Call of Duty: WWII reveal trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Activision has officially revealed the next part in the Call of Duty series. Call of Duty: WWII will be released on November 3rd. Call of Duty: WWII follows a famous group of soldiers, the 1st Infantr...

Call of Duty: WWII reveal trailer

2. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    Looks like i maybe will start playing cod again, unless they figure some way to strap a rocket pack to a ww2 soldier to have him jump all over the place and run the walls..

3. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I was genuinely interested until I saw the end: it's Murrica campain, I'm not interested.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Over the years I've become what one might call a COD hater (my last was Black Ops 1), but when I found out about this I genuinely had a spark of hope for this franchise (from my pov). After seeing the trailer I still am kind of optimistic, but we'll have to see.

I'm a sucker for WW2 though and this could really bring back some old players like me, IF they play their cards right. But knowing Activision, nah, probably not gonna happen...

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    What's with the terrible Facial Expressions/Animations in games these days?

6. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    +1, it's a bit cringey :/

At least the first CoDs put a lot of emphasis on the Soviet and British campaigns... I'd love to see one from the PoV of Germany / Japan

7. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    There is an interesting book of German soldiers account of D-day called "D Day Through German Eyes". Video games would lose a lot of interest if they actually portray the butt leaking fear most soldiers felt.

Most Germans were awe struck by the unlimited resources the American force had. rolling into territories without regard for food and fuel...appearing much more rested and invigorated. Propaganda and metal is what generally won the battles but, we play for the short stories that we want to experience. Not many would want to experience the true WWII that was rarely reported...in the news and history books alike.

8. mattm4

mattm4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6900xt
    Eh, I give up on COD. Once they spend time making a new engine.. I may reconsider. But if this is what the consumers want... Well more power to them.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed.

Since Crysis 3 i failed to be impressed.

10. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Exactly my thoughts: Imagine starting the campaign as a German conquering land and countries, ending it with Americans arriving at Berlin...that would be ****ing epic! (Including at least Russian and British in the middle for variety).

11. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    I think there is a misconception that the Germans were like viking barbarians. Its just not as primal an experience as most would believe. Their psychological motivation was lead by grandiose propaganda and an even more grandiose punishment for standing against the narcissism of the Reich.

Most were fighting because they had to consider the consequence. Plus, why would killing farmers, kids, women and terrorizing sound like something you want to experience out of the ***** movement?

12. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    $60 U.S. for basic game, $100 for game, season pass and "special" weapons. The era has my interest. I will have to see what they actually bring to the table before plopping down my Christmas money. Disappointing that they chose to show just eye candy for their reveal. Past has taught me that the more eye candy shown before release of game= yawn. Hope they get it right, I do enjoy WW2 games when done right. Fingers crossed.

13. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    That's actually something that could be very interesting - at least to me - to see from a german perspective.

14. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Nice looking 2008 graphics.

15. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I feel like I've played this game already. Nothing new here except shiny gfx.

16. Incredible Lama

Incredible Lama Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    Exactly this. There is so much potential but...
    "whooh whooh ***** bad diz games promotes racism whooh"
    -every store front and angry mom.

lolwhut?

17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    there were prototype ***** rocket packs, so who knows.

Ever play Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII? they had some interesting things in there.

The games created by Sledgehammer Studios are not using the IW engine that Activision and Treyarch uses, so in that regards i'm not sure what more you want.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    That trailer looked cool to me/ yea fingers crossed on this one...