Hitman (2016) HDR Lag

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sovietdoc, Apr 1, 2017.

1. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Guest

GPU:
    I am getting massive lag when playing Hitman in HDR mode. Unfortunalety I can't get FPS counter working to see if ti's the fps or something else, but it's horrendous. Moving camera has a huuuuge delay, and the entire game just feels very choppy.

Switching to SDR mode, everything is silky smooth.

Does any one have any ideas? Is HDR processing a lot more demanding that SDR on the videocard or something?

2. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    What TV or Monitor with HDR support are you using? Some LG and Sony devices have problems with displaying HDR images, huge input lag and shuttering. I would check for firmware update.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @ 4k it does lag and somehow cap the fps to 35

however @ 1080p it runs smooth

4. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Guest

GPU:
    I have an LG OLED 55" B6P with the latest update that introduces an HDR game mode.

Yes it almost feels like the game is running at 30fps and therefore 30hz. It lags bad.

If indeed the issue is with 30 Hz, I am curious if it's because my game desktop is set to run in RGB (chroma 4:4:4), 4k and 8bpc, but HDR mode kicks the TV into a 10 bpc mode, which cannot be displayed with current HDMI standard, as there isn't enough bandwidth.

So the graphics driver tries to keep all the settings the same, and automatically drops to 30hz. Otherwise I'd have to bring the chroma subsampling to like4:2:2 or even 4:0:0 to keep the color 10bpc for HDR.

5. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Guest

GPU:
    Nope that's not it, just tried switching to limited color range in the driver at 10bpc color, and the game was still lagging like hell.

Tried dropping the resolution down a notch to 2k from 4k, and everything runs silky smooth even in RGB chroma 4:4:4 mode with no color loss

6. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    someone needs to calibrate his tv i guess also hdr and pc is still in its infancy so best of luck to you and all other early adopters hope u find a solution soon

7. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Guest

GPU:
    Alright, scaled down to 2k res, the game runs just fine. Oh well, can't have all the goodies at the same time it seems. Still, with AA maxed out at 2k the game still looks pretty decent.