The GTX 1080-Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Local online store finally got their big MSI shipment. My Sea Hawk X is currently being packaged. Hopefully I have it by tomorrow.

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I would wait a bit on EK announcement for which card they will be making blocks

EK never made block for GTX1080 or GTX1070 Zotac AMP or AMP Extreme, EVGA FTW I think for these cards they should do and HoF
    I would only think they always made for their Founders Edition or Blower style cards not for HoF

For AMP Extreme or AMP Edition and HoF cards you need to have look on Bitspower waterblock as they usually makes blocks for these cards or Alphacool blocks

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hey Jura,

yeah I've done some reading, and as it looks EKWB will only release some blocks for specific models of Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, and EVGA. (LINK)

Sadly, with Bitspower they haven't even released anything for the 1080Ti aftermarket cards (according to their own homepage), we'll see about that I guess. They did Zotac and KFA2 for the 1080 though.

Pretty much the same with Alphacool, even though Alphacool offers you to send your hardware in if they haven't done a block that fits your hardware, and if you're the first you get the waterblock for free :D

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I got the MSI Gaming X since I want silence over speed this time. Plus I still might get lucky in the silicone lottery.

Well if you got all the time in the world, I'd get the one that piques your interest the most :D

How much did you pay for it? I was contemplating whether to get a AIO card this time simply cause my CPU AIO works so well and looks great.

Edit : It's starting to get priced here in Sweden for 150€ more than the Gaming X which is obviously quite a lot.

5. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    7400 Danish kroners, from Proshop.dk. They just raised the price to around 7800, guess they sold it a bit too cheap. Many of the Danish stores seem to be price gouging pretty hard, with the Strix and Gaming X hovering around 7400-7500.

So I actually paid less for the Hawk than I would have the Strix, which I initially had pre-ordered, though never got any stock.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Bitspower usually release the blocks bit later than other makers like Alphacool or EK and if you are thinking go route of custom PCB then you will need to wait on Bitspower or EK

When I bought mine Zotac GTX1080 AMP I didn't think I will be going route of custom water loop but when I wanted WB for Zotac its has been pain to find and only block which will work is Alphacool but their blocks are pretty restrictive and Bitspower has released block after I sold mine Zotac and due this I went with Founders edition cards which clocks pretty good(first will do 2164MHz at 1.073v and EVGA FE will make 2100MHz at 1.073v as well which is bit disappointing)

Placed order on EVGA GTX1080 Ti FE,I don't need fancy coolers etc,hopefully will clocks OK

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well time I've got more or less, the issue is to get the most out of the work to drain the custom loop, renew and change some things in the rig, then go through filling and bleeding again... so it's more an issue of having it pay off the most :D

Still reads like those two were good clockers! I think it's odd that the EVGA FE does a bit less, but I guess it's the lottery there. Is the A.S.I.C. score still a thing for cards with Pascal?

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Aha,didn't know that, they're good clockers
    Yup, tried few things but EVGA FE is unstable above 2100MHz, max I've saw has been 2125MHz at 1.093v which lasted for about 3 days and then no way I could keep that clocks and VRAM clocks at these clocks, right now running EVGA at 2100MHz and 5150MHz(150MHz on VRAM OC), on first Manli I can do 2164MHz and 450-500MHz(5450-5500MHz) on daily basis at 1.073v and in SLI both cards are running at 2088MHz as max anything above that just result in freeze etc

I don't think I will be able push Ti at these clocks, will be happy with 2.0GHz+

I don't think ASIC score making any difference on Pascal cards but maybe I'm wrong there

I just sold my Titan X SC Maxwell few days ago and replaced few things inside loop and received block for Ti as well, just waiting on Ti to show up

PC will be used for rendering rather than gaming but off course I will be playing few games and compare SLI vs single Ti but man SLI sucks

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What a weird pricing strategy you have in DK? I've found it on proshop.se for 10k SEK which is 7700 DKK. I bought my Gaming X for 9000 SEK or 7000 DKK so they're way more expensive in DK apparently :eek:

Oh, you're going water, well then I guess it needs serious afterthought :D

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Funny that we've yet to see anyone post their pic of their AIB board :D

12. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
  13. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    It's not exactly a looker but I'm satisfied.

[​IMG]

14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    "applaud" :boozer:

Mine is on its way, cant wait.

Which resolution you use, how well is OC' going?

15. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    I'm running 1440p, 144Hz. So should see some use.

Haven't messed too much with OC, currently doing a +125 Core / +450 Mem, boosts to around 2050.

16. shalafi

shalafi Member

GPU:
    GB 1080Ti FE Hybrid
    temps at those clocks, please :)

17. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Hovers around 54-55c during heavy gaming load, sneaks up to 58c during heavy benchmarks. Seems to maintain a 2037 boost and peaks at 2050.

18. shalafi

shalafi Member

GPU:
    GB 1080Ti FE Hybrid
    many thanks .. seems to be very similar to my FE + EVGA Hybrid kit. Though I'm adding a second fan to the rad and rearranging my case fans to keep the temps below 55 (seems doable after first tests with a leftover fan).

19. LKHERO

LKHERO Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking to get an GTX1080 Ti relatively soon. I'm a big overclocker, been doing it for years and right now I'm packing a MSI Gaming Z 1070 @ +100 core/+400 mem.

However, for this next project, I might change it up a bit.

The three choices that I'm looking at right now is the eVGA FTW3, the MSI Gaming X and the ASUS STRIX.

Can anyone attest to the OC capabilities between the three brands or is it just pure luck? What about heat idle vs. load? I don't really care that much about noise.

20. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    LKHERO
    None, GPU is the same, and you play silicon lottery. What it comes down to is cooling / how well it OC's / Clocks over time. AIO / Water cooling wins versus air at all of those points. And of course longevity of your hardware, cooler GPU = longer lasting gpu IN GENERAL ( there can Always be faulty ones, however IN GENERAL that is the case lower temps = serves longer )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.