driver release notes although I don't use ReLive myself but known issues are there to eventually be fixed no?

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    As a Tahiti user, to a Hawaii user:

[​IMG]

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    LOL! The amount of times I got the UVD bug with a 7870 under 17.4.4, even with 3D accel on browser disabled, has been greater than usual.

20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null