MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Why not?

2. LordHyena

LordHyena Member

GPU:
    4xGTX
    @Unwinder thanks, just check in advance

3. fatherkius

fatherkius Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 GeForceĀ® GTX 1070 EX
    Hi there, I have Windows 10 Creators Update and I have just downloaded Riva Tuner 7.0.0 Beta 19 from Guru3D . It works perfectly and I love the new letters, although they might me a litte bit big. Is there any way to make them smaller?

I've tested this version with Tom Clancy's The Division and I have the same problem that I quoted some time ago, that only happens when DirectX12 is enabled ingame and when I have Rivatuner opened, if it's closed, everything works fine. I know you are working in other things, but it would be cool if you could take a look to the reason of these game crashes and fix it for future versions.

4. Unwinder

And that's not RTSS issue. It was previously discussed and I've absolutely nothing to add to it.

5. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Have a look: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5423412&postcount=313

6. fatherkius

fatherkius Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 GeForceĀ® GTX 1070 EX
    Thanks for your fast replays guys. I have tested b21 version but I keep having the same problems I quoted before. I've unistalled Riva Tuner and let MSI Afterburner opened to see if like I was thinking there is some kind of incompatibility with The Division in DX12 and RivaTuner. MSI Afterburner without RivaTuner worked perfectly with the game on DX12. However, when I use RivaTuner i start getting these problems.

I don't wanna disturb anyone, I'm just trying to help. I guess I can let my Uplay account for testing it if needed, but it would be awesome if someone else have it to test it.

PD: As far as I know The Division doesn't use EAC , because if not the game would instantly crash and wouldn't work with DX11 perfectly.

7. Unwinder

8. Unwinder

I think I see compromise solution, which can give you more readable alarm indication for framerate/frametime graphs without moving threshold processing from AB to RTSS side. Enabling a threshold either for framerate or for frametime graph may disable displaying those counters by RTSS itself and show the data from AB graphs instead. But there will be limitations: in this case it will be impossible to see each application's framerate/frametime if you're running multiple 3D apps simultaneously, RTSS framerate refresh interval settings will be ignored, RTSS integer/FP framerate representation settings will be ignored.

9. Glide

Glide Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    When I set the label for an item in Afterburner as "CPU 0-4" RTSS only displays this as "CPU 0" in the OSD.

10. Unwinder

Seems like you're on beta 6, AB 4.4.0 Beta 7 should display such group properly.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  12. Glide

Glide Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Ah you're right, I missed the beta 7 post. Though I was up to date.
    Now I just have to figure out if there's a way to format it with subscript like it was in beta 6.

13. Unwinder

Subscript formatting is applied to CPU/GPU indices for default group name only, where I know how to interpret the text. For custom group names you may embed formatting tags directly into group name override text, for subscript style in modern OSD layout it would be "CPU <S0>0-4<S>".
    Custom color for group names (or even parts of names) can be defined similar way, e.g. "<C=FF0000>C<C=FF00>P<C=FF>U<C>" will display CPU with red "C", green "P" and blue "U".

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  14. Glide

Glide Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Thanks. That's looking really good now.
    Is it possible to set up custom graph overlays with Afterburner?
    I would really like to have a GPU usage graph - or better yet, CPU and GPU usage overlaid on the same graph.
    I'm less concerned about frametimes, and more concerned about the GPU being under-utilized in games.

15. eddward

eddward Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 GAMING X
    Sorry if already mentioned here, but looks like Uplay is not working with the latest RTSS betas. OSD is working but I can not access Uplay from the game. Is this expected ? Is this issue related to EAC or something different ? Recently I upgraded to Win 10 CU, updated Uplay and RTSS, so not sure.
    Working only if detection level is none.

16. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    EAC needs to whitelist RTSS. The most recent version of RTSS that works with EAC protected games is 6.6.0. 7.0.0 is still in active development and will probably not be submitted for whitelist until it goes public.

17. Glide

Glide Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    I don't know if feature requests should be posted here, but it occurred to me that I usually have Afterburner set up to display all CPU cores as well as the average CPU usage.
    However what's actually most relevant to game performance is often the highest core usage.

If I'm displaying all 16 CPUs, I'm usually looking at them to see what the highest value is.
    A "highest core usage" monitor that always displays the highest current value would be really useful to have.

Being able to color-code a range of values might also be useful too, so higher core usage could be set to appear darker than low core usage, or perhaps change color based on certain thresholds.
    I'm not sure how you would configure that though.

18. LordHyena

LordHyena Member

GPU:
    4xGTX
    Hey! Guys, i need help. Here is any way to get wider the "Display fill" ?

Code:
    i.imgur.com/fPlkDR6.jpg
    Maybe possible to change something, in the \RivaTuner Statistics Server\Profile Templates ??

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  19. LordHyena

LordHyena Member

GPU:
    4xGTX
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  20. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Didn't try or verify, but maybe it has something to do with: