Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Apr 4, 2017.

1. AHPD

AHPD Active Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6800 XT
    Does GCN 1.0 support Wattman? I thought it's supported from GCN 1.1...

I had a 280X, but I sold the card, so I cannot check anymore.

2. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Starting from this driver it does, and it seems compatibility with Afterburner is broken because of this.

3. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    On Windows 10 Creators Update, there is a new "compatibility" option, go to a game executable, right click then go to "Properties > Compatibility" check "Disable fullscreen optimizations", this fixed one issue that I was having, when I opened a game my color calibrations would reset in all the system.

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Broken? how?

As always afterburner works fine here with the system in spec and 17.4.1

5. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    100% reproducible THREAD_STUCK_IN_DRIVER BSOD as soon as I close afterburner (including when it is closed automatically for system reboot/shutdown). Might be a crossfire problem, I don't know.

6. jono24776

jono24776 Member

GPU:
    6900 XT
    I had this happen with 290x crossfire when I updated to creators update, rolled back to current win10 and all is better.

7. Adiurd

Adiurd Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Uvd bug GNC 1.0 it's fixed for me, can play youtube 1080p videos and after frequencies back to idle state 300/150mhz.

Play recorded videos with relive using windows 10 reprocutor and again frequencies back to idle.

280x and Msi afterburner in background.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  8. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    295 x2 + 290x here and yes, same problem (With Update Windows creator)

9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Your probably right about it being crossfire related mate

sorry,

10. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    I didn't read all the comments but this new driver has some new apps like amddrv.exe and amdow.exe.

Regardless, RTSS OSD isn't working and if it's even open Fallout 4 won't open. Which didn't do that on 16.9.2. Thoughts?

I can close RTSS, open the game and re open RTSS, yet still no OSD.

11. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    Hi,

here with 2x 390x and seems working fine, except :

-with 17.3.2 wattman keeps settings only on 2nd card
    -with 17.3.3 drivers hang like crazy
    - with 17.4.1 drivers are the 17.3.3 but no more hanging... the bad new is that it is impossible to keep settings for both cards in wattman : when you hit "apply, it reverts back to default settings for frequency, but it keeps power limit as you set...

roohhh

12. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    Best is to bios mod them both precisely as you wish. Send both bios .rom from GPUz and I'll line them up. Ultra cool high performance. Got a decked out PSU? 1133Mhz each is possible 24/7 stable and much cooler as I dial them in.

13. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Well... did a fresh install of Creators Update which took me 2 full days...
    Not going to mention all the bugs with the OS but I can tell you this driver doesn't work well with it. I'm getting colour issues and Chill has completely disappeared along with all my game profiles (Origin are the only ones showing).

Performance seems worse, here's a userbench 6 months ago: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1769445
    vs
    Creators update on default driver: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3344139

EDIT: This is after installing newest drivers: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3346912

CPU and GPU performance is still lower (will see how that translates to games later) but OMG 100th percentile on my almost 5yr old Harddrive!! That's using the hseries Win8.1 AMD sata driver and v3.2.1.0 Asmedia Sata controller.

EDIT2: Think I found the culprit: Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 5503.936955
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation
    Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.096471
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time: USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation
    Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.316888

Would that be enough to explain it?

EDIT3: Tested with AV disabled and exited Steam but forgot to close browser: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3347307

Better CPU performance but GPU performance didn't budge, HDD score even higher at 122%.

Also did another test with above + Razer Synampse and browser exited: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3347384

CPU dropped again so it probably is the DPC latency. Graphics didn't go up. HDD ascended to legendary levels at 126% though :eek:

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Bad driver, Crossfire enabled on my two AMD Radeon HD 7970Ms crashes most of my games with black screen in Windows 10 Creator's Update.
    (And of course, Windows crashing on shutdown/restart with Crossfire enabled and ULPS enabled on GCN1.0 cards still isn't fixed, but I wasn't really expecting that since it's been going on since the July drivers and AMD just doesn't give a rat's @$$).

Used DDU and installed 17.3.3, Crossfire works fine in all games (it also works in Mass Effect Andromeda, by the way, although performance is worse than a single card there and a stuttery mess).

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  15. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:
    I'm disappointed with their drivers.Yes they release drivers frequently now like Nvidia does but that's all there is to it.I don't know about you guys who give props to them for trying to do a good job but...recently i tried to play some very old games and surprise.Some of the older games are being rendered BROKEN.Want me to name 2 titles for instance?

Hitman Blood Money
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

Of course no one will go back and play these games unless it's out of nostalgia.Who will even try to play SGW2 in DX9 mode no less?There's freaking glitches in the textures EVERYWHERE and this keeps happening (i would guess) for like 20+ drivers now.Then Hitman Blood Money.Now this is a game MOST ppl won't even bother playing except for the sake of nostalgia and good old times.Happily and sadly enough, i'm one of these ppl who will go back and try to play these games.First mission right after Prologue one, half the map is rendered useless and you can't even explore a part of that map.

Technical issues that i have now.I try to change the pixel format to Full RGB with 16xxx drivers and the screen responds immediately, changing to the desired pixel format.17xxx drivers now.The pixel format doesn't change when i press apply.Screen does nothing and nothing happens.I'l have to restart my PC in order to make it barely work while before with 16xxx drivers, that wasn't the case.Of course with a new driver installation the pixel format resets back to YCbCr 4:4:4.

Even some small indie games (japanese or not) are having issues with 17xxx drivers like, the picture trembles and white lines appear like my card is going to die.Not the case again in these games with 16xxx.

All i know is that i need to switch back to Nvidia.Updating drivers to play ME Andromeda optimally without performance issues, while some indie games or older ones still have problems like that, isn't an option for me.

16. dean469

dean469 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480GTR @1385
    Have you tried compatibility mode?

17. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    RTSS works fine for me. Only played a few games so far but Dishonored 2, BF1 and DOOM work fine for me. RTSS version 6.6.0

18. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    I thought I had the latest version 6.5.0... I went to 17.3.3 because of 5k fallout 4... I'll try this newer version... how did you find it? Thanks

I don't know if its a VSR 5k bug or what but sometimes the game will crash upon startup with RTSS open. It appears explorer though blocks the process so it's a strange issue. I'll give the 17.4.1's a go again. Although the game simply won't open on 17.4.1 with 5k... 17.3.3 works though... IDK maybe I'm missing something... seems to be that way a lot.

19. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    Okay updated to 17.4.1 and RTSS 7.0.0 and I didn't test RTSS *duh* haha

Still cannot open Fallout 4 at 5120x2880 with 17.4.1... Application has stopped working error. On 17.3.3 it works. So stuck with 4096x2160 which isn't 16:9 just wider 256 : 135.

5120x2880 is 16:9 so no need to resize display... Just an issue of 17.4.1... haha?

20. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    You have to remember that AMD's driver team is apparently MUCH smaller than Nvidia's, not saying its an excuse, but at least theres a reason for it.