Hello all my CPU Died I need to upgrade.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by nicks1222, Apr 5, 2017.

1. nicks1222

nicks1222 Guest

Hello all my cpu died have some questions.

I've been looking at the ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 and the Intel Core i7-7700K.

I have windows 7 currently would it work on those? Do I have to get windows 10. I dislike windows 10 I've tried it. Its really not to my liking so please some advice or do you all have different options for me.

2. nicks1222

nicks1222 Guest

what's everyone opinion on windows 10 should i let go what i think about it? Okay I check on it kaby needs windows 10 but i7-6700k does not. The only thing I really didn't like on windows 10 is its auto updates that they force.
    Thanks time to research ryzen.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    If you go with Win10, I'd look into customizing it to remove all bloatware(Cortana, X-box services, ads, etc...). If there ISO of Win10 with minimum setup, that what you looking for.

Regarding CPU, Ryzen actually might be better choice. For gaming Ryzen 1700 already prooves to hold better min FPS, thanks for more cores. Especially for AAA titles with engines that can utilize all cores of Ryzen.
    7700K already throttles is some titles and it's gonna get worse as games come to require more CPU power.

6 core Ryzen coming soon, might want to see what it has to offer. Price-perfomance should be nice.

4. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    With "Blackbird" you can remove all the crap from W10 http://www.getblackbird.net/ and auto-updates can be disabled in Group Policy Editor.
    I agree with sverek a 1700 will be more future proof

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Ryzen is only "fully supported" on Win10 as well.... That will be the case with all processors going forward.

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Hi there.

I´ve just pu together a new rig, you can see the specs on my profile, and i´m using W7 on it without any problems, at least for now...
    The problem is that i had to create a bootable USB drive with USB 3.0 drivers for the OS to install and that takes some time and a lot of patience...

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    While Ryzen is a solid choice for a cpu, what you wrote is incorrect. 7700k beats it in gaming 90%+ times, minimum (1%, 0.1%) average and high fps. Also has better frametimes than gaming on Ryzen.

Please stop spreading this nonsense.

8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    We all watching different benchmarks. My statement stands by latest Ryzen bios update and fast speed memory. And not taking in account Nvidia + Ryzen performance drama.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    There's no performance drama with Nvidia + Ryzen, not sure where you're pulling that from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRCK7RfbUg&t=338s

Also, yes, there's been a slight performance increase with Ryzen and fast ram but it's still slower than 7700k in games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cHJ7FDZKg8&t=1487s by quite a bit, actually.

Listen, if you think you can make up a 7% deficit in IPC and 1ghz clock with some bios updates, you're deluded.

10. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Rude and predictable. Of course you throw benches from sites that had lowest performance compared to Intel.

Listen, I am not gonna push down your throat benches and numbers. But if you getting yet another quad core in 2017 for the price of 8 and expect it to last as Sandy did, you gotta be deluded yourself.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So you have nothing to back up your claims? Thought so. Pulling nonsense out of your backside won't wash here.

12. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    It's still to early to say that Ryzen is performing at it's full potential - I remember when the i7 920 came out, people had the same issues with that as Ryzen is having now - People were reluctant to give the 920 a chance, with it having issues with it's Hyperthreading, memory bottlenecks when the q9650 could just jack it's FSB up ridiculously high etc

The thing with Ryzen at the moment though is that it's suffering from several issues compounding the problem - we've got the scheduler although as far as we know that's working normally, we've got the memory latency, which supposedly will be improved with microcode, we've got differences in performance between nVidia and AMD cards across the differing platforms (I'm still under the impression that nVidia's drivers need further optimisation for the Ryzen platform).

Now the synthetics say that Ryzen is really good, application performance is really good but why is it that just game performance is bad - well, not bad, but weaker with this weaker performance being shown significantly when used in conjunction with nVidia GPUs - it simply can't be a coincidence.

What we can say though that at the moment, 7700k is indeed the fastest you can get but this is the short term - what about long term investment? It's really still too early to tell and it's unfair to deny Ryzen's potential, just as it was unfair to when the i7 920 came out (that CPU is still doing rather well today).

Eitherway the decision should really be based on context, do you need the immediate performance offered by intel? Or Will this be a long time investment intending to last as long as possible?

13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I am better than throwing numbers around. Too old to fight kids. Have fun at school.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So... Just your words against legitimate benchmarks? Cute. Good luck with that. Guys, good to know, just avoid this clown.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I really think you should cool it down. Every post you make is aggressive and disrespectful.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    [​IMG]

17. nicks1222

nicks1222 Guest

I never said I had my mind set on i7-7700k. I've stated that I was looking at the i7-7700k. I apologize I didn't mean to start anything I was just looking for opinions on what people thought. I've also look at the ryzen. It looks like ryzen is better for gaming which one is better for video editing. I also look at the i7-6700k.

18. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Why was Eclap banned?

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Becouse he is such a nice guy. ;)

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest