GeForce 381.65 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JAMVA, Apr 6, 2017.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Anybody running these on 1607 and having good results? I'm on 1607 and 378.92, and with all the problems people seem to be having with CU+381.65 I'm very hesitant.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    For older games which are actually installed after being downloaded this may be true. For newer games Origin works almost exactly like Steam - almost because it forcefully checks the integrity of all found installations while Steam just adds them without such checking.

3. Airwave

Airwave Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    I have just updated windows 10 to version 1703 (Creators Update), and i can't use DSR downsampling, DSR resolutions doesn't appear selectable in games, i'm using 381.65 drivers and i didn't have this problem before this windows update. I have tried disabling fullscreen optimizations in the games exectutable proprerties, and disabling gamebar and DVR to no effect. Do you have any suggestions to solve this problem? thanks.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Same for me, installed the 381.65 drivers from Guru and selected all of the available DSR factors to get it to work.

5. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
  6. tyguy

tyguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Your system is almost identical to mine. Did reverting back to previous drivers help you like it did for me? I have kept the creative update and just rolled back the drivers.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    A. What games?

B. Try restarting the OS. I've had this problem with FH3 after install but right now it's picking up DSR resolution just fine. The only thing I can think of between then and now is a system reboot.

8. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    exactly same here... even the artifacts are same

and when on windows i click to shutdown the system give me a same artifacts before off monitor... but shutdown my pc normally

9. Airwave

Airwave Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    No luck, Tried this as well (reinstalling the drivers and selecting all DSR factors), didn't work.

Bayonetta, Dus Ex MD, Rise of the tomb raider, TW3 all of them on Steam. I hope to avoid a system reboot, but if i can't find any other solution i'll consider this route.

10. tyguy

tyguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Yeah, it's safe to say that these drivers aren't up to snuff. I'm glad there are multiple users with this same problem. Now, hopefully this gets fixed whenever they decide to release new drivers.

These drivers are more like Beta drivers.

11. Airwave

Airwave Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    Seems like i have solved my issue. You have to reboot the pc after selecting the DSR factors in order for them to actually show in games, i am sure it was not needed before the creators update.

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Yep, correct. I'm not on the creators update, and a reboot is not needed here with this driver. The DSR resolutions show up immediately in games.

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Windows 10 is a mess.
    This driver on Win7 has been fine, DSR and all.

14. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Drivers working perfectly on my old rig, creators build, smooth as hell....impressed :)

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I also had this bug with DSR by RS2 upgrade, after I reinstalled 381.65 it started working again.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You do realize I am perfectly well aware of all of this. Why are you arguing?
    I would prefer to do clean installs. However, due to my internet speed limits and over subscribing our crappy backhaul, I gave my reasons for not doing so. It requires me to download well over 50 GB to get every thing back. That's nearly a week of doing nothing else. I just go old school burn an ISO to disk to the update, clean up the leftovers and call it good. No issues this time.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Is there a good reference site on how to move Origin games to another drive w/o re DL'ing the game.
    I would try uninstalling Origin, reinstalling origin to new drive and move the Origin game folder to new path(I only have BF4 and BF1 both under Origin game folder).
    I might add new SSD second drive or to my secondary HDD but that's a spinner.

18. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
  19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Thanks, sounds pretty simple.

20. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Drivers working fine here, on Creators Update.