GeForce 381.65 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JAMVA, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It resets color settings to Windows default if you open a game or a video player. It really sucks.

2. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Yeah, this has been really pissing me off as I have my gamma set to 1.1 and now it doesn't translate into games and not all games let you change your gamma.

I've even noticed that the colour setting don't even kick in on the desktop unless you switch from other applications control settings back to nvidia colour settings. It is definitely all messed up.

Sigh...

I forwarded the issue to the nVidia driver team so I hope it gets fixed. I HIGHLY encourage anyone with issues letting the driver team know about them as complaining on the forums doesn't reach the right people.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    this why i dont set colors threw the OS, I do it threw monitor, last icheck those change only work in windowed games, exclusive fullscreen has always reset colors. Mixture of how OS handles colors and drivers last i heard most OS though

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Windows 10 AU didn't reset the colors.

5. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    My 980 still performs bad in dx12 no gains or anything, so sad for that ol card, i just hope these new babies don't have the same fate.

6. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    My gamma settings in the NV control panel definitively translated into Rainbow Six Siege with exclusive fullscreen on previous drivers. Made a huge difference as there is no gamma setting in that game.

7. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    I updated both windows 10 and nvidia drivers and i got Regularly Watch dogs 2 to freeze for seconds and totally freeze also.
    Dunno who is the culprit but that sounds definitely not good.

8. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    Yeah i got one too while playing. I didn't took time to write down the message given.
    I guess it's time to rollback either the driver or W10 update.

9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    LOL. That highlighted part exactly describes both Forza games on the Windows 10 Store. You can at least download one of them (Apex) for free to try out with game mode. The other one (Horizon 3) isn't free, but both games hammer 1 or 2 cores to 100% and leaves the others to do basically nothing.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still havent had single bsod, in windows 10, it perfectly stable imo, buggs and glitchs not with standing

11. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Run fine so far.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  12. pituno

pituno Guest

GPU:
    16gb ddr4
    Driver crash in Bioshock Remastered.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that sound famillar isnt that defrag program?, I still use Mydefrag and my own scripts for HDD, I let the OS optimise my SSD once month

14. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    I Don't have such a soft installed here.
    I already rollback to previous update which rollback drivers at the same time.
    Played WD2 for 45 mins and didn't have any system hang up while playing.

I guess i have to wait for the feedbacks before to give that update a try again.

15. marcvampire

marcvampire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    fixed both issues. Downloaded an older version of d3d9.dll and put it in the Cyberghost install folder and it used that instead, and worked.

And downloaded the 32-bit version of Potplayer which worked.

Also noticed nssm.exe (non-sucking service manager) doesnt work on creator update, but that has nothing to do with Nvidia

16. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I wish they would fix my SteamVR issue with the dashboard not displaying the library and desktop icons, been like this with every release since November, pretty annoying. At least I have to assume it's Nvidia driver issue, Valve support acts clueless about it and can't think of anything else that would cause it.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    We're all beta testers for MS anyway. The "final" release of this update is not final. It's still a beta. MS calls it "the pilot phase" and it will last 4 months:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/31...sh-to-install-windows-10-creators-update.html

So the actual final version of this update will be released in August.

So, "Insider Preview" users got the early beta, now the general public gets the normal beta, and in 4 months the stable version will come out.

18. rla1999

rla1999 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080 TI FE
    I have a couple of basic questions for you guys with this driver. NVIDIA users are having many issues with the two below:
    1. HDR - is this for 4k monitors only?
    2. Window's 10 Creator's update - Is this a new update in Windows that will be automatically added?
    Thanks

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    HDR can be for 1080p too. i dont see why it would only be 4k thing.

Creator update will be pushed out like anniversary update last year, starting april 14th? in stages

20. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Something with the 1703 update and nVidia drivers are causing the ICC profile and custom nvidia colours to revert back to default when I restart.

Also, any game (not application though) with an nvidia profile which is detected through the manage 3d settings tab will revert the icc profile and/or custom nvidia colour settings to default while the games without a profile retain ICC/nvidia custom colour settings. This happens on both 378.92 and 381.65.

I rely on these profiles/settings because I have a laptop and can't change them externally like a normal monitor could.

I wish I didn't delete my Windows.old folder as I would definitely revert until this has been sorted.

Any ideas?

Since this is not a 381.65 specific issue I have also created a new thread to talk about it here.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017