AMD Driver DLLs Repository and Performance Survey

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrMinisterGR, May 30, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    17.3.1 DLL are up.

2. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    17.3.2 DLL are up.

3. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    17.3.3 DLL up.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    I'm currently using WHQL 17.2.1, because Freesync is not working on anything newer. Can i use DDLs for 17.3.3 using this older driver?

EDIT: For example, if i drop the 17.3.3 DLLs for the optimizations in Mass Effect Andromeda directory, will it work? I want the improved driver support for the game, but I do not want to sacrifice Freesync for it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017

5. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    Anyone have any luck using older dlls with ESO? I've tried putting just about every combination of the dx10-12 dlls from the 16.11 builds in the eso64.exe directory, but no grass flicker fix. If I had to guess, its not hooking the dlls.

"\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client" <---directory

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That should be the folder, though you could try the x64 or x86 sub-folders as a alternative but it might be set up to only use the Windows folder?
    (That or it's some other .dll that is causing the issue but that's probably not very likely, has to be the D3D10+ driver .dll file no?)

7. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    It should be---the game defaults to DX11 unless you specifically tell it to run in DX9 mode only, but I tried the DX9 dlls just to make sure, no change.

It could be that being an MMO with anti-cheat stuff that it wont automatically hook a foreign dll in the exe directory?

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's a Windows core function though. Hm... That sounds weird. Unfortunately I don't play ESO. Have you tried turning of Surface Format Optimization?

As for checking the 17.3.3 optimizations for Andromeda, just drop the DLL where the actual executables of the game reside.

9. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    I didnt actually try that surface format opt option yet....global or specific profile for game?

10. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    what windows build are you on?

and can you force for example "Optimize 1x1" on ESO64.exe and have the game actually fully load?

i have tested 10+ drivers so far, and it seems CF was broken some time back you cannot force cf for no cf games using the old "enable cf for non profile games" ticker anymore and have it work, current and former amd driver test team members said this has been around longer then we have likely noticed reported with the 16.x branch, then the wattman issues for 290/390 series users...just total ****..total and utter ****...

they had several members quit and defect to the green team because, there are to this day bugs that are well over a year old, that they havent fixed....like the inability to force cf on for non-cf titles...(i even tried this by just updating the driver not the cp...still didnt work, and optimize 1x1 or afr modes still lead to eso locking up on load(requires a reboot to kill the exe..) yet 15.xx.x drivers....all work fine, can force cf profiles...i just notice my temps are still buggered as they where after the 7.x.x install i did when several people said the update fixed their wattman issues....(only to find, it didnt, and cf cannot be used with eso, dirtybomb, or several other games that it works perfectly with on older drivers....)

11. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    Oh, ESO doesnt even use CF (by default)---I *was* able to force it on, but it just introduced new hitches, so I left CF off. In hindsight, a single 290x (8gb) seems to be more than enough to power the gpu required part of the game, even at max settings (@ 1080p res). The problem with plummeting framerates normally seems to be terrible engine multithreading (i.e. fast single-thread Intel cpus still own for this game), as per a lot of MMOs, which would not be helped by a working CF profile. For example, on a system with an identical cpu (4790K @ 4.4) and a GTX1080SC, the game runs almost exactly the same, framerate wise, with the expected framerate drops in certain areas. 1080 is an order of magnitude more powerful than 290x in just about any possible situation, so its almost certainly entirely due to single thread cpu performance.

The current issue with ESO is grass flickering and some occasional sky corruption with the 17.3.x drivers, crossfire off. But yes, I was able to force CF on with the 17.3.3 build (both AFR friendly and OPT 1x1) just no luck with hooking the older dlls to fix the grass/sky corruption.

Either that or it IS hooking the older dlls and the problem lies elsewhere...

(btw Windows 10 x64, ver 14393.969)

12. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    i have had eso since pre-launch, actually the 32bit exe is recognized though i didnt check if cf kicked in by default, the 64bit, it dosnt know **** about..

im guessing its AMD + the next RTM build of windows(im on what everybody will be upgraded to in a month or so)

also, testing with 7.2.1 wattman is still buggered with or without ddu, grass flickers badly, cards run hotter then they did before i installed the 7.3.3...leading me to think ddu dosnt catch all the leftovers the drivers leave behind..

i mean NOTHING has changed, i even reflashed my cards bios to see if that would help....didnt help...

seen reports and a few by people i have known for over a decade, with dead 390 and 290 cards that we strongly suspect died thanks to wattman bugs.....since they where running great and not being abused at all(neither of them ever oc their videocards, and both clean the coolers regularly...)

im gonna try rolling back to the 16.11.5's again, and see how that goes.....since windows even with video driver update disabled keep forcing me into the 16.6 from the 15.11+12's (had full ccc and cnext!!!)

13. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    I've actually had several 2xx series cards (long story), and they've all been rather durable, its just as usual, the AMD driver situation often has me banging my head against the wall. But no hardware failures. Sapphire and XFX models.

They do seem to at least be throwing more driver updates our way in the past year---before that it was desolate for a long time.

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I find it amazing that I'm still getting performance improvements on hardware this old. BTW, the 17.4.1 DLL are up, with what I can suspect is Vega support.

15. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    but, do they fix wattman on the 290/390? :p

and, i tried tossing dll's into eso with 17.x drivers, they dont load... reshade works fine....under 16.11.5 dll's seem to load fine(testet the 15.12 and they actually gave slightly better perf in eso (was mostly wanting to see if using it would make frame limiter work when it wont under anything above 15.12 (for me at least) with eso without causing a black screen lock when the games using 630-640mb ram.... (weird..) and you have to reset the drivers to kill the process....

i pulled my 2nd 290x tested each, no matter what i do, since installing the 7.3.3 driver...the card runs quite a bit hotter and overheats/artifacts now... -25mv 1000mhz 1250 ram, still quickly ramps to 70 range then i get artifacts then driver reset...and it was the cooler running card, the other card..never goes above 65c core and 47c vrm...and, its back on the +25mv(stock for both cards i got..hell their asciis' where nearly identical...) 1075/1375, and the cards 100% stable, no heat issues, no artifacts....not sure how a driver can cause that but...seen it happen rarely to cards from both companies in all the years i been geeking.....sadly, my cards a sapphire and so, theres zero point requesting an rma for estimation on repair costs...(most companies other then sapphire i have delt with, will after some back and forth let you rma a card/board and either charge you a fee for "Repair" and just send you a referb, or repair it and send it back....even had xfx upgrade me once and pay to ship back a card that was acting very very odd....the rep said he sent the card to nvidia and apparently they put out a bios update vendors could apply to cards that had the issue...

anyway...I got a 1070 coming, mostly because....i twill give me vey close to my crossife perf, at a small fraction of the power, without having to deal with the driver issues amd dont seem to care to address...(god, i dont miss the uvd bug with my dual 7870 cards...drove me crazy....and its still a bug...not fixed....ugggg)

i wont be going anti-amd, and, in a few years if they have something worth upgrading to videocard wise....i will grab one...but, the 1070 i ordered, the Zotec mini....has 5 year warranty....thats pretty damn good, hell of alot better then sapphire and the crap they pulled so they wouldnt have to replace the fans my my 290x (one fell the **** off the card. just the fan part of the fan though...fell the **** off....) delay it so im out of warr by the time AM gets the rma request...fml....

i got a couple friends who need videocard upgrades...probably sell them both my cards, the great one, and the buggered up one fairly cheap....i still got a 7770 i paid 60bucks for as a backup card..(reason i got it...it can connect all 3 of my monitors...)

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Yeah, I feel you. It seems that despite Wattman support, the damn UVD bug is still here after watching some Netflix.

17. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    Yup was there when i had my 7870ghz oc edition dual-x mini cards(small little cards cards...) they have never really addressed it...not sure they even admit its really a problem...on amd's own forums, we got told it was 100% PEKAC much as a few people over there do now...its like the nVidia section here and on most sites.....any problems are developers faults...never driver devs or chip makers.....(best was the FX line and all the people mad that not even Id or Valve would do the kind of optimization the fx line needed to really shine....to much bloody work..)

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The AMD community forum is on par with a YouTube comment section.

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    17.4.2 DLL are up.

20. CRTFTW

CRTFTW Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 380x X2
    Do you know if/how it's possible to install drivers for API's separately?

In my scenario, I need to install the Mantle driver from 16.8.3. It's the one of the only drivers that won't crash with my CFX 380x's, as long as I use DLL's from a driver after 16.9.1 in the Battlefield 4 folder. Any other combination (new driver, new driver + old DLL's, etc) just crashes

This way I could keep new drivers for DX11/12/Vulkan, but run old drivers for Mantle.