AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.3.3 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Okie. In 5 days or so, when I;m back home.
    Everything quiet for now. Zero errors.

2. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    Thats not what I meant---even for single GPU setups AMDs drivers have been rather flaky over the years, especially a couple a years ago when the drivers werent coming out anywheres near as frequently as they do now.

And the ESO problem is a shining very recent example of it--the grass flicker problem is not CF related.

3. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Hey dude, you are right. I think AMD and nV should start making "new gens" every month or two (The only differences in last couple of years is number of cores most of the time anyway) and make bugs for older gens and if you want to play new games, you would have to change GPUs all the time.

I am quite sure I wont buy or recommend AMD GPU anytime soon, so I am not sure how AMD benefits from that.
    I just can't imagine myself to buy polaris/vega card, then when navi comes out, to pray for not getting any bug with drivers because it will be ignored.

4. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Hitman is running pretty badly here, both in DX11 and DX12. I've searched for videos of people with similar setups to mine and they all run better than me, pretty weird. I'm talking like 11fps to 100fps and back down all the time.

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    It's probably your CPU that's holding your performance to an extent, assuming you're playing the game on the same rig described in your specs.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What model of power supply are you using?

7. someonelikeyou

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Corsair CX-600

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That's fine for that video card.

Have you tried doing a clean installation of the driver?

Uninstall the driver via Device Manager, tick "delete driver software for this device", then Run DDU, you can get that here http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Run DDU is safe mode, DDU gives you an option to restart into safe mode, run it in safe mode, restart, if you are running Windows 10 make sure it doesn't auto install old video card drivers by disconnecting your pc from the net.

Now install the new drivers.

If after this you are still getting strange performance I would suggest doing a clean install of Windows.

9. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Might be coincidence, but decided once again to install 17.3.3 through Relive Control Panel, been experiencing numerous black screens requiring a hard reboot while watching Flash streams this morning.

10. someonelikeyou

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Yeah I highly doubt that will do anything, in fact I always do that process... First I uninstall normally through control panel, reboot in safe mode and use DDU, reboot and install the newest one without internet connection, I also have the automatic driver install offline and using w10 enterprise.

11. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    After driver update in Forza Horizon 3 I see black dots all over the screen while I am in festival site.

[​IMG]
    Anyone else with the same issue?

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Stay away from 17.3.X branch, particular games black dots for me also.

DX12 hitman and Forza DX12 are some of them. Weak drivers.

Best until now are those 17.2.1 whql 28feb. Cheers!

13. someonelikeyou

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    I saw something similar while running the hitman benchmark

14. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    What I find strange is that those black dots are what I personally see if my voltage is too low when overclocking/underclocking. Weird issue, especially if it's specifically related to DX12.

15. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Question. The whole Re-Live thing. Worth or no? Sorry have been out of the loop awhile. Ill. :puke: :puke3: Thanks

16. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Yeah, you are right, just did a roll back to 17.2.1, no more visual artifacts.

17. someonelikeyou

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    [​IMG]

Another kind of graphical glitch with Hitman. Another thing I've noticed is that after I installed MSI afterburner to check the usage, my fan was always at 20% which made the card downclock ALOT to 710~720mhz, I've enabled the "auto fan" on afterburner and now it's downclocking less but still doing it, annoying as hell.

18. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    You can install it and disable/enable it. So nothing wasted if you don't want to use it afterwards.

19. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Not only that, check the flag on the cutscene of Marrakesh or check the shadows on low.
    There are a ton of bugs visual corruption, either DX11 or DX12, I tested on my laptop with nvidia and it is fine.
    Since this game is AMD sponsored it's a little bit weird to see much more problems with AMD hardware than with nvidia.

20. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    AMD drivers....problem free....ROFL...im an amd user and fan but, neither company has had bug free drivers ever, and at the moment i know people on both sides who are having driver related issues with various titles and even desktop apps in some cases.....pita...but hey.... people will still give both companies lots of money even if they never fix longstanding issues....

they dont seem to care to fix alot of issues with drivers past 16.11.5 for people using older cards..they have never really taken the UVD bug with 1.0 cards seriously imho...

just....annoys me....i would change camps but....having done that a few times....its not the ideal solution by any means... you always fix some problems and endup with others.

and the ESO thing....i have reported it theres a workaround, you can use the dll file from the last working version and bypass the use of the updated dll ;)