Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Apr 12, 2017.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I haven't overclocked my card, but what you said here led me to underclock my card by 20MHz... just to see what happens.

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    The issue I am having is to do with something not officially supported.
    So I am not mad at AMD for the bug in the first place. Just an annoyance I have to deal with when it happens.

Id rather deal with this, then no downsampling or monitor overclocking on my 21:9.

No one actually knows how tickled I am that I have 3840x1600 70hz working on my Fury with 0 21:9 VSR support.

3. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    To be more specific, the voltage is what triggers the issue faster for me. When everything is at stock, the issue happens, but rarely. +6 and +13mV, the issue remains uncommon. At +19mV, somewhat common in very intensive games. +25mV and over it becomes more and more common. +50mV is basically an instant loss of signal.

So if you test underclocking, make sure you reduce both mhz and core voltage.

4. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    Hi,

Can someone who owns some ID Tech 5 games like (RAGE, Wolfenstein New Order /Old Blood) check something for me pls :) ?

Im on Creators Update + 17.4.2 and can't even start Old Blood or RAGE.

Game mode disabled. After clicking on exe, process just launch and exits.

Looks like something in OpenGL changed, but putting older atioglxx.dll in game dir does nothing.

Please confirm, if just me or some bug in 17.4.2.
    If i remember correctly on 17.4.1 it worked.

Im on R9 290.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

For me Wolf OB don't work with 17.4.2 i have installed old trusty 17.1.2 WHQL
    All games rock solid stable and with Great FPS (game mode OFF)

BTW in 3D marks this one is one of the Best :)

6. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    My 390 was randomly doing 100% fan at 25C yesterday afternoon, also running at full clocks when nothing was running besides Windows Desktop. Very odd!

Started up fine this morning, currently 38% at 33C.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I made a custom profile in gpu tweak, lowered the voltage slightly and the power target slightly and raised the max temperature by 10 degrees to 70 instead of 60.. and put the frequency back to default.... *crosses fingers this works* haha..

I'm not very knowledgeable with overclocking...

[​IMG]

*edit*

Everything working fine so far.. Mass Effect is running great *___*

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  8. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Been having the same problem (off/on/signal loss) for the better part of the last year, since I've upgraded to my VTX3d 290.

It was becoming more and more frequent with oc+voltage increase, to the point that I was unable to go over 1050MHzcore even when I changed the stock cooler with the Arctic Accelero IV (core temp<70oC@100% use).

Tried over 40(!) official/unofficial/custom vBIOSs, bought better/more expensive HDMI/DP cables etc.

What was funny was that the driver/game/bench didn't crash...it was there on the background, working normally.

Long story short, undervolt+overclock!

Right now, I'm managing a healthy 1120core/1300mem (something is wrong with the Hynix chips) with the stock BIOS, Core Voltage @-31mV, Power@0% (MSI AB, no problems whatsoever with every Crimson release).

Started @stock timings, -75mV(!!!), 0%P (completely stable) and it took me about a week to find the "golden ratio".

Give it a try.

9. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    On one hand I'm relieved to find out other people have this issue and that I have more info on it. On the other hand, I'm worried as it means the issue is with AMD itself, and if I upgrade to a different AMD card, I risk encountering this issue once again.

Edit: The 390, by default is at I believe 1000 core clock. My MSI was sold at 1060hz, with my default at the default 0 I can push it to 1100. 1110 gives me small visual glitches. It's nice that I can still get some good performance out of it, but I have doubts AMD will fix this issue (as its been going on for a while, from what I saw) and it seems rare. I'm not sure how to get it to their attention. (I've filed bug reports on it before)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  10. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    It's not an AMD issue, methinks.

As far as it concerns my VTX card, it's just a matter of poor (crappy) design-implementation regarding hardware/vBIOS.

What is true about AMD's stock releases is that they tend to overvolt anything (CPU-GPU BIOSs).

3rd party solutions usually just keep the same general guidelines (my FX runs@4800MHz@1.38V@manual...auto BIOS applied the same voltage@4.2GHz), without any further tweaking-research, just to be safe.

Regarding my 290, should I keep it after coming September (small VEGA, I'm looking at U!), I'm gonna strip it completely naked and re-apply thermal paste and use custom thermal pads for the VRMs and the mem modules. Hopefully, that will allow me to o/c the Vmem as well.

11. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I dunno. The thing is, our cards are meant to work as-is, as they are out of the box. Personally I was lucky compared to others, some people have the issue often at stock settings. I personally had it very rarely at stock settings and it only became common with a bit of voltage.

But we've seen the issue with a VTX3d card, an Asus card, and my MSI card. It does seem like the issue is AMD, don't know if its the hardware or something strange in the drivers. The best possible scenario would be if we could get AMD themselves to investigate it and find out why this happened. At the very least, it wouldn't happen in the future. There wouldn't be need for users to undervolt their cards.

12. Asmirae

Asmirae New Member

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 Core Edition
    It seems they partially broke their OpenGL driver. Quake3/RTCW working ok, but Rage crashes immediately after launch with error in atioglxx.dll..

Also OpenGL Extension Viewer shows many missing entry points in OpenGL report.

13. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    Well my 50 cents.

here on crossfire 390x sapphire.

after installing, deinstalling, rolling back to 17.4.1; then 17.3.3 , and 17.3.2, I am forced to say the most stable on my side is 17.3.2 .

17.3.3 meet a lot of issue regarding 2nd card detection.

17.4.1 and 17.4.2 I have some abnormal framedrop on benchmark or game , especially in rift, which I do not meet with 17.3.3 and 17.3.2.

last but not least, 17.3.2 gives to me the best result, except that wattman settings are restored to default after a PC restart, but only on the primary graphic cards.

LD

14. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    r9 390 stutter on fullscreen flash player video

15. fish

fish Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 XT
    What OS are you using?

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Guys, you can almost forget RadeonPro with the Creators Update and 17.4.2. WDDM 2.2 seems to break it when games run in full screen. DAI and Witcher 3 just stay stuck in a black screen that I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out of.

17. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    Anyone having trouble getting Relive working at all after creators update?
    I've reinstalled the drivers and it's still not working.

18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    RIP RadeonPro

19. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    I guess RadeonPro finally shows it's age. :(

EDIT: Passus beat me to it :p

20. ldwar